No announcement yet.

Closer Watch: 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, even in a SV-hungry environment, the Mets are changing their minds every day and Marshall is a better pitcher than Izzy.

For up to 2 weeks, Izzy may get more SV. But there's 2 months after that...
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• The Marmol situation will be much like the Soria situation earlier in the season. He'll be out of the role for a bit to get his mechanics straightened out, and then he'll resume closer duties.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
        Actually, he resumes the role tomorrow, per the Phillies radio postgame show, citing Manuel and Dubee.
        Sweet! Great news, Erik. Thanks for the head's up.

Comment

• Who are the set up guys that should be owned through 7/31 in the hopes of getting the closers spot?

Adams
          Cishek/Dunne
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Who are the set up guys that should be owned through 7/31 in the hopes of getting the closers spot?

Adams
            Cishek/Dunne
            Is Cishek a legitmate successor to Nunez?
            Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
              Is Cishek a legitmate successor to Nunez?
              Cishek has been pretty good so far and Florida used him to close when Nunez was on the DL -- however his last 2 efforts have been pretty uninspired. As for Dunn, he has been pretty mediocre himself. Certainly not lights-out.

Comment

• The rumors about Adams going to the Phils are getting stronger. Makes more sense than Bell money-wise. (Phils are about $2 million away from the luxury tax threshold and don't want to go over it.)
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  Who are the set up guys that should be owned through 7/31 in the hopes of getting the closers spot?

Adams
                  Cishek/Dunne
                  Lindstrom
                  Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

• Parnell, K-Rod...
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
                      Lindstrom
                      That WHIP will sting you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        Parnell, K-Rod...
                        K-Rod is owned in 94% of Yahoo! leagues.

I grabbed Cishek in my NL but everyone else mentioned here is owned.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                          That WHIP will sting you.
                          1.297? If he becomes the closer, that's not going to keep anyone from rostering him except in the shallowest of leagues. I also have Rex Brothers on reserve, just in case, but with his control at the moment, he is a WHIP risk.
                          Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            Cishek has been pretty good so far and Florida used him to close when Nunez was on the DL -- however his last 2 efforts have been pretty uninspired. As for Dunn, he has been pretty mediocre himself. Certainly not lights-out.
                            Wouldn't you think Mujica would be the guy? Or even Webb, who at least keeps the ball in the park? Speculating on Marlins saves is probably going to end badly no matter what but I'm just curious.

Comment

• well last nite McKeon pitched Dunn in a 4-0 game in the 6th inning and Cishek was warming up in the 9th with the same score (he ended up playing matchups, which backfired and created a save situation for Nunez). I just think McKeon likes Cishek the best in late-inning situations.

Mujica could be an option, I discounted him because under Rodriguez, he was used for mostly long relief situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                                Sweet! Great news, Erik. Thanks for the head's up.
                                Now they're saying there will be one more non-save appearance before Madson works the 9th again. Still, there's a good chance he sees a save op or two this week.
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X