No announcement yet.

2015 RJ Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't recall if I participated last year, but if there's a slot for me, I'll do it.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      I can't recall if I participated last year, but if there's a slot for me, I'll do it.
      You did and you're in. 10 spots claimed so far, 7 returnees and 3 who didn't participate last year. The only participant from last year who hasn't left fingerprints on the site over the past month is willthethrill, awol since May.

Comment

I'm on the fence. Count me in for now but if there are more than 20 I might choose to let someone else have my spot.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          I'd love to participate if this is only a mock!
          I was assuming this would be a real league like it is every year.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Is this "real mock 1" or whatever or just a mock draft? I'm not in any leagues currently so I do have some extra time....
            Yeah, we play it out, but it's not like there's much if any trading. Just waiver wire pickups and setting your lineup when you remember!

Comment

Like any league some owners are more active than others in changing their lineups and grabbing free agents and players off of waivers, and that has some impact on the final standings. The time devoted to the draft is its own reward, in my opinion, as a start to judging the relative talent pool at the different positions and learning the views of other people who think about baseball year round regarding various players.

Comment

I'm in if you need more.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Pretty sure I was in last year....count me in.!

Comment

If you get to 20 without me, that's cool, but I'm in if I'm needed.
                    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
                      You did and you're in. 10 spots claimed so far, 7 returnees and 3 who didn't participate last year. The only participant from last year who hasn't left fingerprints on the site over the past month is willthethrill, awol since May.
                      I still lurk, just not signed in. I'm in to defend my 2nd place finish.

Comment

We are up to 14 commitments: 9 returnees plus 5 new, counting Diablo. 2 on the sidelines ready to jump in if needed in Bucky and DQ, and Pogues undecided. I've pm'ed the 7 from last year we haven't heard from.

I've set the draft to start Noon ET Wed. Jan. 21, but we can push it off further if need be or people prefer. From what I gather Fantrax is quite useful for slow drafts.

Comment

i'm in.
                          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Eh...what the hell. I'm in. It helped me a ton last year.
                            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

i'm in again.

[email protected]
                              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

I'll play if there is an open spot.
                                "Knowledge is good." ---Emil Faber

"It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat; but the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat." --- Judge Elihue Smails

"Integrity means that you are the same in public as you are in private." --- Joyce Meyer

"..........don't think; it can only hurt the ballclub." --- Crash Davis

Comment

Working...
                                X