No announcement yet.

2015 RJ Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really wanted Jansen and his 100+ K's here, but I had to zag instead. Nice pick littlebilly3...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Tried to PM bryanbutler but his PMs are full.

Evan Gattis in round 5? What kind of an expert would take a second rate catcher in round 5 of a mixed league draft?!?
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Got my picks in over the weekend (Fantrax worked fine on Safari on my iPhone, didn't try the app) but didn't get to post them here. Hope that's OK.

As for the picks themselves.... really struggled with Lester vs. Zimmermann. Figured Lester has more K upside. Hate letting Zim and his prefect mechanics go, but he does have trade risk that could put him in a tougher park. Thought about letting both go around the turn and seeing if either got picked.

Thought I might be too early on Yelich - his stats last year weren't great. 9 HR and 21 steals? Thought he was better than that. But he just turned 23 so I hope he has room to grow. Given his GB rates I'm a little worried he's Heyward 2.0 and will never live up to the hype, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope for the best.

Comment

• That's some serious Rusney Castillo love.

Maybe Mookie was high too but I also love him so I understand that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            Got my picks in over the weekend (Fantrax worked fine on Safari on my iPhone, didn't try the app) but didn't get to post them here. Hope that's OK.

As for the picks themselves.... really struggled with Lester vs. Zimmermann. Figured Lester has more K upside. Hate letting Zim and his prefect mechanics go, but he does have trade risk that could put him in a tougher park. Thought about letting both go around the turn and seeing if either got picked.

Thought I might be too early on Yelich - his stats last year weren't great. 9 HR and 21 steals? Thought he was better than that. But he just turned 23 so I hope he has room to grow. Given his GB rates I'm a little worried he's Heyward 2.0 and will never live up to the hype, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope for the best.
            I like Yelich, and am a Marlin fan. Yelich should be a decent player and his power should increase a bit, but I don't see the comparison to Heyward. People were mentioning Heyward as the next super star when he came up. Heyward was talked about in terms of Mays and Aaron. I have not heard those kind of expectations mentioned for Yelich.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Tried to PM bryanbutler but his PMs are full.

Evan Gattis in round 5? What kind of an expert would take a second rate catcher in round 5 of a mixed league draft?!?
              LOL...well, ya know, we have a 21 team draft, as opposed to the 15 teamer you refer to. So I actually took him in something like round 7. Genius I say!

Yeah, Castillo may have been a bit early, but I know that there's at least on Red Sox fan who may have taken him before me...besides, the guy could be a 20/20 guy, IMO.
              Last edited by Hornsby; 01-26-2015, 09:08 AM.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Fixed

Every...single...draft...on...Roto...Junkie...and. ..the...same...issues.
                Yeah, and after this many years ya think people would just accept that we all have lives outside of the drafts here and things won't be moving at the speed some desire.
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• I've set the timer at 6 hours, more consistent with past practice. I'll continue to adjust to avoid it the 6 hours period running during the 9 am to 9 pm et time period.

Comment

• Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                    I like Yelich, and am a Marlin fan. Yelich should be a decent player and his power should increase a bit, but I don't see the comparison to Heyward. People were mentioning Heyward as the next super star when he came up. Heyward was talked about in terms of Mays and Aaron. I have not heard those kind of expectations mentioned for Yelich.
                    Yeah I wasn't thinking so much about team hype as fantasy hype... and maybe I forgot just how high Heyward's expectations were. Yelich is a guy who came up young, runs well, and probably hits too many grounders to develop into a consistent 25-HR guy. All of those things sound like Heyward to me.

Comment

• I don't think Yelich will ever be someone who will be a home run hitter. Twenty five seems like a reach unless his approach changes. I see him as more of a Tony Gwynn approach guy, but obviously not as good.

Comment

• Sorry, I timed out this weekend. Thought I had the queue but obviously did not. I'm on edge now and will make sure I end up with the fastest draft times in the end!
                        Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

• Betances was phenomenal last season, but he scares me a bit because of the addition of Andrew Miller. Plus, the Yankees haven't announced that he's the main guy yet, nor have they finished their off-season buying.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Betances was phenomenal last season, but he scares me a bit because of the addition of Andrew Miller. Plus, the Yankees haven't announced that he's the main guy yet, nor have they finished their off-season buying.
                            Yeah, could be a bad pick. Considering I never take a closer this early it will probably be a bad pick. I do think he will be the closer, he probably won't have as many strikeouts as last year but I think whatever role he's in he'll be just as good. Hopefully he gets the saves.
                            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Thanks. I thought it may be a little early but I was fairly certain he wouldn't make it back to me

Comment

• Originally posted by littlebilly3 View Post
                                Thanks. I thought it may be a little early but I was fairly certain he wouldn't make it back to me
                                That was a good assessment.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X