No announcement yet.

2015 RJ Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for the delay. Let me catch up and I'll have my pick in a few minutes.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Ok, not sure everyone has figured this out regarding Fantrax. Putting players down in your draft que makes it easier to draft them when it is your turn, presuming they haven't been taken yet. BUT if you want the system to take the highest player left in your que while you are offline, you need to check the box underneath. Unless I read on here that you are away and intend to let the system pick, I won't go checking the box for you when it is your turn and your pick hasn't popped up, because I don't want to presume that is what you want just because you have put players into the que.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
        Ok, not sure everyone has figured this out regarding Fantrax. Putting players down in your draft que makes it easier to draft them when it is your turn, presuming they haven't been taken yet. BUT if you want the system to take the highest player left in your que while you are offline, you need to check the box underneath. Unless I read on here that you are away and intend to let the system pick, I won't go checking the box for you when it is your turn and your pick hasn't popped up, because I don't want to presume that is what you want just because you have put players into the que.
        Thanks for reminding me to uncheck my box.
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
          Thanks for reminding me to uncheck my box.
          Yea, that too. It only is really good for one round at a time.

Comment

• So how long does DJ have to pick? And do we follow the usual protocol of skipping his next picks as well, until he makes it up?
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I set it at the outset of the second round for 8 hours thinking that is what we used in the past for the first part of the draft, and set this morning for it to give DJ around 8 hours commencing around 9 am ET . But actually I see know what we used in the past was 4 hours with 6 on weekend. We have plenty of time to do this, and I don't want to cut it back to that until at least after this the weekend. I was hoping that the e-mail notification of the turn to pick would help in alerting drafters.

Anyone who gets skipped and doesn't get back to me with a pick before it is time to pick again I'll use the settings to skip that next pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                It was very hard for me to pick between Hanley and Tulo. Nice pick. Hanley is slotted to play outfield and bat cleanup for the Sox. That's a pretty awesome position to be in for a guy who's still SS eligible.
                I thought you'd take HanRam there for sure. Him lasting until 2.10 really surprised me.

Your point about having to reach is a good one. I should have heeded it last round.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• No he will time out around 5 pm ET, 8 hours from 9 am ET when the clock for today started. The system will automatically skip him and move on to the next in line. What Hornsby was talking about was about the way back down--he gets skipped w/o an hour 8 wait if he doesn't get back with him missing pick by that time.

Comment

No he will time out around 5 pm ET, 8 hours from 9 am ET when the clock for today started. The system will automatically skip him and move on to the next in line. What Hornsby was talking about was about the way back down--he gets skipped w/o an hour 8 wait if he doesn't get back with him missing pick by that time.
                    And consider adding the hours missed last night to the 8 hours started today...nobody should get a fresh clock, IMO.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Sorry The Internet got taken out by a drunk driver. Pick forth coming
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        And consider adding the hours missed last night to the 8 hours started today...nobody should get a fresh clock, IMO.
                        He didn't miss any hours last night, he didn't go on the clock until 9:45 pm, past the 9 pm time it doesn't run.

Comment

He didn't miss any hours last night, he didn't go on the clock until 9:45 pm, past the 9 pm time it doesn't run.
                          Alright, I thought that we had an 8 hour window of downtime at night...not 12. my mistake...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Quoin is on the clock for 2...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Quoin made his picks and DJ hasn't shown up yet, so I had the system skip his 4th round pick as well. He should post both his picks in chat at Fantrax and in the pick thread here so as to alert people not to take those players.

Comment

• Really like Yelich this year. Had him near the top of my queue now, but he'll be one that I'll go an extra buck or several at auction.

Comment

Working...
                                X