Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• revo
    replied
    Showtime announced that Dexter will return next year as a 10-episode limited series.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Mrs. Gregg and I just finished our 3rd season of Chicago PD. We are really enjoying it. It seems to have gotten stronger as time as went on.

One of the things that we get a kick out of is seeing addresses and landmarks that we know or have experience with.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    just finished watching The Knick over the past few weeks ... Should have gotten more attention, really well done, Clive Oven is awesome.
    Agreed, that was great, shame it was cancelled. But apparently it's returning!

Per Wiki: In September 2020, Soderbergh confirmed that a new season of The Knick is in development led by Barry Jenkins and André Holland, who would return as his character Dr. Algernon C. Edwards, and that original creators Jack Amiel and Michael Begler have written a pilot episode.[5]

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    replied
    just finished watching The Knick over the past few weeks ... Should have gotten more attention, really well done, Clive Oven is awesome.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Binge watched Russian Doll last weekend and I really enjoyed it. Although if you didn't like groundhog day, avoid.
    Started watching it, the first couple episodes were like Groundhog Day meets Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but now this other guy is involved, so hopefully it keeps its momentum.

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied
    Archer's back!

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Mad Men is my favorite TV show. Is it in the conversation for the "greatest"? I think it should be.
    I'd definitely include it in my Top 20 of all time, but not near the top. Its attention to historical detail was mind boggling, and you could literally pinpoint the exact date of the episode from some of the minutiae. There was one episode that had a smog outburst in NYC during Thanksgiving 1966; and one episode where they were reading a newspaper and read out loud the obit of an obscure Red Sox player (Pete Fox, July 5, 1966).

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Mad Men is my favorite TV show. Is it in the conversation for the "greatest"? I think it should be.
    I have it #4 all-time behind The Wire, Breaking Bad, and Game of Thrones.

Leave a comment:

• Mithrandir
    replied

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Cobra Kai is cheesy yet enjoyable. Binged 4 episodes last night on Netflix.

Leave a comment:

• ironfist
    replied
    Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    No one giving Lovecraft Country a try, or no one else liking it?
    I'm watching and enjoying it.

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied
    No one giving Lovecraft Country a try, or no one else liking it?

Leave a comment:

• fuhrdog
    replied
    Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Disappointing to read about El Camino. Thanks for the warning.
    If you haven't already watched it, Better Call Saul is a good follow up to Breaking Bad.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Nice...I recently re-watched Breaking Bad and The Wire back-to-back and there just isn't a comparison IMO. I also recently re-wathed The Sopranos and it's great as well. It is unfortunate that The Wire's worst season by far was its last because it gives an opening for other shows to make a run at GOAT.
    Loved The Wire and while I am certainly in the minority on this, but I felt it was a bit overrated. Maybe because I watched it after hearing all the hype, and I did in fact start with the final season and then went back and watched the entire series run. But it's different than Breaking Bad in that each season had different story arcs, while Breaking Bad just went start to finish with the one single storyline.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Disappointing to read about El Camino. Thanks for the warning.

Justified, Sopranos, and The Shield are my top 3. Breaking Bad is right up there.

I think The Wire might be up next.
    Nice...I recently re-watched Breaking Bad and The Wire back-to-back and there just isn't a comparison IMO. I also recently re-wathed The Sopranos and it's great as well. It is unfortunate that The Wire's worst season by far was its last because it gives an opening for other shows to make a run at GOAT.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X