Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ironfist
    replied
    Our Flag Means Death was a fun watch. Taika Waititi's pirate comedy about the "Gentleman Pirate" and his crew.

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    It's a great show that gets knocked down a notch by Adam McKay's terrible habit of breaking the fourth wall. Besides that, it's fantastic.

Others:

Inventing Anna on Netflix was so bizarre to be real. Julia Garner's accent is annoying but apparently true to form. It doesn't get fantastic reviews (6.9 on IMDB) but I liked it.

Super Pumped on Showtime is great so far, about the rise and fall of Travis Kalanick at Uber. Joseph Gordon Levitt is his usual phenomenal self.

WeCrashed on AppleTV is similar to Super Pumped, except this time with WeWork and Adam Neumann. One episode in and I'm hooked.

All Of Us Are Dead on Netflix is yet another zombie series, but it's really well made from South Korea.

Upload on Amazon Prime is pretty entertaining comedy so far, about a world where after you die your family can upload your soul into a virtual reality "heaven" where you can keep living on.
    agreed on Inventing Anna, didn't know what to make of it at first but rather enjoyed it.
    and we're in on Upload, quirky but well done

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    Not sure if anyone has posted this but Winning Time the rise of the Lakers Dynasty on HBO is the best show I’ve seen in a long time. It is not a documentary…it is a drama. Just awesome
    It's a great show that gets knocked down a notch by Adam McKay's terrible habit of breaking the fourth wall. Besides that, it's fantastic.

Others:

Inventing Anna on Netflix was so bizarre to be real. Julia Garner's accent is annoying but apparently true to form. It doesn't get fantastic reviews (6.9 on IMDB) but I liked it.

Super Pumped on Showtime is great so far, about the rise and fall of Travis Kalanick at Uber. Joseph Gordon Levitt is his usual phenomenal self.

WeCrashed on AppleTV is similar to Super Pumped, except this time with WeWork and Adam Neumann. One episode in and I'm hooked.

All Of Us Are Dead on Netflix is yet another zombie series, but it's really well made from South Korea.

Upload on Amazon Prime is pretty entertaining comedy so far, about a world where after you die your family can upload your soul into a virtual reality "heaven" where you can keep living on.

Leave a comment:

• Pauly
    replied
    Not sure if anyone has posted this but Winning Time the rise of the Lakers Dynasty on HBO is the best show I’ve seen in a long time. It is not a documentary…it is a drama. Just awesome

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Just started watching Ted Lasso (bought an Iphone, got 3 months free) It's freaking outstanding.

Late to the party....
    Indeed - it lives up to the hype

Leave a comment:

• GwynnInTheHall
    replied
    Just started watching Ted Lasso (bought an Iphone, got 3 months free) It's freaking outstanding.

Late to the party....

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied
    Somenew stuff coming in April.

Tokyo Vice — April 7 - HBOMax
    One of the benefits of the streaming era is that each service's desperation for new content has led them to lure big-name directors in with big paychecks and creative freedom. Tokyo Vice sees Heat director Michael Mann return to filming for the first time since Blackhat became a notorious flop in 2015. He returns to direct the first episode of a series about an American journalist (Ansel Elgort) who finds himself tangled up in the yakuza.

Outer Range — April 15 - Amazon
    Prime Video is getting into the Josh Brolin business for Outer Range, which stars the Thanos actor as a rancher investigating a (possibly supernatural) mystery in the wilderness of Wyoming.

We Own This City — April 25 - HBO
    If your CV includes creating The Wire, then every project you do from then onwards is probably worth watching. As such, David Simon's new HBO show is hotly anticipated— especially as he is returning to Baltimore to tell a new story about crime in the city.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
    The Kinks would be a good name for a band.
    For a minute you really got me there.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Winning Time on HBO started last night. It started a little rough IMO, with way too much talking directly to the viewer, which I hate. Hopefully that was just for intro purposes. It's filmed in a way to make it seem 1970s-ish, but sometimes goes a little overboard there. But once it got going, it was great.

Leave a comment:

• Steve 2.0
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Everyone has a kink I guess.
    The Kinks would be a good name for a band.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Who do you think I learned this stuff from?

A knee to the testicles followed immediately by a headbutt is almost an out of body experience.
    Everyone has a kink I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Try this out on the Mrs. and let us know the results. (I kid, I kid....sheesh)
    Who do you think I learned this stuff from?

A knee to the testicles followed immediately by a headbutt is almost an out of body experience.

Leave a comment:

• Steve 2.0
    replied
    Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I have wondered that as well. Near as I can tell first the Headbuttie is not expecting it so it hurts them more. Headbutter does feel pain but not as much. Plus it is tv or movies so it is about as real as getting shot and being ok in a minute or two. I have also read that if done properly the headbutter is supposed to aim at the more soft fleshy part of the headbuttie such as nose, eye socket. This hurts them more and the headbutter less.
    Try this out on the Mrs. and let us know the results. (I kid, I kid....sheesh)

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    The wife and I just finished Reacher. Really enjoyed it but isn't headbutting someone going to hurt your head too?
    I have wondered that as well. Near as I can tell first the Headbuttie is not expecting it so it hurts them more. Headbutter does feel pain but not as much. Plus it is tv or movies so it is about as real as getting shot and being ok in a minute or two. I have also read that if done properly the headbutter is supposed to aim at the more soft fleshy part of the headbuttie such as nose, eye socket. This hurts them more and the headbutter less.

Leave a comment:

• Steve 2.0
    replied
    The wife and I just finished Reacher. Really enjoyed it but isn't headbutting someone going to hurt your head too?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X