Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heyelander
    replied
    Watched the first Episode of Michael Mann's Tokyo Vice on HBO last night. Great Mann atmosphere. Excited to see where it goes.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    The Offer......you'll thank me.
    Thank you!!

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    If you love The Wire, you’ll love David Simon’s new Wire clone on HBO, We Own the City, about drug dealers, cops, and lawyers in Baltimore.
    First episode was very good. Thanks for the tip.

Leave a comment:

• GwynnInTheHall
    replied
    Yeah, my mom can't stop talking about it. Funny, I had accidentally bought Paramount +, but it just expired and now I may actually buy it even though everything else on there sucks, lol.
    Not a trekkie then eh?

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Yeah, my mom can't stop talking about it. Funny, I had accidentally bought Paramount +, but it just expired and now I may actually buy it even though everything else on there sucks, lol.

Leave a comment:

• GwynnInTheHall
    replied

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    If you love The Wire, you’ll love David Simon’s new Wire clone on HBO, We Own the City, about drug dealers, cops, and lawyers in Baltimore.

Leave a comment:

• harmon
    replied
    Putting in a good word for Peaky Blinders. Cillian Murphy in the lead role is outstanding. Lots of great music.

Leave a comment:

• Bene Futuis
    replied
    Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    I enjoyed Rothaniel, from Sour Masher's suggestion, but I probably wouldn't re-watch. Too heavy.

Check out Carmichael's other lighter specials though. He's great.
    I mean, I’m interested, but Rothaniel was hardcore enough to give me pause. Feels like I need to psyche myself up before jumping back into Carmichael. He is a top notch storyteller, for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Teenwolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    I watched Jerrod Carmichael's comedy special "Rothaniel" recently. I only knew him from his appearance in that Seth Rogan movie "Neighbors". Wow, I was not prepared for that. It is both comedy and really heavy emotional stuff. The show really stayed with me for a while. Kind of a tough watch but very much worth it.
    I enjoyed Rothaniel, from Sour Masher's suggestion, but I probably wouldn't re-watch. Too heavy.

Check out Carmichael's other lighter specials though. He's great.

Leave a comment:

• Bene Futuis
    replied
    I watched Jerrod Carmichael's comedy special "Rothaniel" recently. I only knew him from his appearance in that Seth Rogan movie "Neighbors". Wow, I was not prepared for that. It is both comedy and really heavy emotional stuff. The show really stayed with me for a while. Kind of a tough watch but very much worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Bene Futuis
    replied
    I'm mixed so far on Moon Knight (who, BTW, was one of my faves as a kid). I'm glad they made it, but it seems very jumpy and weird. Maybe I don't remember the comic as it's been 40+ years, lol, but so far I think it's just OK.
    I like that it's jumpy and weird. We've had enough regular ol' superhero Marvel stuff already. It's nice when they mix it up some, imo. I've never read any of the comic books (or actually any comic book ever) so I don't know how well it tracks with those. Poe Dameron guy (something Isaac) does a really good job jumping between his personalities, imo.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Moon Knight is pretty weird and pretty good. It has that dude from Star Wars (Poe Dameron) starring as a split personality (maybe) guy who's half British wallflower and half American ass kicker who can turn into a superhero. The fam and I have enjoyed it thus far.
    I'm mixed so far on Moon Knight (who, BTW, was one of my faves as a kid). I'm glad they made it, but it seems very jumpy and weird. Maybe I don't remember the comic as it's been 40+ years, lol, but so far I think it's just OK.

Leave a comment:

• Bene Futuis
    replied
    Moon Knight is pretty weird and pretty good. It has that dude from Star Wars (Poe Dameron) starring as a split personality (maybe) guy who's half British wallflower and half American ass kicker who can turn into a superhero. The fam and I have enjoyed it thus far.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    I discovered yesterday that my son got a "trial" to Paramount + that he forgot about and we've been paying for it for the last 6 months, sigh. I cancelled it, but we still have 3 weeks left, so I've checked out:

Halo - not bad. They drop one per week, so not sure I'll get to see the entire thing.

The Last Stand -- this is from 2020, but it's pretty good.

I put The Mayor of Kingstown on my list, not sure I'll get to it.

I hope I'll finish them in time, but I can tell you this -- for $9.99 a month, it's definitely not worth it. There's nothing else on there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X