Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregg
    replied
    Just watched the Season 1 Episode 1 of Country Music A Film by Ken Burns.

Fantastic! Just Fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• schlesinj
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    Episode 2, with the Son of Sam, was great. I even learned something new about the case, that he made up all that shit about talking dogs and stuff because of The Exorcist.
    If you listened to the Monster poscast about the Atlanta Child Murders they were very accurate to how it happened on the show.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
    One of my favorite shows.
    Episode 2, with the Son of Sam, was great. I even learned something new about the case, that he made up all that shit about talking dogs and stuff because of The Exorcist.

Leave a comment:

• schlesinj
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    With season 2 finally dropping in a couple of weeks, if you haven't watched Mindhunter on Netflix, now is the time to do so. It's based on the true accounts of two FBI agents in 1977 who basically become the first profilers of serial killers. The cases they work on are all true accounts and involve some of the worst serial killers of the day (BTK killer, Richard Speck, Ed Kemper among others). Season 2 follows with the Atlanta serial killings by Wayne Williams in 1979 and includes Charles Manson and the Son of Sam.
    One of my favorite shows.

Leave a comment:

• schlesinj
    replied
    Cobra Kia season 1 is free on youtube (short ads) and season 2 will be free starting 9/11weekly. I binged season 1 last weekend and surprisingly good.

Being a kid from the 80s and seeing Karate Kid hundreds of times it works.

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied
    Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    never heard of it, what is it about?
    not entirely sure. German show. Sci-fi, time travel, missing kid .... I may have to just watch and find out.

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    Speaking of dark .... Has anyone watched Dark on netflix? I was reading really good things about it on reddit lately, but reddit certainly skews young and angsty.
    never heard of it, what is it about?

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied
    Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
    Fleabag is really funny and a bit uncomfortably dark too.
    Speaking of dark .... Has anyone watched Dark on netflix? I was reading really good things about it on reddit lately, but reddit certainly skews young and angsty.

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    replied
    we started it ... it just felt a bit too forced. maybe we'll go back to it.

Leave a comment:

• swampdragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    I'm flying to Australia on Friday, planning on bingeing it then

While RJ may not be the right demographic for this, I've very much enjoyed "Fleabag", written, directed and acted by Phoebe Waller-Bridge

Leave a comment:

• Judge Jude
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
    Implying out there somewhere are the best serial killers?
    the best ones don't get caught

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Chernobyl is incredible.
    I'm flying to Australia on Friday, planning on bingeing it then

While RJ may not be the right demographic for this, I've very much enjoyed "Fleabag", written, directed and acted by Phoebe Waller-Bridge

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    and you are old enough to remember - my young adult son says it shouldnt be missed - i will check it out.

I have been watching Last Chance U - I find it great to watch and somewhat depressing (but eye opening) in the long run.
    It happened the day before I turned 10 so while I do remember it happening, I had not remembered any of the details.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    yeah, we finished it off last week; not the kind of show I'd binge, more of a one-episode-at-a-time show, but that's me.
    I binged 1-4 but it got too late to finish in one session.

Leave a comment:

• swampdragon
    replied
    Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Chernobyl is incredible.
    and you are old enough to remember - my young adult son says it shouldnt be missed - i will check it out.

I have been watching Last Chance U - I find it great to watch and somewhat depressing (but eye opening) in the long run.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X