Closer Watch: 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    McKeon has already said in the past that Mujica is the guy if Nunez is traded/demoted.
    Is Mujica worth a flyer at this point? or does Nunez have some leash left?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spec R View Post
      Is Mujica worth a flyer at this point? or does Nunez have some leash left?
      there's some leash left imo. But he wont pitch today/tonight because of the high pitch count last night.

Comment

• ...and Mujica promptly craps the bed in the first game of the DH...he was lucky to get out without taking an L.

Comment

• Parnell with the Mets save today, did allow two runners. I saw him hit 99 mph; he hits 100-101 with decent regularity. Whiffed Pence. Not sure how much he helped himself, but didn't really hurt his chances either. Could use a clean one next time out, though.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            ...and Mujica promptly craps the bed in the first game of the DH...he was lucky to get out without taking an L.
            Yeah, wow! Nice work, Eddy M!

Comment

• Dunn? Cishek? Mujica? Who's the guy to own behind Nunez? McKeon said Mujica earlier, but....
              12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
              1B-Cron
              2B- Villar
              SS- Andrus
              3B-Baez
              MI-L. Gurriel
              CI- Y.Gurriel
              OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
              UTIL- Benintendi
              BENCH: Pence, Dyson
              SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
              RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
              IL: Buxton

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                Dunn? Cishek? Mujica? Who's the guy to own behind Nunez? McKeon said Mujica earlier, but....
                the answer is.......................................none
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Guy in our league picked up Cishek yesterday, waived Capuano - who had a 2-hit, 13-K shutout of the Braves tonight. Owner had Capuano since opening day.
                  lol
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Oops. At least Cishek got a save tonight.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• I have more saves this week in a league where I own Rex Brothers, Bobby Parnell, Frank Francisco, and Steve Cishek than in a league where I'm in the H2H playoffs and own Madson, Guerra, Valverde, Putz, and Nunez (I dropped Nunez -- too late, it appears, as his 9 runs given up in a little over 2 innings may have done me in).

I hate closers.

Comment

• Anyone know why Peralta got the save today? I have him in a tight race where I need saves and considering Kyle hadn't pitched in a few days was surprised (but glad) to see this.

EDIT: Word is mild elbow soreness but may not keep him out tomorrow.
                        Last edited by Big Tymer; 08-27-2011, 04:38 PM. Reason: new info

Comment

• Can I officially cross Fernando Salas off the closer list now?

Comment

• Originally posted by bweiser831 View Post
                            Can I officially cross Fernando Salas off the closer list now?

Comment

• as good as Motte has been, how do you bump Salas out of the closer job when he's been so good this year? 2.34 era.
                              Last edited by cardboardbox; 08-29-2011, 10:52 AM.
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                                as good as Motte has been, how to you bump Salas out of the closer job when he's been so good this year? 2.34 era.
                                LaRussa is still in STL.

Comment

Working...
                                X