Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregg
    replied
    Disappointing to read about El Camino. Thanks for the warning.

Justified, Sopranos, and The Shield are my top 3. Breaking Bad is right up there.

I think The Wire might be up next.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    I'm one who thinks Breaking Bad is the greatest TV drama of all time, but that said, I found El Camino to be boring and pointless.
    Agreed on El Camino, and Breaking Bad, even at #2 all-time, can't hold a candle to The Wire.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Finished Breaking Bad last night. It was very well done on all fronts. I certainly see why it was so highly rated.

There is a follow up movie called El Camino that we will be watching tonight or sometime this weekend.
    I'm one who thinks Breaking Bad is the greatest TV drama of all time, but that said, I found El Camino to be boring and pointless.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    I still think that the only thing that compares to those last 2 episodes is the ending of Breaking Bad
    Finished Breaking Bad last night. It was very well done on all fronts. I certainly see why it was so highly rated.

There is a follow up movie called El Camino that we will be watching tonight or sometime this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied
    Anyone watching Lovecraft Country on HBO? I think it's fantastic so far, and Jurnee Smollett is not hard to look at either. Fantastic cast all around including Omar.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    I still think that the only thing that compares to those last 2 episodes is the ending of Breaking Bad
    Which we are in season two (about half way) right now. Will watch 2 or 3 episodes later today.

So far we are enjoying it very much.

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    Well then, Thank you!!

We finished it a few weeks ago. Did not see the ending going that way at all! Tremendous show. Now easily one of my top ten of all time.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    I bet it was me, I'm a huge Shield fan. Just you wait, it gets even better, how far have you gotten?
    Well then, Thank you!!

We finished it a few weeks ago. Did not see the ending going that way at all! Tremendous show. Now easily one of my top ten of all time.

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    replied
    just finished Travelers, which was better than expected. 3 seasons.

and Umbrella Academy's first season was fun, the second season just dropped.

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    "Counterpart" featuring JK Simmons and Olivia Williams is great, a parallel Earth gets spawned in Berlin in 1987 and then things happen, 2 seasons, best thing I've seen in a while
    "Northmen" is "The Office" but in Viking times, I'm not watching much comedy, but this did it for me

I loved "Watchmen" and "The Expanse". "Giri/Haji" is a super slow-burn Japanese/British police procedural that I still don't understand how it got pitched and made. I'm in season 2 of "Dark", strange german time travel thing (must watch for Nullnor!), I've watched most of "Midnight Diner", which makes me hungry every episode and superhelpful in regaining my "Bar Japanese". Im also enjoying "Peaky Blinders" very much, British gangs post-WWI.

Strangest thing though we've been watching in our house is "Escape to the Country", a UK show where people are looking to, you guessed it, move to the English countryside, I now know more about average house prices in UK counties than I ever imagined, and that Brits have carpet in their bathrooms, sofas in their kitchens, don't like bedrooms on the ground floor, and all seem to want to raise Alpacas

I'm a huge fan of the Star Trek Universe, but can not get through "Star Trek: Discovery", terrible acting and plots

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    I know someone mentioned The Shield earlier in this thread. We just never got around to watching it.

Well last night we watched the Pilot, and boy oh boy. Needless to say we had to watch the next episode and then one more for good measure. Hooked!

Late to the party, but better late than never.
    I bet it was me, I'm a huge Shield fan. Just you wait, it gets even better, how far have you gotten?

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    not entirely sure. German show. Sci-fi, time travel, missing kid .... I may have to just watch and find out.
    I've watched the first season of Dark, somewhat through through the 2nd, enjoying it quite a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by DMT View Post
    I was planning to, but Amazon only has the three seasons. Plus, I've heard it's not that good.
    I rewatched the whole series, then watched the movie, which I did enjoy, it's worth tracking down

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Has anyone seen this yet? Sounds right up my alley but I'm generally not a fan of animated shows.

The creator of 'Adventure Time' returns with 'The Midnight Gospel,' a trippy fantasy about life, death, and everything in between.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Great miniseries on The History Channel: “Grant.” Highly recommended.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X