X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pauly
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    I'm finding the second season of Mr. Robot and the latest season of Orange is the New Black difficult to get through. That 1980s sitcom episode of Mr Robot was extremely bizarre.
    I agree...everyone raves about Mr Robot and I loved the first season, but I am about 4 episodes into season 2 and it is just really dull to me and very difficult to plow through any of the episodes to this point - they all just seem like the ravings and inside the messed up head of a lunatic. I was considering jumping ship and just deleting the ones still on my DVR...does it get any better?

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Got bored with that at the start of last season ... nothing negative about the show, just got bored of the premise.
    Well, the premise changed entirely, going from a scared yuppie girl in fear of going to prison to one who is completely at home in jail. It's become kind of like Oz without all the fun stuff.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Originally posted by DMT View Post
    OITNB was unwatchable this season, didn't get thru 2nd episode.
    Got bored with that at the start of last season ... nothing negative about the show, just got bored of the premise.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    I'm finding the second season of Mr. Robot and the latest season of Orange is the New Black difficult to get through. That 1980s sitcom episode of Mr Robot was extremely bizarre.
    OITNB was unwatchable this season, didn't get thru 2nd episode.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Wandered into Halt and Catch Fire (AMC) ... about the 80's tech industry boom. I recommend. It's far from perfect, the first series was a bit rushed and lacked some exposition and detail, but the cast is great ... and it gets better with each series (currently on series 3).

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    Shows I've watched recently that I've enjoyed

Mr Robot
    Black Sails
    Hannibal

I'm very much looking forward to Luke Cage, Westworld and the 3rd season of Black Mirror. Trying to decide if I should jump back on Ash vs the Evil Dead

Leave a comment:

• GwynnInTheHall
    replied
    Two episodes in and Luke Cage is very good.

I'm really enjoying Designated Survivor and Kevin Can Wait as well, which is rare for network shows these days!
    Just finished Luke Cage--I like how Netflix rolls out and entire season--but it feeds my binge propensities. Watching Designated Survivor, This is Us, Blacklist and Agents of Shield. Planning on looking into WestWorld, The Pitch, Atlanta and Timeless.

FWIW I watched Start Up on Crackle, the first season was pretty good, looking forward to see where it goes from here.

Leave a comment:

• ironfist
    replied
    The Good Place has been pretty fun so far as well.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Two episodes in and Luke Cage is very good.

I'm really enjoying Designated Survivor and Kevin Can Wait as well, which is rare for network shows these days!

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    The Night Of started off really good and was very well made, but I thought the payoff pitch was way outside. Very unsatisfying and poorly written ending, IMO.

For instance, how on earth:
    Spoiler!
    Yeah I agree ... the second half didn't live up to the standards set in the first half. But I actually really liked the ending. Overall it lacked the real attention to detail, perhaps because it was meant as a mini series and adapted from a UK TV show (which won't have the same high standards as the current generation of cable shows on US TV ... UK TV Drama sucks). But the acting and characterizations carried it.

Spoiler!

Leave a comment:

• overkill94
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucky View Post
    We binged watched Stranger Things in two nights, loved it.

We just started Game of Thrones, made it through the first three episodes. I don't guess we've gotten to the really funny part yet.

Some was interesting..."Whither thou screwest thy sister...." This Sean Bean guy must work more than Sam Jackson and Morgan Freeman put together. The alternate title could be Boobs and Beheadings.
    The boobs and beheadings quotient goes steadily down as the seasons go on - not even sure we reached double-digit boobs last season.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    The Night Of started off really good and was very well made, but I thought the payoff pitch was way outside. Very unsatisfying and poorly written ending, IMO.

For instance, how on earth:
    Spoiler!

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    replied
    I know I'm late to the party but we've been binging on Homeland over the last month. Almost finished season 4. After season 3 ended I wasn't sure how the show would adapt but this has been a really excellent season.

Leave a comment:

• Lucky
    Guest replied
    We binged watched Stranger Things in two nights, loved it.

We just started Game of Thrones, made it through the first three episodes. I don't guess we've gotten to the really funny part yet.

Some was interesting..."Whither thou screwest thy sister...." This Sean Bean guy must work more than Sam Jackson and Morgan Freeman put together. The alternate title could be Boobs and Beheadings.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X