Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Midnight Otter
    Too far?
    I don't care how far it is... you get the soap !
    --------------------------------------
    You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

• We got spanked on Wednesday 0-7.

I started out with a 218 but quickly faded. Left another 8 pin, 7-10 pocket split, not carrying strikes for a 150, then 166. Ended up with a 534. I had 7 opens (5 splits). The only other good thing after the first game was I made all 5 one pin spares (4-0 on ten pins).

No bowling for me next week as I will be out of town for our sales meeting.

Comment

• Started out 202 game one then 2 games under a deuce. Finished 580 last night. I left too many splits and they were my fault. We still took 5 of 8, but I decided to not use my best ball option and played deep inside. As long as we are winning I suppose that is ok then.
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
          Started out 202 game one then 2 games under a deuce. Finished 580 last night. I left too many splits and they were my fault. We still took 5 of 8, but I decided to not use my best ball option and played deep inside. As long as we are winning I suppose that is ok then.
          bagger...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            bagger...
            Meh - Im carrying about a 200 right now. Considering my really poor start at the beginning of this season I have raised my average by about 15 pins in the last 4 weeks. If I play what may be my optimal shot, I actually end up playing through the comfortable line for the one gal on our team. Shes is a good bowler, but moving left makes her uncomfortable so me playing the urethane ball eventually pushes oil into her line and then she really struggles. I would rather keep her carrying her 180ish avg and me around a 200 than me moving up 10 pins and her losing 20.

Im always a team player!
            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• I had a horrible first game this week - then bowled a 200 which is good for me and then hit my avg 170 in game 3 ( no strikes) But we went 7-0 - so a good night for the team. we also got done about a half an hour before the next team. We were bowling the Moose and they are always the first team done - Speed bowling!!!!!

Comment

• Slow bowlers may be my biggest pet peeve at the lanes!

Seriously! Get up - line up - and execute your shot. When you throw a straight ball there is nothing to consider!! Last night the gal would literally stand with her ball in hand, lined up to throw and take 30 seconds to start her approach. Now 30 seconds doesnt sound like a lot, but when she does it for 2 balls every frame over the course of a night people are waiting almost an extra half hour just to watch her contemplate throwing a straight ball up the 15 board. PAINFUL!

Comment

Slow bowlers may be my biggest pet peeve at the lanes!

Seriously! Get up - line up - and execute your shot. When you throw a straight ball there is nothing to consider!! Last night the gal would literally stand with her ball in hand, lined up to throw and take 30 seconds to start her approach. Now 30 seconds doesnt sound like a lot, but when she does it for 2 balls every frame over the course of a night people are waiting almost an extra half hour just to watch her contemplate throwing a straight ball up the 15 board. PAINFUL!
                  We are always the last or second last pair of the night. I am not the problem! I have come to accept it as my in game anger at slow bowling does not help my scores. In addition we usually hang out in the lounge for about an hour so the extra 15 minutes is more in my head than reality. I have an hour drive home on top of it.

Comment

Meh - Im carrying about a 200 right now. Considering my really poor start at the beginning of this season I have raised my average by about 15 pins in the last 4 weeks. If I play what may be my optimal shot, I actually end up playing through the comfortable line for the one gal on our team. Shes is a good bowler, but moving left makes her uncomfortable so me playing the urethane ball eventually pushes oil into her line and then she really struggles. I would rather keep her carrying her 180ish avg and me around a 200 than me moving up 10 pins and her losing 20.

Im always a team player!
                    Haha. Screw that. Unless you're talking big money. I would rather bowl good and lose than bowl bad and win.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• I cut my thumb last Sunday, right one of course. Couldn't bowl.
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• 167-235-238 = 640

Worst game of the season in the 1st game. 3 splits and a chop of the 2-4-5. Just made some poor shots as the line was there all night.

Average stayed at 215.

In the 3rd game I left a 10 pin in the 10th frame. Pulled the shot and missed it. The other captain left a 9-pin. He just needed to make it to win the game. He threw it in the gutter. He is a 200 average bowler. My team won by 1 pin!

Comment

• I hate the lanes that I bowl on Tuesday nights. The only reason I am bowling there is that my wife's boss needed another bowler for the team. Seriously the high average in the league is about 190. Im running around 180 (about 20 pins below my normal) and struggle to get to the pocket all night. I dont want to stop, but I really dont enjoy it. The only way for me to have a reasonable shot is playing the urethane ball - im done trying to play any other shot other than up 7.

Suffice to say last night sucked!

Comment

• I had a meh night. 2 Avg game then my usual 3rd bad game because my - knee/ hip started hurting. But we beat the first place team 5-2 ( all 3 games coming down to the last frame) so it was a fun team night.

Comment

• So one of the guys I bowl with on Thursdays texts me today. He knows my frustration with the place I bowl on Tuesdays. His text tells me that the house I bowl in on Tuesdays is borrowing an oiling machine from another house every few days. Its no wonder that the shot is just so weird and inconsistent. Gonna be a long season.

Comment

So one of the guys I bowl with on Thursdays texts me today. He knows my frustration with the place I bowl on Tuesdays. His text tells me that the house I bowl in on Tuesdays is borrowing an oiling machine from another house every few days. Its no wonder that the shot is just so weird and inconsistent. Gonna be a long season.
                                A modern oil machine costs upwards of $50,000 brand new...

Comment

Working...
                                X