• Show
Clear All

• heyelander
    replied
    "Taking care of beavness"

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied

can't for the life of me figure out how to imbed this...

Archer Comic-Con Message

Leave a comment:

• Mithrandir
    replied
    Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Another comedy that's worth watching, esp as a fantasy footballer is The League. Same writing team as Seinfeld so might not be your cup of tea, but it's pretty damn funny. Not sure how much more they have left in the tank though.

And of course, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Workaholics are great, but really crass.
    +1 on these two shows..especially Sunny in Philly.

Leave a comment:

• Mithrandir
    replied
    Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    ElD, I don't remember if Arrested Development made your list or not, but it is certainly worth watching and wife-friendly
    I have watched Season 1 so far and it is fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• Mithrandir
    replied
    I'll amend my last statement, Rectify is pretty damn believable.
    Mad Men seems pretty realistic.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Another comedy that's worth watching, esp as a fantasy footballer is The League. Same writing team as Seinfeld so might not be your cup of tea, but it's pretty damn funny. Not sure how much more they have left in the tank though.

And of course, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Workaholics are great, but really crass.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    Yeah, that's true. I just feel that Sons of Anarchy really stretched the limits more than other shows.
    No doubt. I wouldn't put it in my top tier and didn't recommend it to ElD because of that and it's not wife friendly at all.

I do think Johnny should finish it because he got through the first 4 seasons and it's pretty good from there on out.

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    ElD, I don't remember if Arrested Development made your list or not, but it is certainly worth watching and wife-friendly

Leave a comment:

• BuckyBuckner
    replied
    It's completely ridiculous no doubt. But honestly, what show isn't? Other than The Wire, which was based on actual events David Simon covered as a reporter, I can't think of any show that holds up under close scrutiny. And the final season was completely farfetched. Breaking Bad required quite a bit of suspension of disbelief. And the way so many turned on Homeland because it became 'just too unbelievable'. Oy get a grip people, it's all fantasyland. If realism is one's main criteria for judging television, then it's not even worth wasting the time.
    Yeah, that's true. I just feel that Sons of Anarchy really stretched the limits more than other shows.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    I'll amend my last statement, Rectify is pretty damn believable.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    I kept with it cause I have a hard time abandoning a show and it has gotten better. Hunnan has two acting styles; calm and really angry and he goes back and forth immediately with no in between. He's not a very good actor. The whole thing is completely unrealistic, this small MC from a small town (called Charming no less) ends up in the middle of a heroin and gun war between what five different gangs, the IRA and the Mexican cartel. I don't think so.
    It's completely ridiculous no doubt. But honestly, what show isn't? Other than The Wire, which was based on actual events David Simon covered as a reporter, I can't think of any show that holds up under close scrutiny. And the final season was completely farfetched. Breaking Bad required quite a bit of suspension of disbelief. And the way so many turned on Homeland because it became 'just too unbelievable'. Oy get a grip people, it's all fantasyland. If realism is one's main criteria for judging television, then it's not even worth wasting the time.

Leave a comment:

• BuckyBuckner
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Maybe I'll check it out again someday. Charlie Hunnan really started to annoy me. Bucky told me it gets worse, and that was the excuse I needed to jump ship.
    I kept with it cause I have a hard time abandoning a show and it has gotten better. Hunnan has two acting styles; calm and really angry and he goes back and forth immediately with no in between. He's not a very good actor. The whole thing is completely unrealistic, this small MC from a small town (called Charming no less) ends up in the middle of a heroin and gun war between what five different gangs, the IRA and the Mexican cartel. I don't think so.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    But you said you abandoned it. It got a lot better after season 4 IMO.
    Maybe I'll check it out again someday. Charlie Hunnan really started to annoy me. Bucky told me it gets worse, and that was the excuse I needed to jump ship.

I think it started going a bit downhill when

Spoiler!

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    I was actually talking about SoA

... probably would have made more sense if I had replied to your post
    But you said you abandoned it. It got a lot better after season 4 IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Pogues
    replied
    Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Watching the Great Pumpkin..what a classic show!!

I am laughing harder tonight than I did as a kid..

And there are two scenes cut from the originsl so they can fit In more commercials..ASSHOLES!!
    We have it on DVD.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X