Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• revo
    replied
    I know I posted this before, but For All Mankind on Apple TV+ is great. Second season just came out.

Into Season 3 of The Handmaid’s Tale and it is crazzzeee.

Just finished Ted Lasso and it was OK, nothing spectacular.

Young Rock is cool, especially if you were a wrestling fan in the 1980s. Some of the cast of characters include Andre the Giant, Junkyard Dog, the Samoans, the Iron Sheik, and of course, Rocky Johnson.

Leave a comment:

• BuckyBuckner
    replied
    Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Is it? Loved, loved, loved the books but never watched the show. I thought it got cancelled or something.....
    It's really good. There are five seasons so far and a sixth on the way. I didn't know it was based on books.

Leave a comment:

• Bene Futuis
    replied
    Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    The Expanse is really good on Amazon Prime.
    Is it? Loved, loved, loved the books but never watched the show. I thought it got cancelled or something.....

Leave a comment:

• BuckyBuckner
    replied
    The Expanse is really good on Amazon Prime.

Leave a comment:

• Steve 2.0
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    Yup, The Boys is great.
    Loved Season 1. Was not as impressed with Season 2....the wife and I quit after about episode 5.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    That's a whole lotta TV! Amazon Prime also has The Boys, which is entertaining, if not life changing.
    Yup, The Boys is great.

Leave a comment:

• Bene Futuis
    replied
    That's a whole lotta TV! Amazon Prime also has The Boys, which is entertaining, if not life changing.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    I was holding off on Disney+, but now I see it comes with ESPN+ and G-League basketball, I may have to revisit!
    I held off (I had a Disney+ trial and found it very underwhelming) but finally bought the package last month. I like ESPN+ more than I thought I would, especially the Saturday night MMA fights, although it's ridiculous that there isn't a watchlist capability. Hulu kinda sucks ass, but we really like The Handmaid's Tale. There's no way I'm paying an extra $7 a month just for no commercials on Hulu, but having the commercials really blows.

I have a bunch of the streamers, here's how I would rate them:

HBO Max: A+
    - great original content (including the DC Universe), the monthly new movies, and access to the HBO catalog

Netflix: B
    - obviously was the top dog for a long time, but the original content is becoming more like straight to video crap. They don't seem to be adding any of the movies that went to theaters. It kinda sucks to see them pitch 10-15 year old movies as if they're enticing ("Oooh, Invictus!)

Amazon Prime: B-
    - Coming to America II is a huge score, and they do have some good shows & original movies (Jack Ryan, Bosch, Borat etc) but it seems like they drip out new content infrequently. They also don't add too many movies that hit theaters in the last 10 years. I did find that they have a good catalog of old TV shows, if you like that sort of thing (Rockford Files, the Dean Martin Roasts, Tenspeed and Brownshoe, lol)

ESPN+: B-
    - MMA fights, additional NCAA Basketball and NHL games, some decent shows like Peyton's Places and the entire catalog of 30 for 30. It's not bad as an enticer to get the upgraded Disney package. But no watchlist capabilities. An entry level coder could fix that in a day. Come on Boomer!

Apple TV+: C-
    - a couple of good movies like Greyhound, and some good shows like For All Mankind and Ted Lasso (which is merely OK), but also a verrry limited catalog of about 30 titles. That's it. If I didn't get it included with a recent iPad purchase, I would not buy it. #thanksSteveJobs

Disney Plus: C-
    - obviously, it's great for kids who are into Disney/Pixar. But if you're like me, my kids don't give a lick about Disney movies, and have already seen all the Marvel movies, so it's all about new content -- of which there is very little besides WandaVision. Maybe that changes, but for now, meh.

Showtime: D
    - Billions, Homeland, Ray Donovan, and a few others. I haven't found their recent shows to be much of anything. I usually do a mid-year switcheroo with HBO, probably will be terminating this soon.

Hulu: D-
    - some good original content like The Handmaid's Tale and Castle Rock, but you're forced to endure commercials or be blackmailed for additional $7 a month. And I thought for a long time they had virtually every TV show on earth in their catalog. They don't. Not even close. They only have about 20-25 old TV series per network. Big whoop. And not sure I want to watch episodes of "Taxi" with commercials, exactly how I did 40 years ago. What's next, paying for color?

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied
    I was holding off on Disney+, but now I see it comes with ESPN+ and G-League basketball, I may have to revisit!

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Yeah, I'm loving it but if you haven't seen all the Avengers movies, a lot will be missed.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    For Wandavision, you really have to be a Marvel fanboy to understand everything that's going on. I read an article on the most recent episode and everything that went over my head was because I haven't really followed the Scarlet Witch/Vision storyline in the Avengers that closely.

Leave a comment:

• Teenwolf
    replied
    Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I have seen the first one and a half episodes. Hasn't really grabbed my attention yet.
    Yeah, my wife and I don't follow MCU and we felt lost throughout the pilot. All the jokes are fan service about their powers, zero interest to me. I may try another episode, but I don't have much incentive being disconnected from the larger story.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    I have seen the first one and a half episodes. Hasn't really grabbed my attention yet.
    Definitely gets better quickly, although I've enjoyed them all

Leave a comment:

• ironfist
    replied
    I think it was episode 3 or 4 where they really kickstart the story and then it gets more interesting.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Originally posted by ironfist View Post
    yep, but I like the strangeness. The first two were fun if you enjoy classic TV, but I'm glad they're starting to get into the real story now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X