X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cardboardbox
    replied
    Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
    No, CB you missed the part were I said, I didn't fall asleep because of the show, I'm just tired!
    I've never been tired enough to fall asleep during a good tv show so I dont believe you.

Leave a comment:

• Sour Masher
    replied
    Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
    I am a big fan of Forged in Fire.

It will cut! It will Keell!!
    I love that show. Started watching it a few months ago, and I've now seen them all, more than once. It is just like Chopped (by design), but way more awesome. I like it so much, I looked up some of the competitors, to see if I could afford their wares (most make a living making kitchen knives). I can't justify spending $400+ on a chef's knife, as I am not a hardcore cook, but man, are they beautiful--just amazing Damascus patterns from Maureko Maumasi: https://www.maumasifirearts.com/

Also, Doug Marcaida is not a guy you want to run into in a dark ally. He is a baad man. He has tons of Yountube videos--fun to watch some.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-27-2017, 05:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by baldgriff View Post

Yeah, I kinda like this show too and when I see it's on I usually get sucked in.

Leave a comment:

• baldgriff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bernie Brewer
    replied
    Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
    jeez, the life altering great season that all the critics praise is still boring enough to fall asleep to? I find myself reading crap on my ipad during season 1 and i keep having to ask my wife what those idiots in white wrote since I wasnt looking.
    No, CB you missed the part were I said, I didn't fall asleep because of the show, I'm just tired!

I finished it over the weekend and was kind of pleased with the conclusion. Since its only, like, 28 episodes, its worth watching until the end. It ended where it should have, though as I was probably losing interest at the end of season two. Glad I stuck with it. It wrapped pretty much everything up fairly well.

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    replied
    Finished off season one of The Handmaid's Tale yesterday. Dark, dark stuff.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    GLOW on Netflix has been great.

I think Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt has jumped the shark.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Reserving judgement on American Gods and Twin Peaks. I'm really tired when watching TV lately, and these aren't shows that suit casual nap-watching.

Leave a comment:

• Hodor
    replied
    Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    American Gods is a great show
    I freaking love it.

Now if Game of Thrones would get going already.....

Leave a comment:

• cardboardbox
    replied
    Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
    I just started watching the fifth episode of season 3 last night, but fell asleep during it.
    jeez, the life altering great season that all the critics praise is still boring enough to fall asleep to? I find myself reading crap on my ipad during season 1 and i keep having to ask my wife what those idiots in white wrote since I wasnt looking.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Better Call Saul was excellent ... again. And while Fargo 3 isn't as good as 1 & 2, that's hardly a fair criticism ... still been stellar. Gonna wait a binge the last 4 episodes of Fargo.

Also been watching Brooklyn 99 for funsies ... noice.

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    American Gods is a great show

Leave a comment:

• Bernie Brewer
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Just finished Season 1 of the Leftovers. I was hooked come the end of the season. Then that theme song to season 2 ... damn that worked well.

But, that song is actually pretty perfect for season two!

I've been binge watching the Leftovers on and off for the last week. I originally started recording season 1 when it was first broadcast, but my DirecTV DVR broke down somewhere along the way and I lost of bunch of recorded shows, the last three episodes of season one of the Leftovers included. So I never saw those and I kind of forgot about the show until last week. Its not a "great" show, but its a good show. I seem to be drawn to the post-apocalyptic types shows. I just started watching the fifth episode of season 3 last night, but fell asleep during it. That's not a reflection on the show, just tired. Hopefully there is a resolution to all the moving parts. The bicycle/pigeon scene with Nora was weird!

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Just finished Season 1 of the Leftovers. I was hooked come the end of the season. Then that theme song to season 2 ... damn that worked well.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
    I watched the first 4 eps of The Leftovers and its really not grabbing me. I realize people think season 3 is great and thats a reason to push through but I dont know if I can keep going. Its a nearly plotless waste of time so far. Does season 1 get better? Is the whole series kind of plotless?
    It gets better IMO.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X