• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnnya24
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    Narcos drops tomorrow!!!
    The Night Of finishes, season 2 of Mr Robot is coming to a climax ... and just in time ... Narcos!

Nice. Tempted to binge season 1 again over the weekend, then jump into season 2 (or is it the final season / part?).

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
    Loved Stranger Things. All the young kids were fantastic in it. I think it's the only tv series I've ever made it through that wasn't a comedy or documentary (grouping Dirty Jobs & Myth Busters with documentaries).
    Agreed, it was awesome. And it was renewed for season 2 the other day.

Narcos drops tomorrow!!!

And I just watched two episodes of the Hulu series "11.22.63" which is an adaptation of the Stephen King book. Fantastic so far.

Leave a comment:

• mjl
    replied
    Netflix original content is killing it. I've only watched one episode of The Get Down but it was fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Season 2 inevitable, but they better hurry up!

Leave a comment:

• Controller Jacobs
    replied
    Loved Stranger Things. All the young kids were fantastic in it. I think it's the only tv series I've ever made it through that wasn't a comedy or documentary (grouping Dirty Jobs & Myth Busters with documentaries).

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    From CNN:

The conviction of Brendan Dassey, a Wisconsin man who appeared in the documentary "Making a Murderer," has been overturned by a federal judge in Milwaukee, according to court documents obtained by CNN. Dassey was convicted in 2005 in the murder of photographer Teresa Halbach. Prosecutors have 90 days to bring Dassey, now 26, to trial again or he will be released. His uncle, Steven Avery, featured in "Making a Murderer," is in a Wisconsin prison also serving time for Halbach's murder.

Developing story - more to come

Leave a comment:

• Erik
    replied
    Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    Stranger Things on Netflix is worth watching after two episodes in for me, my 15 year old son is really enjoying it as well
    My cousin, a serious TV junkie, just recommended this to me. Will have to check it out.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    I've never heard of The Night Of, what's that
    HBO crime drama miniseries starring John Turturro's feet.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    New HBO show, all my friends raving about it too.

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    The Night Of is simply amazing. Only 4 episodes in, but already among the best things I've seen.

I enjoyed Stranger Things, but didn't think it was as good as people are hyping it to be. Felt parts could have been executed a lot better. Loved the 80's vibe, but the "bad guys" were characterless and featureless, they kinda rolled in, did bad guy stuff, then disappeared ... and the alternative reality was never properly conceived IMO. That said, all the main cast did a great job, especially the police chief.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    The Night Of is simply amazing. Only 4 episodes in, but already among the best things I've seen.

I enjoyed Stranger Things, but didn't think it was as good as people are hyping it to be. Felt parts could have been executed a lot better. Loved the 80's vibe, but the "bad guys" were characterless and featureless, they kinda rolled in, did bad guy stuff, then disappeared ... and the alternative reality was never properly conceived IMO. That said, all the main cast did a great job, especially the police chief.
    Last edited by johnnya24; 08-03-2016, 08:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    "Any Given Wednesday with Bill Simmons" -- not exceelent.

Leave a comment:

• BuckyBuckner
    replied
    just finished it, "totally awesome", especially as an 80's homage......
    I watched the first two episodes as well and really like. I need to finish it, just haven't had the chance. All of my friends love it.

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    Stranger Things on Netflix is worth watching after two episodes in for me, my 15 year old son is really enjoying it as well
    just finished it, "totally awesome", especially as an 80's homage......

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X