X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's okay if it is on your list.

Comment

• go to 4:42.

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• More coincidences ... I saw this comment from Erik "I will go as well because I know that ElD hates this band." Then I thought to myself, ElD won't care getting skipped anyway. Then I sang "we care a lot" in my head. Then 2 minutes later Faith No More get picked.

Weird.

Comment

• Nice pick sheep, I'd forgotten about that one.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I had The River on my main list, but I've always felt it was a bit patchy. I was meaning to give it another listen before I made my mind up ...

The best tracks are among his finest.

On fire!

Containing one of Bruce's wow moments ...

"Now those memories come back to haunt me
            They haunt me like a curse
            Is a dream a lie if it don't come true
            Or is it something worse"

Cut any deeper Bruce?
            Last edited by johnnya24; 11-29-2013, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Nice pick sheep, I'd forgotten about that one.
              I hate to admit it, but I had forgotten it, too. Which is unconscionable, because every mix tip I made for driving to Gallup, New Mexico in the 90's opened with From Out Of Nowhere.

It's funny what made me remember it. I was playing cards in my poker league Wednesday night, and Sail On by The Commodores popped up on the jukebox, causing our dealer, an 80's hair band fanatic, to comment that Lionel Richie was one of the five greatest songwriters in the modern era of popular music. A spirited debate ensued, with people shouting out Lionel Richie's best and worst songs and praising or ripping them accordingly. When somebody brought up Easy, and I said "His version, or Faith No More's?" Which then got me thinking "Why is The Real Thing not on my draft list?" Which made me pull it off the shelf and listen to it yesterday. Which made me wonder why I don't listen to it more than I do, because it still sounds great.

So, there you go, from out of nowhere...
              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                I though we were not to mention albums that are eligible but not yet picked?
                Yeah, my bad, but this is the founder of Lillith Fair in an all-male draft, so I wasn't thinking that her stuff would be highly sought after.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Again, based on music fanatics I know, I figured The Real Thing and The River would have gone much earlier.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Lists are updated ...

I seem to be in a death match with Revo for the crucial "team with the fewest words" award.

Johnny:

8 single word albums
                    5 double word albums
                    2 albums with 3-5 words

4 Single word bands
                    7 double word bands
                    4 triple word bands

Revo:

4 single word albums
                    5 double word albums
                    3 triple word albums
                    3 albums with 4-5 words

4 Single word bands
                    10 double word bands
                    1 triple word bands

Comment

• Nice pick with Philip Glass. He was on my main list, but I doubt I would have picked him in this particular draft. He is very influential to a lot of the ambient and electronic music I like.

EDIT: I deleted that clip ... it contains some work that was originally released in our period.

I doubt anyone going to pick another Philip Glass record, but rules are rules. If you want a link to the perfect record to put your kids peacefully to sleep, PM me ... it makes me want to sleep listening to it
                      Last edited by johnnya24; 11-29-2013, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• Time for The River to get a fresh listen. Perhaps a rediscovery al la My Bloody Valentine is in order.

"The ties that BI-YI-YI-YI-YI-YI-YI-YI-YI-YI-YI-YI-YIIIIIIIIIIND/
                        Now you can't BRAY-YAY-YAY-YAY-YAY-YAY-YAY-YAY-YAY-YAAAAAAAAAKE the ties that bind"

We're in trouble right out of the gate. Was there really nobody in that studio with the balls to say "Dude, that sounds ridiculous, re-cut that vocal"?

Sherry Darling - Jesus, how many times has he gone to this thematic well? Keep grinding, sheep...

70's production really served his music better than 80's production.

What's the expiration date on daddy angst? Does everybody really carry this sh!t around with them into their 30's?

Hungry Heart is a good single.

Fuck me running, another song about being trapped in a small town and driving around in the streets with your blue collar girlfriend? What the fuck, are there walls around New Jersey or something? If you don't like it, just leave. JUST FREAKIN' LEAVE!

Fuggit, I'm tapping out. There's just no hope for me and Bruce. Whatever it is about him that makes critics and fans cream their shorts is eternally lost on me.
                        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                          Fuck me running, another song about being trapped in a small town and driving around in the streets with your blue collar girlfriend? What the fuck, are there walls around New Jersey or something? If you don't like it, just leave. JUST FREAKIN' LEAVE!
                          Lol, I remember saying that when some New Jersey state reps were actually pushing to make "Born To Run" the official state anthem. The song was about getting the hell out of Jersey!

And I agree with the rest of your post, too; no offense, Brucies.
                          One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Am I up? I can't open the draft thread on my phone. It crashes my browser.
                            Yeah 16.06 ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                              Yeah, my bad, but this is the founder of Lillith Fair in an all-male draft, so I wasn't thinking that her stuff would be highly sought after.
                              I picked a Lilith Fair chick many rounds ago - Fiona Apple

by the way - I went to a Lilith Fair show and everyone except for The Cardigans was quite excellent

Comment

• Yeah, I really wanted that Fiona Apple album too.

I have several additional "chick-esque" artists on my list.

Comment

Working...
                                X