X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    Season 2 of Godfather of Harlem is really weel done, exceelent writing, exceelent acting. I think I've enjoyed it even more than Season 1. Still 4 eps to air in August to end the season.
    When you think about it - Forrest Whitaker, Vincent D'Onofrio, Giancarlo Esposito, Chazz Palminteri & Paul Sorvino -- how could you go wrong?

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    replied
    Season 2 of Godfather of Harlem is really weel done, exceelent writing, exceelent acting. I think I've enjoyed it even more than Season 1. Still 4 eps to air in August to end the season.

Leave a comment:

• Bene Futuis
    replied
    Loki is the best of the new Marvel TV shows, all of which have been exceelent, imo. Looking forward to the finale tomorrow. Hope to check out Spandex Johansen, aka Black Widow, in the near future, too.

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied
    Leverage Redemption's first 8 episodes dropped over the weekend. I watched episode 1 last night and it had the same energy and fun of the original. Noah Wiley lacks Timothy Hutton's gravitas, but it plays up all the other characters. Aldis Hodge time is going to be limited due to other commitments but will still be part of the show from time to time.

The only downside was figuring out what I had to do to get IMBD TV so I could watch it. Ended up with an app on my X-Box.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Just finished it and I thought it was great. It's funny that I responded to this post with a recommendation of The Leftovers, as they were both created by Damon Lindelof, (which I didn't know at that time).
    A buddy of mine who is a part-time actor had a scene in The Leftovers. I'll try and find it and post it here if possible.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    I’ve completely changed my tune on Watchmen. It’s confusing as all hell, with millions of flashbacks and scenes with little to no info, but I’ve grown to love it.

Just finished it and I thought it was great. It's funny that I responded to this post with a recommendation of The Leftovers, as they were both created by Damon Lindelof, (which I didn't know at that time).

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Any of you guys watched Sweet Tooth? It’s a post-apocalyptic story about a pandemic that ravaged the world and wiped out most of humanity. Oh, and there are human-animal hybrid kids who get hunted and who lots of folks blame for the virus. Shockingly exceelent.
    It’s on my list, but I will bump it up.

We tried Physical on Apple TV tonight, largely because I thought a show set in the early 1980s would be in my wheelhouse, but it was most unexceeelent and I tossed it after 20 wasted minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Sour Masher
    replied
    Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Any of you guys watched Sweet Tooth? It’s a post-apocalyptic story about a pandemic that ravaged the world and wiped out most of humanity. Oh, and there are human-animal hybrid kids who get hunted and who lots of folks blame for the virus. Shockingly exceelent.
    Have not seen it yet, but like the comic it is based on.

Leave a comment:

• Bene Futuis
    replied

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied
    Black Summer came back for season 2 on Netflix. It's more zombies (supposedly takes place in the Z-Nation world, but it is about as dark as Z-Nation was zany... not even remotely the same feel.) It's also pretty far from Walking Dead, much less about world building and feelz and more about immediate survival. Season 1 took place about a week after outbreak, and this seems to take place about 6 months or more after. Much more of a 28 days later feel than any of the TV stuff. The 8 episodes this season take place over maybe 4 days or so? I ripped through them in one night.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam View Post
    I'm a few episodes behind for this season but a big fan of the series as a whole. That plus the A&E wrestling biographies have made it a great time to relive some of the wrestling glory days.
    They also just started with "Dark Side of Football." I checked out the Chad Johnson episode. Well done, but not the same.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    If you are, or were ever, a professional wrestling fan, Vice’s “Dark Side of the Ring” is for you. Three seasons, each episode is a documentary about a wrestler or subject, from Owen Hart to Dynamite Kid to the Montreal Screwjob. Pure exceelence.
    I'm a few episodes behind for this season but a big fan of the series as a whole. That plus the A&E wrestling biographies have made it a great time to relive some of the wrestling glory days.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    If you are, or were ever, a professional wrestling fan, Vice’s “Dark Side of the Ring” is for you. Three seasons, each episode is a documentary about a wrestler or subject, from Owen Hart to Dynamite Kid to the Montreal Screwjob. Pure exceelence.

Leave a comment:

• nullnor
    Guest replied
    the nevers

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Apple Plus’s 1971 is most exceelent

Leave a comment:

Working...
X