Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregg
    replied
    Mrs. Gregg and I have watched 4 episodes (of 8) of Wednesday...WOW!!

Tim Burton's version of Wednesday Addams is awesome. Casting is great, special effects, filming, story line all wonderful. This is just a fun ride without losing too much of the feel for the original Addams Family.

I really did not expect much, now it is must see TV.

Leave a comment:

• GwynnInTheHall
    replied
    Cobra Kai Season 5

Love this show.

Leave a comment:

• Sour Masher
    replied
    I just finished up season 2 of Primal Gendy Tartakovsky masterwork of a show. It looks like this season will be the last, which I get, but also lament. If you have not seen this and have access to it on HBO, it is one of the most spectacular shows I've ever seen. It is a master-class in wordless storytelling, and I hope that comment does not scare any of you off.

Has anyone else seen it? It is amazing.

ETA: GT is the guy who created Dexter's Laboratory and Samurai Jack, and worked on the Powerpuff Girls and the Animated Star Wars Clone Wars series, so you have a sense of his other work. Primal is much more brutal and ambitious than anything else he has done. Great stuff.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 09-20-2022, 07:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    We just finished the 17th season of America's Got Talent. It was the best season yet.

Lot's of smiles, and jaw dropping moments. Very entertaining show.

Leave a comment:

• fuhrdog
    replied
    Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    The Bear on Hulu

Recommended by Daniel@RJ.

Thank YOU Mr. Devereaux!
    Agree, it was pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• GwynnInTheHall
    replied
    The Bear on Hulu

Recommended by Daniel@RJ.

Thank YOU Mr. Devereaux!

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    Black Bird on Apple TV is really well done, and creepy AF. Not as good as Mindhunter, but same sort of vibe.
    Just started this one. 1st episode was very good.

Finished "The Terminal List" on Amazon with Chris Pratt. Very enjoyable.

Leave a comment:

• GwynnInTheHall
    replied
    Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    1883 is blowing me away. Ive never seen Yellowstone. That's gotta be next, eh?
    That's what we did. Locked into 1883, loved it then binged Yellowstone.

Now we wait for 1923, the follow up of 1883 and additional prequel to Yellowstone (which should be excellent next season as well)

Leave a comment:

• GwynnInTheHall
    replied
    Just finished the show finale of Better Call Saul

Excellent wrap up.

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied
    Black Bird on Apple TV is really well done, and creepy AF. Not as good as Mindhunter, but same sort of vibe.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Someone mentioned Doc Martin sometime back. I forgot about it. I came across it last night looking for something interesting. When I saw the title we decided to give it a try.

We watched 3 episodes and enjoyed them. It is bit quirky in a good way. Humorous without being hilarious. Scenery is spectacular. Great dialog. So far so good.

Leave a comment:

• fuhrdog
    replied
    Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    Definitely

Leave a comment:

• Pauly
    replied

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    The Boys, season 3, is in all-time great territory

Leave a comment:

• Sour Masher
    replied
    Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
    I'm a bad junkie and haven't checked in much lately but binging shows has been an important part of getting through the pandemic and I even kept a list of all the shows so here's what I think of all of them:

Brooklyn 99 - 10
    Dead to Me - 8
    Ted Lasso - 9
    The Morning Show - 6
    Detroiters - 9
    The Leftovers - 8
    Ramy - 8
    Pen15 - 9
    Shrill - 7
    Flight Attendant - 8
    The Great - 8
    Search Party - 9
    Letterkenny - 10
    Brockmire - 9
    Dave - 9
    The Last Kingdom - 9
    Friday Night Lights - 10
    Justified - 8
    Hacks - 9
    Rutherford Falls - 8
    Cobra Kai - 9
    Mythic Quest - 9
    Only Murders in the Building - 9
    Reservation Dogs - 9
    Ash vs Evil Dead - 7
    Midnight Mass - 8
    Killing Eve - 8
    Billions - 9
    Finally got into Letterkenny. Loving it. Curious what our Canadian posters think of it. I watched an interview with the main dude and his accent is just as pronounced as on the show. I never realized just how much Irish influence there was on accents from Ottawa and Newfoundland. He was a hockey guy coming up though, so he identifies with them more IRL than the hicks. His voice is deeper too, but the accent is largely the same. Love the contrast between the lowbrow antics and the rapid fire, complex dialogue filled with idioms and clever turns of phrases. I have to turn on subtitles sometimes just to catch it all. Love the quirkiness of the characters too. Half way through season 2, it has me tempted to upgrade Hulu to no commercials just so I can get through it faster.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X