• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TranaGreg
    replied
    Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Chernobyl is incredible.
    yeah, we finished it off last week; not the kind of show I'd binge, more of a one-episode-at-a-time show, but that's me.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Chernobyl is incredible.

Leave a comment:

• Steve 2.0
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    With season 2 finally dropping in a couple of weeks, if you haven't watched Mindhunter on Netflix, now is the time to do so. It's based on the true accounts of two FBI agents in 1977 who basically become the first profilers of serial killers. The cases they work on are all true accounts and involve some of the worst serial killers of the day (BTK killer, Richard Speck, Ed Kemper among others). Season 2 follows with the Atlanta serial killings by Wayne Williams in 1979 and includes Charles Manson and the Son of Sam.
    Implying out there somewhere are the best serial killers?

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    With season 2 finally dropping in a couple of weeks, if you haven't watched Mindhunter on Netflix, now is the time to do so. It's based on the true accounts of two FBI agents in 1977 who basically become the first profilers of serial killers. The cases they work on are all true accounts and involve some of the worst serial killers of the day (BTK killer, Richard Speck, Ed Kemper among others). Season 2 follows with the Atlanta serial killings by Wayne Williams in 1979 and includes Charles Manson and the Son of Sam.

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    I wanted to look up what Black Noir's powers were so I googled it last night and hit on some MAJOR spoilers from the comic. I wouldn't do it if you don't want, maybe the next 2 seasons ruined for you.

That said, I hope they deviate from the comic a good bit, and think they have to. Maybe not in this major story arc way, but I was reading powers for a lot of the "supes" and there are constant references to this person raping that person and what not. I feel like the show has been appropriately rapey (to put a point on how power corrupts), but cripes, what's with comics and oversexualization. Is that the only way to make things "edgy"?
    I've held off consuming the comics, but plan too after ripping through season 1

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied
    Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    I'm 3 episodes into "The Boys" as well, and enjoying it.
    I wanted to look up what Black Noir's powers were so I googled it last night and hit on some MAJOR spoilers from the comic. I wouldn't do it if you don't want, maybe the next 2 seasons ruined for you.

That said, I hope they deviate from the comic a good bit, and think they have to. Maybe not in this major story arc way, but I was reading powers for a lot of the "supes" and there are constant references to this person raping that person and what not. I feel like the show has been appropriately rapey (to put a point on how power corrupts), but cripes, what's with comics and oversexualization. Is that the only way to make things "edgy"?

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    I was disappointed with season 2. I hated the overuse of powers for a nosebleed shtick... but it's been too long to remember other critiques. Very possible my high expectations hurt my final evaluation, since I loved the first season as much as everyone else.
    I didn't like the last episode at all. Turned into old timey Disney complete with song. Ended flat and meh. Had some very good potential but struck out.

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    Of the new season, Striking Vipers was great, but the Miley Cyrus one was very mediocre. Of all the Black Mirror episodes I've seen, that was the worst one by far.
    I liked Miley better than Pigfucking, but I've got a 16 year old daughter, so it hit closer to home.

I'm 3 episodes into "The Boys" as well, and enjoying it. Just finished season 2 of my "Deadwood" rewatch and I really need to finish up "The Americans"

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    I just watched the 3 new Black Mirror episodes, Black Mirror is 100% worth watching
    Of the new season, Striking Vipers was great, but the Miley Cyrus one was very mediocre. Of all the Black Mirror episodes I've seen, that was the worst one by far.

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied
    I just watched the 3 new Black Mirror episodes, Black Mirror is 100% worth watching
    I started watching it again a couple of weeks ago. Really good stuff, but I can't get RJEL girl to watch any more of it after the first episode. I think if I was going to try to talk anyone into watching it, I'd suggest they skip that one.
    Last edited by heyelander; 07-29-2019, 05:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied
    Anyone watching "The Boys" on Amazon Prime? It’s about a world where corrupt, asshole superheroes are exploited for corporate gain. Damn good first episode.
    3 episodes watched Saturday night, 5 last night ....

I like short series, but I wish this one would have gone a few more episodes this season. I'm not sure what I think of it. I think I think it was really good, it's had an ongoing emotional impact, although I think the impact is a bit of despair. I'm not sure I could say I enjoyed it but I really want to see where it goes.

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Teenwolf
    replied
    Anyone watching "The Boys" on Amazon Prime? It’s about a world where corrupt, asshole superheroes are exploited for corporate gain. Damn good first episode.
    Based on the comic book series written by Garth Ennis (Preacher). The series ran 72 issues and was well loved. Despite some superhero fatigue, I look forward to checking this one out.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Another great season of Stranger Things.
    Just finished it last night. Agreed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X