Clear All

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    "I'm going to steal your girlfriend Woody....."

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    I have been re-watching Cheers. Forgot how damn funny that show was. I enjoy the years with Kirstie Alley more than Shelley Long, but up through year 8 there's barely a weak episode among the bunch.
    One of the greatest sitcom casts ever combined with great writing. I plan to re-watch it myself soon.

Leave a comment:

• Mithrandir
    replied
    I have been re-watching Cheers. Forgot how damn funny that show was. I enjoy the years with Kirstie Alley more than Shelley Long, but up through year 8 there's barely a weak episode among the bunch.

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    replied
    Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
    Question for our Canadian junkies
    We have been enjoying the uneven weirdness of Schitts Creek and have a question.
    I the us when one of the stars talks about the show he can't mention it by name but on the Netflix version they swear and say fuck even.
    Is this acceptable on regular Canadian tv or how does it work?
    if you're asking do we allow swearing on canadian tv, fuck no.

TBH it's been a long time since I watched regular tv but I'm pretty sure that during prime time it would get bleeped ... but I'm not sure.

I was surprised to see Schitts Creek advertised on a huge billboard in hollywood when we were there in Jan. I didn't think it had international appeal ... but I guess I was wrong!

Leave a comment:

• swampdragon
    replied
    Question for our Canadian junkies
    We have been enjoying the uneven weirdness of Schitts Creek and have a question.
    I the us when one of the stars talks about the show he can't mention it by name but on the Netflix version they swear and say fuck even.
    Is this acceptable on regular Canadian tv or how does it work?
    Last edited by swampdragon; 03-02-2019, 10:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    I downloaded it from a source I haven't used in a lonnnnnng time. It was German UK joint production, but I'm sure it'll find it's way to the usual outlets soon enough if you don't want to go there.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    I should add, the Das Boot reboot is not a remake, it's set after the allies had cracked the Enigma code, but before the Germans had any clue.
    Where is this available?

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    I should add, the Das Boot reboot is not a remake, it's set after the allies had cracked the Enigma code, but before the Germans had any clue.

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    A Das Boot reboot mini-series has been made, and it's getting very good reviews. Downloading as I type.

If you haven't seen the original 1981 film, it's absolutely spellbinding.
    I highly recommend the 209 minute version

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    A Das Boot reboot mini-series has been made, and it's getting very good reviews. Downloading as I type.

If you haven't seen the original 1981 film, it's absolutely spellbinding.

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    I thought Russian Doll was too slow. Maisel is very good. However, if Shalhoub is so great, why is Monk unwatchable?

I would have loved Luke Cage, Daredevil, Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, etc. as a teen. Now, not so much. JJ was better but the second season bogged down on the backstory. Iron Fist never worked. Defenders lacks a decent villan. Gotham is the best of the bunch unless you are a Punisher fan.

J

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Binge watched Russian Doll last weekend and I really enjoyed it. Although if you didn't like groundhog day, avoid.

Leave a comment:

• swampdragon
    replied
    Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
    Anyone watching The Kominsky Method? Funny and oddly moving, as well. Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin are great. Can't believe Arkin is 84! And, as an aside, I had no idea that Kirk Douglas is still alive. 102!
    THis is very, very good. It has a really good touch to it - and Mrs Maisel was pretty good too.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    I started watching Jessica Jones 2, but I was so bored after 3 episodes that it almost felt like I was watching out of obligation instead of enjoyment. That's usually the tell-tale sign for me to give up on a show.
    Definitely nowhere near S1. But then again, that was a pretty high bar. Seems to be a recurrent thing with comic book stuff, as the origin story is usually the most interesting thing ... and of course, the S1 villain was next level.

Leave a comment:

• TS Garp
    replied
    Anyone watching The Kominsky Method? Funny and oddly moving, as well. Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin are great. Can't believe Arkin is 84! And, as an aside, I had no idea that Kirk Douglas is still alive. 102!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X