X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Watching the Great Pumpkin..what a classic show!!

I am laughing harder tonight than I did as a kid..

And there are two scenes cut from the originsl so they can fit In more commercials..ASSHOLES!!
    I got a rock !

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post

And there are two scenes cut from the originsl so they can fit In more commercials..ASSHOLES!!
    Oh no -- it was on tonight? Dammit, I watch it every year.

Leave a comment:

• Mithrandir
    replied

Last edited by Mithrandir; 10-15-2014, 08:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Very similar trajectory in SOA.
    I was actually talking about SoA

... probably would have made more sense if I had replied to your post

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    I felt it started off well, then got steadily more ridiculous as each season went by. I abandoned it at the end of Season 4. The Shield had a few quiet seasons, but it came really strong at the end.
    Very similar trajectory in SOA.

Leave a comment:

• Judge Jude
    replied
    finally DVR'd through that "Stalker" episode. didn't sit thru whole thing, but seemed like one character had been stalked, another was now being stalked... geesh.

only mildly interesting aspect as I FF'd through a lot was that some creepy guy who was videoing teenage girls wound up providing key clues from his film footage once they got a search warrant of his computer, allowing them to catch the kidnapper of the younger brother. but geesh, that's not enough consolation to make this a weekly visit.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    What about Sons of Anarchy?

I don't watch it, but my daughter loves the show. She has gotten my wife involved and she is hooked too. It is in it's last season. I came home last night and they were in the middle of an episode. I got hooked in after only about 20 minutes. I am going to go back and start at the beginning. I will not watch any more this year as I don't want to spoil the ride. It is very violent, but you get hooked into the characters.
    I felt it started off well, then got steadily more ridiculous as each season went by. I abandoned it at the end of Season 4. The Shield had a few quiet seasons, but it came really strong at the end.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied

I don't watch it, but my daughter loves the show. She has gotten my wife involved and she is hooked too. It is in it's last season. I came home last night and they were in the middle of an episode. I got hooked in after only about 20 minutes. I am going to go back and start at the beginning. I will not watch any more this year as I don't want to spoil the ride. It is very violent, but you get hooked into the characters.
    I mentioned it earlier but if they like SOA they'll probably like The Shield as well.

I enjoy SOA but it really went off the rails for a couple seasons. The last couple have been very entertaining, but extremely violent.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Actually, I kind of hate Seinfeld.

I'm pretty interested in Rome, though, and might be able to pitch it to the wife successfully (get your mind out of the gutter). Maybe I'll start with that one.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    wow, Boardwalk Empire. Two major characters gone in one episode.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Actually, I kind of hate Seinfeld.

I'm pretty interested in Rome, though, and might be able to pitch it to the wife successfully (get your mind out of the gutter). Maybe I'll start with that one.
    Rome is pretty gruesome in places ... but it is superb.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    I have never seen one episode of any of these besides Band of Brothers. I'd watch the hell out of Band of Brothers, but I'm guessing that its grittiness makes it a no-go for my wife. I have to trick her into watching the gritty shows like The Wire. "Sure, it may look like a bunch of soldiers wasting each other during WWII but it's actually just a buddy flick!"

I had to pretty much force her to watch The Wire. It's now probably her favorite show of all time, too. She's a tricky one, that wife of mine.
    Right, forgot it needed to be wife-friendly.

How about Curb Your Enthusiasm? If you're a Seinfeld fan, it's like whole new batch of Seinfeld episodes. Ray Donovan? Entourage (at least the first few seasons)?

Leave a comment:

• Erik
    replied
    I still very much enjoy Person of Interest, but it has taken a step backwards for me. It has went from great to very good.
    That show tends to get better as a season goes along. Of the three episodes that have aired this year, one of them (the second one) was as good as some of the best stuff from last year, which is more than I was expecting given how it usually starts slowly.

Leave a comment:

• BuckyBuckner
    replied
    The acting is great. It is one of those that while the characters are very interesting it is very hard to like any of them.
    Really? I like the reporters a lot; Daniel and Adriana. Sonya is a mess, obviously, but Hank is awesome. And while Linder is creepy he's pretty cool and wants to right wrongs that have been done to women. Can't complain about that.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    What's up with Person of Interest? Is it any good?

What shows should I look to power watch On Demand or via Amazon Prime? I need to find another series that I can crack out on.

I've seen (and liked):

Sopranos
    Deadwood
    Walking Dead
    Game of Thrones
    Lost
    Breaking Bad
    The Wire
    Dexter (stupid crappy ending....damn you!)

Any great HBO-esque series out there that I've missed?
    Homeland
    Rome
    Boardwalk Empire
    Hell on Wheels
    The Knick
    True Detective

Did you see Band of Brothers or The Pacific?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X