*** Post-1979 Album Draft - Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ManCalledFoot View Post
    Ha, Mith, I see that Caress Of Steel T-shirt! You look totally different from what I expected, I must say.

FB looking very debonair....
    What did you expect?

I never had a real clear picture of what i thought you look like..but I am not surprised at your appearance.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Sorry for the delay, I just lost my mind and forgot that I'd be up again very quickly.

However, I had time to reflect on grunge. I thought of a group I do like from that scene, Mudhoney.

Here I am with my guitar:

Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• I agree that both Sinead O'Connor albums are great - but I like Mandinka (the song) played at high decibels

Comment

• Love "Borderline". Also love "Burnin up". Nice pick.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            I am digging some of the Morphine songs...especially "Have a Lucky Day" and "You Speak My Language"
            That's funny, so am I. I'd heard of them, but with that name I thought they were more of a grunge/thrash band. I was surprised to hear they're mopey doomsters with a tragic frontman, so I'm like SIGN ME UP.
            One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Of course...I pictured you with long gray hair for some reason.
              More Burl Ives than Richard Beltzer was always my thought on Mith as well
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                I am digging some of the Morphine songs...especially "Have a Lucky Day" and "You Speak My Language"
                You Speak My Language is my favorite track of theirs, check out "Jack and Tina" and "Sheila" as well
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Saw Morphine in concert a long time ago, great live and Sandman was a really likeable frontman. He was revered in Boston - an intersection in Cambridge is named after him, and a music education charity is named after him.

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• I'm stunned that Syncronicity lasted this long....I had Madonna and that Sinead album on my list as well.....but wow, who knew Pogues was Cousin Oliver?

Comment

• This is my favorite Morhine track, don't think anyone has posted it so far
                      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• I was finally going to pick Synchronicity and then poof gone-

I think that we were not necessarily sick of The Police by then but rather felt that our gem of a punkish trio had become a little bloated and that the rest of the world co-opted them from us

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                          I was finally going to pick Synchronicity and then poof gone-

I think that we were not necessarily sick of The Police by then but rather felt that our gem of a punkish trio had become a little bloated and that the rest of the world co-opted them from us
                          They certainly sounded much more produced by then, similar to what happened with REM and U2. But I think the over-production worked much better for THe Police, because of Copeland's talent.

Comment

• I just heard Synchronicity on 1st wave - it is still a damn good song

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                              More Burl Ives than Richard Beltzer was always my thought on Mith as well
                              Burl Ives!!! Love it. "Silver and Gold"!!!

Comment

• I am on vacation from tomorrow thru Dec. 8. I now have a smartphone so I should be able to post picks with some regularity, as long as someone sends me a PM when I am up.
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X