X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    I'll steal Overkill's format for the shows my family has watched over the last while:

Cobra Kai - 9 - Love this show, such an awesome trip down 80s memory lane.
    Agents of SHIELD - 7.5 - We are well behind on this one, just about done with season 3. It often operates at a 9 or 10 level but there are too many goofy bits, like something from The Flash or Arrow or one of those low budget shows.
    Better Call Saul - 10 - Almost caught all the way up now. This is one of the best shows I've ever watched, a la Breaking Bad. Started a little slow but there are a few all timer episodes.
    Ted Lasso - 9.5 - Just one of the best concepts for any show ever. Never thought I'd love a show that's essentially just about kindness so much. Who knew wholesome watching could be so great?
    Ozark - 8 - It's a good show but the constant tension wears thin after a while. I like it but I won't be that sad when it's over.
    The Book of Boba Fett - 7 - Some very good and some very bad mixed in. There are some characters (the mods? wtf????) that just suck, but it's a cool enough show.
    Squid Game - 8.5 - Very entertaining and definitely picked up pace as it headed toward the end. The last couple episodes were very satisfying. Will be on board for season 2, for sure.
    We have been binging Better Call Saul the last week, love it. We watched Friday Night Lights over the holidays, also very good. Cobra Kai was hard to get back into after a long break, but I think we are caught up on that.

Leave a comment:

• Bene Futuis
    replied
    I'll steal Overkill's format for the shows my family has watched over the last while:

Cobra Kai - 9 - Love this show, such an awesome trip down 80s memory lane.
    Agents of SHIELD - 7.5 - We are well behind on this one, just about done with season 3. It often operates at a 9 or 10 level but there are too many goofy bits, like something from The Flash or Arrow or one of those low budget shows.
    Better Call Saul - 10 - Almost caught all the way up now. This is one of the best shows I've ever watched, a la Breaking Bad. Started a little slow but there are a few all timer episodes.
    Ted Lasso - 9.5 - Just one of the best concepts for any show ever. Never thought I'd love a show that's essentially just about kindness so much. Who knew wholesome watching could be so great?
    Ozark - 8 - It's a good show but the constant tension wears thin after a while. I like it but I won't be that sad when it's over.
    The Book of Boba Fett - 7 - Some very good and some very bad mixed in. There are some characters (the mods? wtf????) that just suck, but it's a cool enough show.
    Squid Game - 8.5 - Very entertaining and definitely picked up pace as it headed toward the end. The last couple episodes were very satisfying. Will be on board for season 2, for sure.

Leave a comment:

• overkill94
    replied
    Wasn't aware of that but apparently it drops a week from today. I am Uhtred son of Uhtred!

Leave a comment:

• fuhrdog
    replied
    Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
    The Last Kingdom - 9
    Really like that show...I more season right?

Leave a comment:

• overkill94
    replied
    Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    How can you only give Justified an 8?! That is just wrong!

That said it is an interesting list and I appreciate you posting it. I am sure Mrs. Gregg and I will pilfer a few off of it.
    It started off as more of a 9 but the fact that Boyd kept getting away with shit with no repercussions rubbed me wrong towards the end. Overall an enjoyable show but not quite an all-timer for me.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
    I'm a bad junkie and haven't checked in much lately but binging shows has been an important part of getting through the pandemic and I even kept a list of all the shows so here's what I think of all of them:

Brooklyn 99 - 10
    Dead to Me - 8
    Ted Lasso - 9
    The Morning Show - 6
    Detroiters - 9
    The Leftovers - 8
    Ramy - 8
    Pen15 - 9
    Shrill - 7
    Flight Attendant - 8
    The Great - 8
    Search Party - 9
    Letterkenny - 10
    Brockmire - 9
    Dave - 9
    The Last Kingdom - 9
    Friday Night Lights - 10
    Justified - 8
    Hacks - 9
    Rutherford Falls - 8
    Cobra Kai - 9
    Mythic Quest - 9
    Only Murders in the Building - 9
    Reservation Dogs - 9
    Ash vs Evil Dead - 7
    Midnight Mass - 8
    Killing Eve - 8
    Billions - 9
    How can you only give Justified an 8?! That is just wrong!

That said it is an interesting list and I appreciate you posting it. I am sure Mrs. Gregg and I will pilfer a few off of it.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Interesting list.

- I'm watching Ted Lasso, but meh. It's not bad, it's just not that good either.
    - Cobra Kai started off great, but I dunno, this last season has kinda gone off the rails. Even my kids have given up on it.
    - Invasion on Apple TV was great.
    - Murderville on Netflix is hysterical. Will Arnett is awesome. The premise is a celebrity guest star shows up as themselves, a detective trainee, partnered with Arnett, and the show is almost entirely ad-libbed. The guest star has to figure out which of the other characters committed the murder. You should add it to your list.
    - Inventing Anna is kinda crazy

Leave a comment:

• overkill94
    replied
    I'm a bad junkie and haven't checked in much lately but binging shows has been an important part of getting through the pandemic and I even kept a list of all the shows so here's what I think of all of them:

Brooklyn 99 - 10
    Dead to Me - 8
    Ted Lasso - 9
    The Morning Show - 6
    Detroiters - 9
    The Leftovers - 8
    Ramy - 8
    Pen15 - 9
    Shrill - 7
    Flight Attendant - 8
    The Great - 8
    Search Party - 9
    Letterkenny - 10
    Brockmire - 9
    Dave - 9
    The Last Kingdom - 9
    Friday Night Lights - 10
    Justified - 8
    Hacks - 9
    Rutherford Falls - 8
    Cobra Kai - 9
    Mythic Quest - 9
    Only Murders in the Building - 9
    Reservation Dogs - 9
    Ash vs Evil Dead - 7
    Midnight Mass - 8
    Killing Eve - 8
    Billions - 9

Leave a comment:

• Teenwolf
    replied
    Anybody here watching Yellowjackets? My wife and I are really enjoying it with 1 episode left.

It's a big 90's nostalgia thing, with half the show present day, half in the 90's. Tons of great 90's music that I didn't realize could make me so sentimental, or so cognizant of how damn old I am. The present day actresses include Juliette Lewis, Melanie Lynskey, and Chrisyina Ricci, so there's 90's nostalgia in both halves of the show. It's a very intentional formula, but it's worked on me.

Leave a comment:

• GwynnInTheHall
    replied
    1883 is pretty damn good.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
    But instead, Bob's your uncle!
    Well mate I'd say we are a few sandwiches short of a picnic. I have no ideas what you are talking about here.

Leave a comment:

• Steve 2.0
    replied
    You'd be off your trolley if you dint turn on the bloody captions! That would be bonkers!
    But instead, Bob's your uncle!

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
    Can't help with the slang but we turn on the closed captioning to help with the accents (not on this show which I have not started) but any British show
    You'd be off your trolley if you dint turn on the bloody captions! That would be bonkers!

Leave a comment:

• Steve 2.0
    replied
    Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    I'm about 3 episodes in and am quite surprised that I like it quite a bit. It'll be interesting to see where it goes, but it looks like it'll be a good ride. Only caveat is that some of the Brit slang and accents can be tough to follow...at least for me.
    Can't help with the slang but we turn on the closed captioning to help with the accents (not on this show which I have not started) but any British show

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied
    He might like Luther as well. Not as in your face but very good.

I did a search of Luther and it would appear that it has been mentioned. I am not willing to go through 208 pages to find it.

I will say Luther is excellent and we are binging it now.
    Nice. it would fulfill my mother's likes of people speaking with accents too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X