Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnnya24
    replied
    Just watched the first episode of Mr Robot.

Really impressed by the pilot. 9.3 on IMDB, and 97% on RT, and deserving of those numbers, assuming the rest of the series comes close to the quality of the pilot.

Leave a comment:

• frae
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    well it took til season three but she finally got nominated today in the best actress in a drama category.
    I actually like baseline Sarah the least.....but yea, about time

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    replied
    Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    Seconded! It's been a really great surprise. I much prefer British TV to American so I gave it a shot despite it's terrible name and I'm glad I did. Tatiana Maslany really should get Emmy consideration for her performance playing 4 vastly different characters who interact with one another in this show.
    well it took til season three but she finally got nominated today in the best actress in a drama category.

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    anyone watching the two new HBO comedies, The Brink & Ballers? The Brink is hysterical; Ballers has been decent enough to continue watching.
    I've been watching Ballers. Jack Black scared me off from watching The Brink.

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied

ha...

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    anyone watching the two new HBO comedies, The Brink & Ballers? The Brink is hysterical; Ballers has been decent enough to continue watching.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Really disappointed with True Detective 2 so far. As much as I like Rachel McAdams and her character, it's pretty much the only redeeming factor so far. The production values are still there, and yeah, they have tried hard to recapture the mood of the original series, but it's coming off as contrived and really rushed. It's like watching a first draft of an idea that's been rushed into production in order to capitalize on the success of season 1.

The Vince Vaughn character is so dull and unconvincing. Colin Farrell's role has promise, and I can see there McAdams-Farrell thing working ... but not with this draft.

Louisiana was the hidden star of True Detective 1, Los Angeles is a sad depressing replacement ... so far ... and given the sad depressing characters, the sad depressing dialogue, and sad depressing mood, and sad depressing cinematography ... no surprise that TD2 is, well, sad and depressing.

Maybe McAdams and Farrell can save it in the long run.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Dark Matter - if you see this show, and think, "hey, I'm a sci fi fan, reckon I'll give this new show a go". Don't. Really really bad. If a bunch of halfwit Hollywood producers got wasted on a massive pile of coke, decided they would try their hand at writing and directing (because, you know, coke) this is the sci fi show they would make.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    And Hannibal is cancelled. There will be no season 4.
    Will surely be picked up by Netflix or Amazon or something ... it's too good not to be.

The network was probably perplexed about making a show that people actually admired, and didn't know what to do ... so they cancelled it to avoid the confusion.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Originally posted by DMT View Post
    I liked the first season but it just got to be too ridiculous for me.
    And Hannibal is cancelled. There will be no season 4.

Leave a comment:

• swampdragon
    replied
    Originally posted by frae View Post
    I wanted to give a plug for The Jinx on HBO. I knew very little about the Robert Durst story before this and I think it has been very well done. Episode 5 of 6 is tonight, if you have anytime to check it out on HBO Go or on demand I would do it.
    watched all 6 this week - all 4 of my family members were totally absorbed with this one - WOW

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Hannibal is back.

Beautifully filmed, great acting, very disturbing.

I do not miss it when it is on break, but I do not miss it when it is back on.
    I liked the first season but it just got to be too ridiculous for me.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    Season 2 is a lot better (and not that Season 1 was bad!) The addition of Chris Diamantopolous was great. If any of you have seen Episodes -- and you all should -- his manic style is similar here.
    Good to hear. I've noticed it's been very high on the torrent charts.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    I enjoyed season 1, haven't caught up yet.
    Season 2 is a lot better (and not that Season 1 was bad!) The addition of Chris Diamantopolous was great. If any of you have seen Episodes -- and you all should -- his manic style is similar here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X