Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TranaGreg
    replied
    I can't believe that nobody has posted about Brockmire yet ... we just stumbled across it & watched the first three episodes ... Hank Azaria is, well, check it out ...

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    My son advised me to watch "The Squid Game" on Netflix and through 2 episodes, it's been great.

I've checked out a few others of late to watch with my family (I'm cool like that):

- Doom Patrol (HBO) - good, went off the rails a bit in Season 2, but back now for Season 3. My impatient 11-year old watches this without me, so hopefully I'll get to it soon.
    - Nine Perfect Strangers (Hulu) - 1st episode didn't grab me despite the other-worldly cast. Not sure I'm going back.
    - Only Murders in the Building (Hulu) - same as above, although this gets a perfect 100% on RT. I'll go back for episode 2.
    Squid game is awesome.

Ep. 1 is great, although the previews give a lot of it away.
    The episodes in the middle are okay - a bit predictable.
    The ending episodes are great, it lives up to the hype.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    My son advised me to watch "The Squid Game" on Netflix and through 2 episodes, it's been great.

I've checked out a few others of late to watch with my family (I'm cool like that):

- Doom Patrol (HBO) - good, went off the rails a bit in Season 2, but back now for Season 3. My impatient 11-year old watches this without me, so hopefully I'll get to it soon.
    - Nine Perfect Strangers (Hulu) - 1st episode didn't grab me despite the other-worldly cast. Not sure I'm going back.
    - Only Murders in the Building (Hulu) - same as above, although this gets a perfect 100% on RT. I'll go back for episode 2.

Leave a comment:

• chancellor
    replied
    Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    For some reason I saw the pilot of La Brea, not sure why. I barely even watch TV and for some weird reason I was like, "hey, maybe this is kinda like Lost." It was so, so, so, so bad. At one point after getting sucked into the Land of the Lost, sans sleestacks or Chaka, some character says something like "wow, this is like an episode of Lost!" I bailed shortly thereafter. It was brutal in every way.
    No Sleestacks? Yeah, that would suck.

Leave a comment:

• Bene Futuis
    replied
    Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Loki is the best of the new Marvel TV shows, all of which have been exceelent, imo. Looking forward to the finale tomorrow. Hope to check out Spandex Johansen, aka Black Widow, in the near future, too.
    What If? has been really exceelent so far, too, with the exception of one Thor-based episode. They are really teeing up the next phase of the Marvel really well and I can't wait to see the next multiverse movies that flesh it out more.

Leave a comment:

• Bene Futuis
    replied
    For some reason I saw the pilot of La Brea, not sure why. I barely even watch TV and for some weird reason I was like, "hey, maybe this is kinda like Lost." It was so, so, so, so bad. At one point after getting sucked into the Land of the Lost, sans sleestacks or Chaka, some character says something like "wow, this is like an episode of Lost!" I bailed shortly thereafter. It was brutal in every way.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    NCIS Hawaii is NOT Exceelent TV.

I liked Hawaii Five O, this is not that. Maybe at best Hawaii Five O light...very light. The characters are not likeable. Some are annoying. Even the beauty of the Islands are not enough to make me come back.

La Brea is NOT Exceelent TV either.

With the exception of Natalie Zea I don't really care for the other characters. Unlikeable characters, combined with bad acting and bad special effects do not make for exceelent TV.

I might give this one more episode to see if it gets better. But if Mrs. Gregg wants to pass I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Any 30 Rock fans? I've watched 1st season while on COVID quarantine. It's pretty funny, though not sure how well it'll hold up in subsequent seasons.
    I was a fan when it was on, but it wasn't "must see TV" for me. Definitely some good episodes and moments though.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Any 30 Rock fans? I've watched 1st season while on COVID quarantine. It's pretty funny, though not sure how well it'll hold up in subsequent seasons.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    The opening drone sequence in last night's Hard Knocks was amazing:

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    The Field of Dreams Game was so much more than I thought it would be. So much fun.

Well done MLB and Fox well done.

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    replied
    When you think about it - Forrest Whitaker, Vincent D'Onofrio, Giancarlo Esposito, Chazz Palminteri & Paul Sorvino -- how could you go wrong?
    but maybe the best acting in this series is Nigel Thatch as Malcom X, he is awesome

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    no, but he does have a Tommy Gun
    They used to be the Colt 45s so I guess that checks out.

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken View Post
    I thought he just had Tommy John
    no, but he does have a Tommy Gun

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    When you think about it - Forrest Whitaker, Vincent D'Onofrio, Giancarlo Esposito, Chazz Palminteri & Paul Sorvino -- how could you go wrong?
    I thought he just had Tommy John

Leave a comment:

Working...
X