X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Anyone watching the new Curb Your Enthusiasm season? I don't have any way of watching it, but have watched the first two episodes at my daughters house.

First episode was just ok. I loved the second episode.
    It's been good, not great. I thought the first episode was the best ("You got foisted!")

Leave a comment:

• Mithrandir
    replied
    Anyone watching the new Curb Your Enthusiasm season? I don't have any way of watching it, but have watched the first two episodes at my daughters house.

First episode was just ok. I loved the second episode.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    I quit when the blond girl they developed for 3/4 seasons got killed off for no apparent reason ... other than to kill off a character.
    My wife and I quit after they killed off Glen. Not because they killed him off, but because it was so brutal and graphic.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    I started the current season of Mr. Robot this week ... if you're sitting on the fence it's worth checking out, if no other reason than an awesome 2 minute rant in the middle.
    I liked Season 1, but I just could not get through Season 2. I started recording Season 3, but decided I’d probably never be able to bring myself to start watching it, so I just deleted them all.

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    replied
    I started the current season of Mr. Robot this week ... if you're sitting on the fence it's worth checking out, if no other reason than an awesome 2 minute rant in the middle.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Originally posted by DMT View Post
    What the hell happened to The Walking Dead ? It's barely watchable anymore.
    I quit when the blond girl they developed for 3/4 seasons got killed off for no apparent reason ... other than to kill off a character.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    What the hell happened to The Walking Dead ? It's barely watchable anymore.

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied
    Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
    It's $6 a month, which is not inconsequential. But you can stream all CBS shows. I get to catch up on the late night stuff which I otherwise would not be able to see. There are a couple of regular network shows I like. Plus there are some classic shows available which are fun to check out every once in a while.

One feature is that you can watch every Star Trek show ever broadcast: Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, and Star Trek: Enterprise. That probably doesn't appeal to most, but sometimes there just isn't anything on. Or sometimes I just need to see "The Inner Light".
    yeah, it's probably not going to make a difference in my life... just annoyed to be paying (and I'm not, RJEL Girl pays for almost all of them) for NetFlix, Amazon Prime and Hulu already on top of Cable... one more just seems like too much...

Leave a comment:

• Redbirds Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    Is there any reason besides ST to pay CBS money?
    It's $6 a month, which is not inconsequential. But you can stream all CBS shows. I get to catch up on the late night stuff which I otherwise would not be able to see. There are a couple of regular network shows I like. Plus there are some classic shows available which are fun to check out every once in a while.

One feature is that you can watch every Star Trek show ever broadcast: Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, and Star Trek: Enterprise. That probably doesn't appeal to most, but sometimes there just isn't anything on. Or sometimes I just need to see "The Inner Light".

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied
    Just burned through the remainder of the Star Trek: Discovery episodes, up through October 29th (S1,E7). They seemed to get better as they went, a vast improvement over the first couple of shows, with the weaker characters taking a back seat and some stronger new characters emerging. I'm up to a definite recommend.

Also went through Mindhunter. (The office shut down for a couple of days due to data issues and a legal holiday in Germany, believe it or not.) Another definite recommend.
    Is there any reason besides ST : D to pay CBS money?
    Last edited by heyelander; 11-01-2017, 05:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Redbirds Fan
    replied
    that's funny, we just watched the 1st ep of Star Trek last night - liked it well enough to see ep 2 ...
    Just burned through the remainder of the Star Trek: Discovery episodes, up through October 29th (S1,E7). They seemed to get better as they went, a vast improvement over the first couple of shows, with the weaker characters taking a back seat and some stronger new characters emerging. I'm up to a definite recommend.

Also went through Mindhunter. (The office shut down for a couple of days due to data issues and a legal holiday in Germany, believe it or not.) Another definite recommend.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    that's funny, we just watched the 1st ep of Star Trek last night - liked it well enough to see ep 2 ...
    Never made it to the end of Ep1 ... though wasn't really expecting much, so can't say I'm disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    replied
    Binge watched Season 2 of Stranger Things on Saturday. Enjoyed it.

Started watching Mindhunter. Like it so far.

Watching 'Chance' on Netflix. Pretty good.

Star Trek: Discovery isn't bad if you really like the franchise and are jonesing. Check and check. Plus, the lead role is the badass sniper from The Walking Dead.

Leave a comment:

• Redbirds Fan
    replied
    Binge watched Season 2 of Stranger Things on Saturday. Enjoyed it.

Started watching Mindhunter. Like it so far.

Watching 'Chance' on Netflix. Pretty good.

Star Trek: Discovery isn't bad if you really like the franchise and are jonesing. Check and check. Plus, the lead role is the badass sniper from The Walking Dead.

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Two Netflix shows worth mentioning both have hunter in the title. I just started watching Mindhunter, and while I don't claim it is world-changing stuff, the performance by the actor playing Ed Kempur was really top notch. Good series so far.

Another Netflix original I really enjoyed was Trollhunters. Looking forward to season two; I'm not sure how the show will manage beyond that though. Yelchin was so perfect in the role as lead voice actor.
    I enjoyed Mindhunters, but then again, I've always had a thing for serial killers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X