X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mithrandir
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Just binge watched the first 6 episodes of Vinyl ... brilliant.
    3 of my friends have watched this and all have not really cared for it.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    Maybe these are strong words, but Vinyl is the best show on TV right now. And it's a very strong field!
    Just binge watched the first 6 episodes of Vinyl ... brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    I don't know if I mentioned this already, but I highly recommend The Expanse (SciFy) ... especially if you like hard serious sci fi (not to be confused with Halle Berry's The Extant). The cast is terrific, and they actually overcome all of the shortcomings of the novels - all the ropy dialogue is gone. It's in the same League as Battlestar Galactica IMO ... though only time will tell if it stays there.

I binged through all 10 episodes in 2 evenings.

Big
    yep, the Expanse is great

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    I don't know if I mentioned this already, but I highly recommend The Expanse (SciFy) ... especially if you like hard serious sci fi (not to be confused with Halle Berry's The Extant). The cast is terrific, and they actually overcome all of the shortcomings of the novels - all the ropy dialogue is gone. It's in the same League as Battlestar Galactica IMO ... though only time will tell if it stays there.

I binged through all 10 episodes in 2 evenings.

Big

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Also, Trapped has been a pretty big hit on BBC4 (the BBC's art channel). It's an Icelandic Nordic Noir style mystery. I'll probably have to find time for this also. Fargo meets The Killing ... sounds pretty damn good to me.

Trapped

#TooManyShows

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Strong rumours that Tom Hiddleston (Night Manager) will be the next James Bond.

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    TV Geeks has the Night Manager right now, I caught an ep of Vinyl on the road, looked good to me......I'd love to watch Billions, just off the podcast "The Moment' from Brian Koppleman (the guy that wrote and directed Rounders)

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    I'm watching The Night Manager and HoC right now ... But this is next on my list.
    The Night Manager starts here next month.

Billions has also been awesome.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Maybe these are strong words, but Vinyl is the best show on TV right now. And it's a very strong field!
    I'm watching The Night Manager and HoC right now ... But this is next on my list.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Anyone see the Vinyl premiere episode on HBO? Wow! If there's anyone who would love it, it's this crew. About a record label owner in 1973 NYC, they've mixed these fake characters with the real music scene and in the first half of the first episode, have interacted with the New York Dolls, Led Zep, and name-dropped many others. Bobby Cannavale, Olivia Wilde, Ray Romano, Andrew Dice Clay.....I'm hooked.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    Didn't plan on it but we watched the first episode from the new season of House of Cards last night. As with other seasons it's slow to get going, but next thing we knew it was after midnight and we got through 5 episodes.
    Yea, I powered thru 1st five in one sitting as well.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Didn't plan on it but we watched the first episode from the new season of House of Cards last night. As with other seasons it's slow to get going, but next thing we knew it was after midnight and we got through 5 episodes.
    I only watched the first ... but it's shaping up nicely.

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    We're up to episode 7 (actually started watching it on the plane back from SF). Interesting in that we do the opposite of binge watch this show ... for some reason we watch one episode, then wait a couple of weeks before watching the next. Not sure why.

Another almost-good show that started up again last week is Blindspot. I want to like it more than I do, but it's still worth a watch.
    my united flight to Orlando is where I watched the first 4, just watched #5 last night off of TVgeeks.com. My wife and I also watched "The Night Manager", or at least 2 episodes of it, worth watching as well

Leave a comment:

Working...
X