• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pauly
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    I thought Fargo Season 1 was genius, and the second even better

Wolf Hall, my second favourite show of last year, beat Fargo S2 to the Golden Globe. I was hoping that Fargo would win best mini-series, and Mark Rylance would win best actor for Wolf Hall ... that would have been a better outcome IMO. But glad to see Wolf Hall get recognition ... it's not like Fargo needs any help.

I watched all 3 seasons of The Americans last year ... very good stuff.
    As I watched season 2 I just found myself really missing Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman especially. And there were a lot more laughable moments in the first season where the second was too serious for me and took a while to get going after the first episode. What made S2 better for you?

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Can someone explain to me why Show Me a Hero got so much attention. I watched all 6 hours of that waiting for something to happen ... nothing. Yes, fine acting, great cast, yes Oscar Isaac is a boss as usual ... but nothing happened. Remove all the main characters, and the scant storyline, and nothing changes to the events. It was a TV movie at best.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    Just finished up the second season of Fargo. Good stuff (especially the last 3-4 episodes), but didnt remotely compare to the first season for me. The first season was genius. Comments?

Getting ready to start first two seasons of The Americans next.
    I thought Fargo Season 1 was genius, and the second even better

Wolf Hall, my second favourite show of last year, beat Fargo S2 to the Golden Globe. I was hoping that Fargo would win best mini-series, and Mark Rylance would win best actor for Wolf Hall ... that would have been a better outcome IMO. But glad to see Wolf Hall get recognition ... it's not like Fargo needs any help.

I watched all 3 seasons of The Americans last year ... very good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Pauly
    replied
    Just finished up the second season of Fargo. Good stuff (especially the last 3-4 episodes), but didnt remotely compare to the first season for me. The first season was genius. Comments?

Getting ready to start first two seasons of The Americans next.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    Can NOT wait for this.

A google search resulted in this:

Preacher is an upcoming American television series developed by Evan Goldberg, Seth Rogen and Sam Catlin for AMC starring Dominic Cooper. It is an adaptation of the comic book series created by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon, and published by DC Comics' Vertigo imprint. The series was officially picked up on September 9, 2015, with a ten-episode order and is scheduled to premiere in mid-2016

Looks like we have to wait awhile.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    Can NOT wait for this.

I am in.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Daredevil -- just in time for Season 2. It's dark and I found it initially hard to get into (hence the year-long watch frame), but I ultimately found it worth the while.

Jessica Jones -- she was not a comic character I had heard of, but this was a very well-done series and perfectly sets up for Luke Cage.

Master of None -- Aziz Ansari is great and I found this show to be very amusing. His father is fantastic. Worth a watch.

F is for Family -- a cartoon set in 1973. Only 6 episodes. I found it to be very funny.

Mr. Robot -- started this last night after endless prodding from my buddy, so far I'm four episodes in and it's great. I'd recommend.

Making a Murderer -- it was pretty incredible, but clearly slanted for the defense. Like many others, I googled it afterwards and found many articles which show they left out (on purpose or not) some evidence presented that casts a dimmer light on Steven Avery but shines brighter for his nephew. Taking both what was shown and what wasn't into account, it's easier to see why they convicted Avery but I do believe the nephew got railroaded.

Leave a comment:

• BuckyBuckner
    replied
    Can NOT wait for this.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    I really liked the Shannara trilogy when I was a kid ... Tolkien-lite, but still enjoyable. Watched 15 minutes of the MTV adaptation, and switched off. A cheap rip off.

Leave a comment:

• BuckyBuckner
    replied
    Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
    Making a Murderer was pretty incredible - might not have needed a full 10 hours to tell the story but still an addicting watch nonetheless.
    I watched it this weekend. Yeah, it was pretty incredible. I feel like I would have watched 10 more hours of that case. It was really fascinating.

Here is an interesting article with more details. Don't read this if you haven't watched the documentary.

I also watched Narcos this weekend (I didn't get out much) and that was great.

Leave a comment:

• overkill94
    replied
    Making a Murderer was pretty incredible - might not have needed a full 10 hours to tell the story but still an addicting watch nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    I have only watched the first episode of Sherlock and loved it. Gotta find time for it.
    watched the Xmas special last night and thought it was great, I highly recommend the series.

We watched the Bill Murray Xmas Special and the Black Mirror Xmas special the other night, very strange juxtaposition

Leave a comment:

• Mithrandir
    replied
    Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    New years episode of Sherlock on tonight.
    I have only watched the first episode of Sherlock and loved it. Gotta find time for it.

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied
    New years episode of Sherlock on tonight.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Amazing year for TV shows. Best yet?

Fargo
    season 2 was outstanding. Best show of 2015 by a margin, and that's saying something considering the standard of competition. The fact that it's better than season 1 is a feat in itself. That Better Call Saul, Narcos and Wolf Hall were my favourite shows of 2015 ... all of them "new".

Honorable mentions for Rectify, Jessica Jones, Transparent, The Americans, GoT, Mr Robot, House of Cards.

I've yet to see Season 2 of The Returned (French version), Season 3 OITNB, the latest series of Veep and Silicon Valley, and the final seasons of Hannibal, Mad Men and Justified.

I thought that Man in The High Castle was good, but not in the same class as the best of 2015. BUT it kept me watching ... I kept turning the damn page. That's worth a lot considering my "TV Show Attention Span". Can't say the same about some other shows.

I'll catch up with Homeland at some point ... it keeps losing me, and I'm still not up to speed with the latest season of The Walking Dead. They've killed off too many characters I grew to like ... and lame replacements.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X