Closer Watch: 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
    According to Collins, the transition to Parnell as closer begins now.

http://twitter.com/#!/AnthonyDiComo/...49218495827969
    So Izzy gets #300 and now he gets to teach him how not to give up any runs. I like that plan.

Comment

• I'm the proud owner of Parnell and Rauch/Francisco as my stretch run closers. May God have mercy on my soul.

Comment

• Parnell has a 6.60 era and 2.00 whip since Krod was traded.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• I had Nunez and Rauch blow saves last night
          and as an added bonus Wilson blew a save creating Bumgarners loss - OOPS.

tonight I have the Carpenter Salas combination - let's see how that goes

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
            If he then broke his left arm they'd have him kick the ball to the plate. Or he'd just use the Force.
            I'm pretty sure he already just uses the Force.

Comment

• is Affeldt the closer in SF right now? Ramon Ramirez? Romo? Someone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                is Affeldt the closer in SF right now? Ramon Ramirez? Romo? Someone else?
                Looks like it's Affeldt right now. Romo likely would have but he was put on the DL the other day.

Comment

• Romo on the DL, as is Wilson.

Affeldt pitched the 9th and 10th in a tie game today, and got the W after two scoreless. Rotoworld thinks that proves he's the temp closer.
                  But Ramirez came on in the 11th, because it was a road game. If Affeldt pitched the 9th and 10th at home, that's a better indicator. One could just as easily say, "They saved closer Ramirez until they got the lead, and were willing to use Affeldt two IP because Ramirez will only pitch one, when they take the lead."

I think it's a 2-man committee. Casilla pitched the 7th and 8th, great as usual, but this game unfolded perfectly for the Giants so I don't see him moving back all of a sudden.

Mets MGR Collins, meanwhile, made it very clear today that Parnell would close Monday - but for Tuesday on, all bets are off in Parnell vs Izzy. He simply won't commit.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Can we get this thread to 100 pages by the end of the regular season?
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                      Can we get this thread to 100 pages by the end of the regular season?
                      Unlikely. But I just did my part.

Comment

• I hate Leo Nunez so focking much right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                          I hate Leo Nunez so focking much right now.
                          Jeez...three straight awful outings for Leo. absolutely killing me

Comment

• Originally posted by Spec R View Post
                            Jeez...three straight awful outings for Leo. absolutely killing me
                            I actually doubt he hangs onto the role at this point as his ERA is all the way up to 4.63. With him in line to make a good amount of money next year, he's now likely to be let loose in the off-season. If this happens, the question becomes who can latch onto the role for the rest of the season. Mujica's gotten a lot of work as the set-up man, but you've got to think Cishek would be in the running as well given his résumé so far this year.

Comment

• Nunez sucks
                              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                                I actually doubt he hangs onto the role at this point as his ERA is all the way up to 4.63. With him in line to make a good amount of money next year, he's now likely to be let loose in the off-season. If this happens, the question becomes who can latch onto the role for the rest of the season. Mujica's gotten a lot of work as the set-up man, but you've got to think Cishek would be in the running as well given his résumé so far this year.
                                McKeon has already said in the past that Mujica is the guy if Nunez is traded/demoted.

Comment

Working...
                                X