Closer Watch: 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spec R View Post
    Word is the Rays are shopping Farnsworth. Who's next in line in Tampa if he's dealt? JP Howell?
    Peralta, from what I read.

Comment

• Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
      Peralta, from what I read.
      yeah, that's what they are saying, but if/when they fall out of it I would not be shocked if they gave McGee an audition.

(So in my AL-only league this Peralta owner will be looking to deal him ASAP)
      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spec R View Post
        Word is the Rays are shopping Farnsworth. Who's next in line in Tampa if he's dealt? JP Howell?
        as I said in the other thread, Farnsworth's contract is quite club friendly next year so I'd be surprised if Tampa traded him unless they received a nice return.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
          Is Javy Guerra possibly a long term solution for the Dodgers? I have him on the cheap and am rebuilding and am just wondering if he holds any long term value, or if he is just the guy for now. Thanks.
          Here's a good write-up by the best Dodger blogger out there about the situation - http://sports.espn.go.com/blog/los-a...d/15326/guerra

Comment

• Kenley came in and got the save tonight. A sign of things to come or a night off for Guerra who pitched the 23rd-25th (even though he didn't pitch last night)?

Comment

• Guerra with the due night off, but yes Jansen is a problem longterm.

Do NOT sell off lame ducks for supposed "future closers" like either one. Closers - and teams - are fickle.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyman View Post
                Kenley came in and got the save tonight. A sign of things to come or a night off for Guerra who pitched the 23rd-25th (even though he didn't pitch last night)?
                Umm, the 25th was last night. Guerra had pitched three straight games, so there was no way he was pitching tonight.

But Kenley Jansen is pitching great right now - Over the last 16 IP, he has 3H, 0 ER, 7 BB, and 26K.

Comment

• Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
                  Umm, the 25th was last night. Guerra had pitched three straight games, so there was no way he was pitching tonight.

But Kenley Jansen is pitching great right now - Over the last 16 IP, he has 3H, 0 ER, 7 BB, and 26K.
                  Yeah, I just realized that. It's past midnight, and I clicked on the calendar on my computer and didn't think about the date changing...duh! Lol.

Comment

• I wish Dan O'Dowd would put as much effort into moving Huston Street as he apparently is in into moving Ubaldo Jiminez.
                    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• does salas lose his job to dotel?

Comment

• Originally posted by bweiser831 View Post
                        does salas lose his job to dotel?
                        I dont see why. Salas has done a fine job, despite all the unwarranted noise theres been to the contrary.
                        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• CBS has a blurb that questions whether McClellan will be StL's new closer. I'm guessing that it's all guessing at this point.

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          I dont see why. Salas has done a fine job, despite all the unwarranted noise theres been to the contrary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrewski View Post
                            CBS has a blurb that questions whether McClellan will be StL's new closer. I'm guessing that it's all guessing at this point.
                            I doubt it. He's always been a solid setup man and that's where he'll go. Here is RotoWorld's take:

Kyle McClellan has been shifted to the bullpen.
                            The Cardinals acquired right-handed starter Edwin Jackson on Wednesday and will give him his first start Friday night. McClellan has enjoyed far more success in his career as a setup man and should do well in his return to that role.
                            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              I think that Salas is safe as the closer unless...

Heath bell doesnt have veto power, but ive heard he prefers to join the #stlcards if hes dealt.

http://twitter.com/#!/SI_JonHeyman/s...47205375500288

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                                I wish Dan O'Dowd would put as much effort into moving Huston Street as he apparently is in into moving Ubaldo Jiminez.
                                Bite your tongue!

(says an NL-only Street owner who would lose at least a few points if he were traded)

Comment

Working...
                                X