No announcement yet.

Rolling Stones draft signup/discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One song left from each of Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed and Sticky Fingers. Will any of them be completed?
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManCalledFoot View Post
      I'm puzzled why another B&B one isn't getting any love.
      If you're talking about the one that gets occasional radio play, I always found it kind of silly. The Stones have much better songs in that style.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
        If you're talking about the one that gets occasional radio play, I always found it kind of silly. The Stones have much better songs in that style.
        It may be a little silly, but the guitar work is really nice. I'm still thinking of picking it, even though you've totally disrespected it (and possibly me by extension). I may declare total anarchy and pick both songs left on my short list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
          It may be a little silly, but the guitar work is really nice. I'm still thinking of picking it, even though you've totally disrespected it (and possibly me by extension). I may declare total anarchy and pick both songs left on my short list.
          Ha ha, the 'controversy' still rages over this song! Back in the day I used to be in the thumbs-down camp myself, now I love it. And the lead guitar is an interesting story.
          One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• Well, the wife doesn't like either one of my last two choices, so I don't know what I'll do now. Maybe punt.

Comment

• As you can tell from my choices, i am not a fan of "slow" songs from the Rolling Stones. Apart from some early ones and Angie, the slower tunes picked in this draft do nothing for me music-wise.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                As you can tell from my choices, i am not a fan of "slow" songs from the Rolling Stones. Apart from some early ones and Angie, the slower tunes picked in this draft do nothing for me music-wise.
                Agreed. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a slow one on my roster either. Jagger's voice is best when he's rocking, and Keith's guitar only stands out when he's riffing.

Comment

• Sticky Fingers, for whatever reason, has a lot of great slow songs on it. Something about the vibe of that record. But otherwise, I agree their fast stuff is better.

Three of the four songs on It's Only Rock and Roll that I could take or leave are slow.

Comment

Sticky Fingers, for whatever reason, has a lot of great slow songs on it. Something about the vibe of that record. But otherwise, I agree their fast stuff is better.

Three of the four songs on It's Only Rock and Roll that I could take or leave are slow.
                    Sticky Fingers, like other of their albums, was very eclectic. That is part of its charm to me.

I'm certainly not a Stones expert, but it seems that the period of 1968 to 1972 was just about as powerful for them as any similar five-year period for any other band. You have to think in terms of The Beatles, Led Zeppelin and just a few more bands who put out as much great stuff in such a period.

Comment

• Looks like a late round Mick Taylor run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        Looks like a late round Mick Taylor run.
                        I haven't listened to anything from that record since the 90's (apart from the radio type tracks).

Comment

• Time Waits for No One was already picked at 4.08

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                            Time Waits for No One was already picked at 4.08
                            Oops.

Back to old school.

Comment

• For more details about this track, refer to Erik's post in the Discussion thread
                              I know nothing about it. Hard to believe, I know!

Comment

I know nothing about it. Hard to believe, I know!
                                Um discovering that a lot if their unreleased stuff is actually way better than the selected tracks.

Comment

Working...
                                X