No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• never watched breaking bad so I can't really comment to that... I'm sticking with Better Call Saul, but there were a number of scenes where I felt like they were drawn out a bit much... or they went to the same joke too many times... like how many times did the grandmother need to come down the stairs and try to clean up the blood? I get it... how much back and forth do you need in the negotiations? I get that back and forth is what negotiations are about, but... I don't know. Maybe I've been dumbed down too much.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      never watched breaking bad so I can't really comment to that... I'm sticking with Better Call Saul, but there were a number of scenes where I felt like they were drawn out a bit much... or they went to the same joke too many times... like how many times did the grandmother need to come down the stairs and try to clean up the blood? I get it... how much back and forth do you need in the negotiations? I get that back and forth is what negotiations are about, but... I don't know. Maybe I've been dumbed down too much.
      I wonder how you'd feel about The Fly episode of Breaking Bad

Comment

• The 1st episode of the 12 Monkeys series was awful. Really poor.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
          It's funny how Breaking Bad has shaped people's perceptions of my town. Tuco, though........I know a bunch of Tucos. And Skinny Petes, too, now that I think of it.
          and hot stoner chicks, don't forget them....
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Binged the first half of Amazon's Transparent on a particularly lazy Sunday. I'm really liking it so far. Jeffrey Tambour plays a father who comes out as Trans to his dysfunctional family. A bit like Better Call Saul, it's billed as a comedy, but not a "haha" comedy ... more like comical or humourous. Anyway ... dysfunctional families always make for great fodder, and this is good stuff.

Amazon Prime's TV service is really clunky and unpleasant to use ... though we may have a different software platform to the US. Netflix kicks its ass in that department for sure.

Comment

• Anyone watch Scandal? Thinking of giving it a try. Is it a procedural?

EDIT: or is it Damages I'm thinking of?

The current / last (?) of The American's has some good ratings ... guess I might give that a try again.
              Last edited by johnnya24; 02-23-2015, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Anyone know of a safe spot to find Battlestar Galactica episodes for free?
                It's on UK Netflix ... but I don't think you can connect to UK Netflix as easily as I can connect to US Netflix. In fact it may not be possible because UK Netflix doesn't use the co.uk domain (like BBC's iPlayer).

If you want to torrent it, KAT is still up, and I believe it has a load of working proxies.

Comment

Netflix ain't free, brother!
                  Kickasstorrents is a good bet with the PB down. The heavily seeded and leached files are almost always safe.

I watched all 4 series again a couple of months back ... it holds up well to multiple viewings. Gaius Baltar is such a terrifically OTT character.

Comment

• Just finished 1st season of The Knick. Excellent IMO but be forewarned there are some gruesome surgery scenes.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      Kickasstorrents is a good bet with the PB down. The heavily seeded and leached files are almost always safe.

I watched all 4 series again a couple of months back ... it holds up well to multiple viewings. Gaius Baltar is such a terrifically OTT character.
                      So say we all! Although Starbuck is still my favorite.....
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• A friend turned me on to Impractical Jokers on TruTV, and I have to say its by far the funniest show I have seen on TV in awhile.

Its basically 4 lifelong friends that compete to embarrass each other. There are challenges, and dares that each person much do. If they refuse, they lose and have to endure a punishment of epic proportion.

I watched a few episodes with my wife and daughters and we were laughing so hard it hurt.

Here is a funny clip of a punishment

Losers Sal and Joe have to open for Imagine Dragons in front of thousands of fans, playing songs they don't know. New episodes premiere Thursday, July 16 at ...

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          I don't know which US channel it will appear on, but Wolf Hall is crazy good. It's a period drama set during the break between England and the Catholic Church over Henry VIII's desire for a marriage annulment. It's currently airing on BBC iPlayer if you know how to get around the international block.

The lead actor is a guy called Mark Rylance. He's been acting in theater for like 35 years, and hardly done any TV or film work. He's won Tony and Oliver awards. He is fucking amazing ... one of those actors who just effortless says everything that needs to be said without uttering a word. I recognise his face from somewhere, but looking at his filmography etc, I can't place it.

Damian Lewis plays Henry VIII.

I think it's a one off 6 episode mini-series, but damn it's good.
                          Just finished Wolf Hall ... probably the best BBC drama ever made. Almost flawless from start to finish. Will air on PBS on 5th April.

Comment

• I wanted to give a plug for The Jinx on HBO. I knew very little about the Robert Durst story before this and I think it has been very well done. Episode 5 of 6 is tonight, if you have anytime to check it out on HBO Go or on demand I would do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTAXI View Post
                              A friend turned me on to Impractical Jokers on TruTV, and I have to say its by far the funniest show I have seen on TV in awhile.

Its basically 4 lifelong friends that compete to embarrass each other. There are challenges, and dares that each person much do. If they refuse, they lose and have to endure a punishment of epic proportion.

I watched a few episodes with my wife and daughters and we were laughing so hard it hurt.

Here is a funny clip of a punishment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT96eX7JJ3Q
                              A buddy of mine turned me on to this show as well and I agree that it's pretty hilarious.

Has anyone watched Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt yet? I've heard good things.

Comment

• Beginning of the end for Top Gear? Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended by the BBC for punching a producer. Considering the heat Clarkson has been under the last couple of years for comments and behavior, this could be the final straw. But will the BBC just give up the most profitable TV franchise in their history? If they were a private company, you'd say "no way" ... but the BBC have themselves been under a lot of flak recently, so I'm thinking he's done.

Comment

Working...
                                X