Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• revo
    replied
    I rewatched Band of Brothers with my 14-year old and it's just as good as it was 20 (gulp) years ago. Interesting to see Tom Hardy, Michael Fassbender & James McAvoy in small roles.

I'm now rewatching The Pacific and it's a little better than I remembered it, although not nearly as good as BoB. I knew Rami Malek was in this pre-Mr. Robot, but didn't realize Toby Leonard Moore ("Billions") also had a sizable role.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Last Man Standing conluded their 9 year run with a two hour finale last night. I think they did a nice job of saying thank you and goodbye.

We enjoyed the whole run all 194 episodes. We were glad when Fox picked it up. It gave us another 3 years. I think they went out on time and gracefully. No shark jumping with this one. Baxter Out.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    If you’re a Marvel fan, M.O.D.O.K. on Hulu is hysterical.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    The Handmaid’s Tale just keeps getting better and better and better. At this point, I would absolutely put this in my top 10 shows of all time.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Checked out "Gangs of London" on AMC - -wowowowowow. What a first episode! Actually, probably the craziest opening scene to a series that I can remember. I don't know if it will remain to be exceeelent, but the first episode sure was!

Also checked out the reboot of Wipeout on TBS. I didn't think they could botch a show like Wipeout, but they did. All the fun from the John Henson-John Anderson days was sucked out of it, somehow.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    I don't know if anyone mentioned City on A Hill yet.

My wife and I are about 5 or 6 episodes into season one. We are really liking it. Kevin Bacon is making good use of his slapable face. Very interesting character.

Good period piece from 1989 based on a true crime case in Boston. I don't remember the case and I am not reading up on it as I want to watch in unfold. Great acting, filming is fantastic. Feels like we are back in 1989.

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    Godfather of Harlem season 2 began last night on Epix. Season 1 was awesome, and while I was hoping for Season 2, I didn't realize they filmed it already. Huzzah!
    yeah I saw this pop up in my notifications ... cool. But we just started watching Yellowstone last night ...

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Godfather of Harlem season 2 began last night on Epix. Season 1 was awesome, and while I was hoping for Season 2, I didn't realize they filmed it already. Huzzah!

Leave a comment:

• Jefe
    replied
    And speaking of weird shit -- anyone watch Raised by Wolves?

Leave a comment:

• Jefe
    replied
    I'm a big fan of Ted Lasso. It's a lot more wholesome than I usually like my entertainment, but it was great timing last year to have one little slice of positivity in my life during all the election stress. Once you get past the first episode the characters come to life and it's just a fun, easy ride.

I just finished the first season of Euphoria on HBO -- talk about the polar opposite. But I thought it was really well done.

I'm a big MCU fan -- it's my childhood come to life for the most part -- and I struggled with Wandavision. Too thin of a concept. (and I think Kat Dennings is awful, period.) I'm enjoying F&WS more but even there I think the level of cheesiness is a little high... playing up the animosity b/w them with constant clever quips and shit... it veers into crappy sitcom land. Then it has a mullti-million dollar action piece so I forgive them.

Leave a comment:

• Teenwolf
    replied
    Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Disney+ is the latest Marvel show and it's great. It's more straightforward than Wandavision, so you really don't need to know much about the Marvel MCU besides a few key plot points.
    Fool me once, shame on you...

Really disliked Wandavision, and not knowing anything about the MCU made the entire production annoying. Episodes felt like they were made up of 20 mins of garbage, 4 mins to keep you interested, and 8 mins of credits to wait through for the next teaser. Not enough meat on the bone.

I also love Kathryn Hahn in other stuff (particularly Transparent), but this was eye-roll inducing over the top acting that really irritated me for the final few episodes. I think the direction of this was awful to produce such bad performances. The girl from 2 Broke Girls was also bad, consistently. I know it's a Disney production, but the entire tone was grating in a way that I don't normally get from well produced family films or TV.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Disney+ is the latest Marvel show and it's great. It's more straightforward than Wandavision, so you really don't need to know much about the Marvel MCU besides a few key plot points.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BuckyBuckner
    replied
    I know I posted this before, but For All Mankind on Apple TV+ is great. Second season just came out.

Into Season 3 of The Handmaid’s Tale and it is crazzzeee.

Just finished Ted Lasso and it was OK, nothing spectacular.

Young Rock is cool, especially if you were a wrestling fan in the 1980s. Some of the cast of characters include Andre the Giant, Junkyard Dog, the Samoans, the Iron Sheik, and of course, Rocky Johnson.
    My wife and I love Ted Lasso. It's fun and super funny.

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied
    Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Is it? Loved, loved, loved the books but never watched the show. I thought it got cancelled or something.....
    i think it moved from SciFi to Amazon Prime.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X