X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMT
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Anyone else watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine? Love that show.
    one of my buddies keeps recommending it, I'll have to check it out.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    On Ep 4 of AC right now, enjoying it but yea not the tightest script.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Anyone else watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine? Love that show.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    just finished it, yeah, lots to like; there were some things that I thought were a bit sloppy with the script but it's visually amazing, plus the plot twists kept things interesting. And oh yeah, I couldn't stop staring at Martha Higareda.
    Yeah, it wasn't perfect, but it managed to suck me in and I was hooked by about episode 3 or 4. It as pretty unrelenting, and judging by some interviews from the author, i'm not surprised. Due to the cost of production, there are rumours there won't be a sequel, and even if there is, Joel Kinnaman will not be in it (as per the books). I hope there is though.

I'm not sure if this 1980's dystonia, which is based on Victorian notions of opulence is really still valid in the post-digital, post-globalised world. Things have changed. But it was interesting none the less.

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    I'm almost done with Altered Carbon, just one episode left, the book is well worth reading

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Thought that Altered Carbon was very good.
    just finished it, yeah, lots to like; there were some things that I thought were a bit sloppy with the script but it's visually amazing, plus the plot twists kept things interesting. And oh yeah, I couldn't stop staring at Martha Higareda.

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    finally finished season 3 of Hannibal, frakking awesome series, Mads Mikkelson is a pitch-perfect Hannibal Lector, better than Anthony Hopkins.....

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    replied
    in case anyone wants to check out a well done but obscure Canadian series, season two of Mary Kills People is underway.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Anyone watching Waco? Extremely well done.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Thought that Altered Carbon was very good.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    The second season of American Crime Story started last night -- "The Assassination of Gianni Versace." Awesome start. This series is so well done and cast.

And FYI, "The Alienist" starts next week on TNT, based on the great 1994 novel by Caleb Carr.

Leave a comment:

• Mithrandir
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    Leon's the best part of the series.
    No doubt. He stole that show.

Although the Funk man is great too.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    And Leon as Larry's assistant was excellent.
    Leon's the best part of the series.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Some Netflix thoughts:

Thought Mindhunter was top notch, and well worth the effort. Plus Anna Torv.

The Sinner ... has to be a mini series right? Unless they make a recurring series from the Bill Pullman character ... which I wouldn't recommend. Jessica Biel is the stand out. Saying that, I thought it was darn good thriller. If it had've been a movie (which maybe it should have been) it would have made a decent thriller.

A couple of episodes into Godless, and I'm pretty impressed so far. Jeff Daniels is superb.

Leave a comment:

• Mithrandir
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    It's been good, not great. I thought the first episode was the best ("You got foisted!")
    And Leon as Larry's assistant was excellent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X