2015 RJ Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Alex Wood was that guy and he made it all the way back to me!
    If someone had taken de Grome, Wood was my next pick. But the guys I really wanted this round were Ozuna and Arriata.

Comment

Alex Wood was that guy and he made it all the way back to me!
      My last pick decision was either Wood or Moss.

Comment

I was thinking either Wood or Robertson but generally feel that early RP picks are kind of a waste.
        I took RPs in the middle rounds last year and it was pretty bad. But D-Rob had 96 Ks last year so I'm hoping he can finish closer to that Chapman/Kimbrel tier than people realize.

Comment

• So close to getting on a big roll this morning lol

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            I took RPs in the middle rounds last year and it was pretty bad. But D-Rob had 96 Ks last year so I'm hoping he can finish closer to that Chapman/Kimbrel tier than people realize.
            I looked at last year's draft, and it seems the half dozen closers taken in Rounds 3 through 6 returned value, and sixth rounder Robertson was one of them. After that it turned out to be a crapshoot.

Comment

• Closers are always a crapshoot IMO. I never draft one, or pay the premium for a closer, since there's somewhere around a 40% turnover rate during the season. In the RJEL, I've currently got 2 closers and a potential 3rd (Giles) for a total of 10 bucks. And they may bomb out, but I'll just go and hunt for the next one...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
                I looked at last year's draft, and it seems the half dozen closers taken in Rounds 3 through 6 returned value, and sixth rounder Robertson was one of them. After that it turned out to be a crapshoot.
                Yup. I took Jim Henderson and Nate Jones... woof. Luckily I also took Latroy Hawkins. Never thought I'd say those words.

Comment

You do know you have another pick, right?
                  Public service reminder that the que drafting feature doesn't bite as long as you have enough names to cover the numbers of picks until it gets to you.

Comment

You do know you have another pick, right?
                    Seriously, come on.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I'll be out of pocket until 4:30, but I set up my queue and have checked the box. I have 6 preferred players, so hopefully you all won't f me!

Comment

• Just picked.
                        Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

• Kaboom. All three hitters I wanted just disappeared from my list.
                          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Why am I getting pushed to make my pick?
                            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• I'll be offline for a bit but my picks are lined up.

Horns - I may not be able to PM you again
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                I'll be offline for a bit but my picks are lined up.

Horns - I may not be able to PM you again
                                Alright Chance...I'm here till about 8:30PM if you need me.
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X