Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregg
    replied
    Death to 2021 on Netflix is one hour of satire that is a fun ride.

It mixes actual news footage with fictional characters. Those with thick skin will enjoy the mockery of both sides of the fence.

Kind of reminds me of out Hot Button Topic threads.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    A couple of interesting finds:

A Life of Crime: 1984-2020 -- I hadn't realized that this was an extension of an existing couple of docs, but if you've never seen those before, this doc is amazing and should be required watching for any teen. The film maker chose 4 sorry souls to focus on in 1984, and amazingly kept it up for 36 years, getting to know the main protagonists through their trials and tribulations of drug abuse and crime. Let's just say his choices were spot on. I understand he believed he had completed this in 2003, but was called back by one in 2010 and followed her for another decade.

The Defeated - I had never heard of this Netflix show, but it's on the docket for season 2, which is what I usually look for when getting involved in a new series. It stars Taylor Kitsch ("Friday Night Lights") and Michael C. Hall ("Dexter") about a Brooklyn detective who travels to Berlin in 1946 to help train the fledgling police department -- and look for his missing brother -- and discovers some vigilante justice being meted out. As a fellow Brooklynite, Kitsch's Brooklyn accent certainly needs, uhhh, some work, but it's good nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    replied
    we've been watching some well done shows lately - liking the short series format

Bodyguard, a british political thriller - very well done
    The Undoing, Nicole Kidman & Hugh Grant & Donald Sutherland, another thriller, fabulous acting, another well done short series
    Stateless, just started this one

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied
    Watched Cowboy Bebop on Netflix.

It's a live version of an anime classic. half sci-fi, half film noir. Apparently it sucked because it's nothing like the Anime, misses all it's nuance, didn't focus on the right plot points, and was completely miscast (if you read anything from the multitude of anime fanboys) but I enjoyed it having never seen any of the source material. Not sure if it reached the standards of exceelence but i thought it was fun, created an interesting world and I'm looking forward to a season 2.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    The Beatles: Get Back is most exceelently fascinating.
    Good to read. I am looking forward to watching this.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    The Beatles: Get Back is most exceelently fascinating.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Been watching Ted Lasso and Squid Game, both of which are exceelent and dramatically different from one another.
    Agree on all counts

Leave a comment:

• Bene Futuis
    replied
    Been watching Ted Lasso and Squid Game, both of which are exceelent and dramatically different from one another.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    You're nicer than me. That first episode was pretty bad, IMO....
    Yet amazingly, it got an 8.2 on IMDB. I was pretty surprised by that rating.

Leave a comment:

• chancellor
    replied
    Dexter returned with "Dexter: New Blood" and the first episode was soundly meh. The new surrounding cast seemed unlikable, Deb returns from the dead as the ghost who now follows him along (like his dad in the original series), and the baddie he offs in the first episode didn't seem all that "bad." Good to have it back, but let's hope it gets better.
    You're nicer than me. That first episode was pretty bad, IMO....

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Dexter returned with "Dexter: New Blood" and the first episode was soundly meh. The new surrounding cast seemed unlikable, Deb returns from the dead as the ghost who now follows him along (like his dad in the original series), and the baddie he offs in the first episode didn't seem all that "bad." Good to have it back, but let's hope it gets better.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken View Post
    We watched this.

You didn't miss much.
    Thank you for saving me some time!

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    - Nine Perfect Strangers (Hulu) - 1st episode didn't grab me despite the other-worldly cast. Not sure I'm going back.
    We watched this.

You didn't miss much.

Leave a comment:

• In the Corn
    replied
    My son advised me to watch "The Squid Game" on Netflix and through 2 episodes, it's been great.

I've checked out a few others of late to watch with my family (I'm cool like that):

- Doom Patrol (HBO) - good, went off the rails a bit in Season 2, but back now for Season 3. My impatient 11-year old watches this without me, so hopefully I'll get to it soon.
    - Nine Perfect Strangers (Hulu) - 1st episode didn't grab me despite the other-worldly cast. Not sure I'm going back.
    - Only Murders in the Building (Hulu) - same as above, although this gets a perfect 100% on RT. I'll go back for episode 2.
    Mrs. ITC and I are really enjoying Only Murders in the Building. Good star power, and it does some nice twists and turns. I'm amazed I like it as Martin Short is not someone I usually enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    I can't believe that nobody has posted about Brockmire yet ... we just stumbled across it & watched the first three episodes ... Hank Azaria is, well, check it out ...

First few seasons are great. The last season, well......

Leave a comment:

Working...
X