• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frae
    replied
    Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
    If it's not on Disney Jr. or Sprout, I don't watch anything. *sigh*
    If you have ever had to watch Nick Jr and some Dora this one always makes me laugh...

Leave a comment:

• Friarfan
    replied
    If it's not on Disney Jr. or Sprout, I don't watch anything. *sigh*

Leave a comment:

• frae
    replied
    Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    "taped" wolf hall. Haven't watched yet.
    I watched it, as someone who is not very well informed on history it was a bit hard to follow a few things. I did rewind a few scenes to make sure I was clear on the names, in that sense it was a lot like how I started with Game of Thrones. I enjoyed it though quite a bit, I'll keep watching for sure.

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied
    "taped" wolf hall. Haven't watched yet.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Originally posted by DMT View Post
    The season finale of The Walking Dead was the best episode of the past several seasons IMO.
    It was a humdinger.

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by DMT View Post
    The season finale of The Walking Dead was the best episode of the past several seasons IMO.
    Agreed

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied

Leave a comment:

• In the Corn
    replied
    Originally posted by overkill94 View Post

Has anyone watched Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt yet? I've heard good things.
    My wife, daughter and I watched the first 3-4 episodes the other night. We all found it to be rather entertaining.

I'm concerned the "fish out of water" will run out of steam, but I also have some faith in Tina Fey.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Beginning of the end for Top Gear? Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended by the BBC for punching a producer. Considering the heat Clarkson has been under the last couple of years for comments and behavior, this could be the final straw. But will the BBC just give up the most profitable TV franchise in their history? If they were a private company, you'd say "no way" ... but the BBC have themselves been under a lot of flak recently, so I'm thinking he's done.

Leave a comment:

• overkill94
    replied
    Originally posted by GTAXI View Post
    A friend turned me on to Impractical Jokers on TruTV, and I have to say its by far the funniest show I have seen on TV in awhile.

Its basically 4 lifelong friends that compete to embarrass each other. There are challenges, and dares that each person much do. If they refuse, they lose and have to endure a punishment of epic proportion.

I watched a few episodes with my wife and daughters and we were laughing so hard it hurt.

Here is a funny clip of a punishment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT96eX7JJ3Q
    A buddy of mine turned me on to this show as well and I agree that it's pretty hilarious.

Has anyone watched Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt yet? I've heard good things.

Leave a comment:

• frae
    replied
    I wanted to give a plug for The Jinx on HBO. I knew very little about the Robert Durst story before this and I think it has been very well done. Episode 5 of 6 is tonight, if you have anytime to check it out on HBO Go or on demand I would do it.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    I don't know which US channel it will appear on, but Wolf Hall is crazy good. It's a period drama set during the break between England and the Catholic Church over Henry VIII's desire for a marriage annulment. It's currently airing on BBC iPlayer if you know how to get around the international block.

The lead actor is a guy called Mark Rylance. He's been acting in theater for like 35 years, and hardly done any TV or film work. He's won Tony and Oliver awards. He is fucking amazing ... one of those actors who just effortless says everything that needs to be said without uttering a word. I recognise his face from somewhere, but looking at his filmography etc, I can't place it.

Damian Lewis plays Henry VIII.

I think it's a one off 6 episode mini-series, but damn it's good.
    Just finished Wolf Hall ... probably the best BBC drama ever made. Almost flawless from start to finish. Will air on PBS on 5th April.

Leave a comment:

• GTAXI
    Guest replied
    A friend turned me on to Impractical Jokers on TruTV, and I have to say its by far the funniest show I have seen on TV in awhile.

Its basically 4 lifelong friends that compete to embarrass each other. There are challenges, and dares that each person much do. If they refuse, they lose and have to endure a punishment of epic proportion.

I watched a few episodes with my wife and daughters and we were laughing so hard it hurt.

Here is a funny clip of a punishment

Losers Sal and Joe have to open for Imagine Dragons in front of thousands of fans, playing songs they don't know. New episodes premiere Thursday, July 16 at ...

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Kickasstorrents is a good bet with the PB down. The heavily seeded and leached files are almost always safe.

I watched all 4 series again a couple of months back ... it holds up well to multiple viewings. Gaius Baltar is such a terrifically OTT character.
    So say we all! Although Starbuck is still my favorite.....

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Just finished 1st season of The Knick. Excellent IMO but be forewarned there are some gruesome surgery scenes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X