No announcement yet.

2015 RJ Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They add guys pretty quickly. I was automatically signed up to get e-mails on which players they were adding, but I shut them off the guys were so obscure. Chances are if you see the fat kid across the street being dragged by his mom to sign up for Little League, he'll be in their data base shortly.

Comment

• Making great time on this, almost to the 20th round in a little over 16 days.

One snag is that in the past couple of years we've done the 5 round reserves in reverse order: 21-20-19, etc. It doesn't appear I can change the order of the rounds, however. One remedy is to have the system skip everyone in the 23rd round, then start the reserve draft with quoin as 24.1. We could then do the 5th round here on the board, and I could fill in those players in the 23rd round of the draft.

Comment

• Do we have to fill our active roster before picking reserves? I can't remember.

Comment

• No. And scratch my comment above, I can adjust the order by making trades.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
            No. And scratch my comment above, I can adjust the order by making trades.
            I thought we were picking actives first. Certainly would have changed some of my picks had I known we weren't.

Comment

• Originally posted by the heat View Post
              I thought we were picking actives first. Certainly would have changed some of my picks had I known we weren't.
              As much as I hate picking starters before reserves (and taking Josh Hamilton is a great reason why), it does say in the first post that we have to.

Comment

• I've drafted Reserves in almost all my starting spots..............
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  I've drafted Reserves in almost all my starting spots..............
                  Take my catcher, please.

I was going on Piney's memory in the second post. I don't think a vote was ever held; my recollection is that the people who wanted to do away with the requirement slightly outnumbered those who wanted to do away with it, so left it at that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
                    I'm up for doing this again, and doing the scutwork to get it up and keep it going as long as we don't start for another couple of weeks to permit me to get beyond some projects at work. Post here if you want in; anyone who participated last year and doesn't post I'll message later this week or so. General parameters of the draft set forth below. For anyone who hasn't done it in the past, it's a good way to get your head back into baseball for the upcoming season. 20 teams was the limit because that is the limit on Yahoo.

I've looked at Fantrax as a place that looks like it can handle a large slow draft (including e-mails on picks) and be the free stat site during the season. Does anyone have any experience with that site for drafting? It could even go bigger than the 20 team limit on Yahoo.

Previous parameters:

Standard 5x5 roto scoring.

27-man rosters: 13 hitters (C,1B,3B,CI,2B,SS,MI,OF,OF,OF,OF,OF,UT), 9 pitchers (SP,SP,SP,RP,RP,P,P,P,P), 5 reserves (any).

Position eligibility is 15 games played last season for draft purposes (or the majority of games played for those players who did not play 15 games at any one position).

Starters must be picked before reserves.
                    Says right here that starters must be picked before reserves.
                    "Knowledge is good." ---Emil Faber

"It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat; but the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat." --- Judge Elihue Smails

"Integrity means that you are the same in public as you are in private." --- Joyce Meyer

"..........don't think; it can only hurt the ballclub." --- Crash Davis

Comment

• Oh great. Now we have to start all over.
                      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        I've drafted Reserves in almost all my starting spots..............
                        While I am one of the people who think allowing reserves to be picked before filling out a roster is wrong. You already did it big deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                          While I am one of the people who think allowing reserves to be picked before filling out a roster is wrong. You already did it big deal.
                          I was making a joke lol I haven't filled any reserve slots....my starters will put up stats like reserve slot players lol
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I think I took the first reserve, Moncada, when I took him, I had an OF slot which I could slide Zobrist into to put Moncada at 2nd. I could cut my last pick and repick a pitcher, but I thought that we were ok picking anyone

Let me know what you want me to do
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                              I think I took the first reserve, Moncada, when I took him, I had an OF slot which I could slide Zobrist into to put Moncada at 2nd. I could cut my last pick and repick a pitcher, but I thought that we were ok picking anyone

You have to give me your first round pick.
                              "Knowledge is good." ---Emil Faber

"It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat; but the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat." --- Judge Elihue Smails

"Integrity means that you are the same in public as you are in private." --- Joyce Meyer

"..........don't think; it can only hurt the ballclub." --- Crash Davis

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                                I think I took the first reserve, Moncada, when I took him, I had an OF slot which I could slide Zobrist into to put Moncada at 2nd. I could cut my last pick and repick a pitcher, but I thought that we were ok picking anyone

That's what I figured, and knew Fantrax was not smart enough to figure that out.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X