No announcement yet.

Bowling 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night I couldnt get my thumb in the ball when prior to warmups, so I had the pro shop open up the hole a bit. Im not sure what happened but I think the guy made the hole more oval than the actual circle opening I had. Anyway, when we started warmups I had a hard time getting the ball off my thumb.

I think my release was a bit off early because of it and I was stuggling to get back to the pocket as I was coming around the ball and spinning it more than rolling it. I finished game 1 with a 188. Game 2 I made a ball change but was not being real consistent with the shot I was trying to play, and went back to the urethane ball. Missed a 10 pin but strung 4 strikes and managed a 203. The last game I started with the first 3 and then left the Greek Church - still not sure how that happened other than the ball jumping in the back because I liked it off the hand. Anyway, I got 3 out that mess put together a few more strikes and stayed clean finished with a 220 for a 611.

Considering the start - I will take it. My team will likely fall out of 1st as we only took 1 point.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Here you go guys
      http://http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2017/11/12/261711586/mookie-betts-bowled-a-perfect-300-game-in-pba-qualifying-round

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        And it still hooks?
        Indeed it does! I only bowl once a week though.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• It's all luck anyway!
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            It's all luck anyway!
            Are you going to use this when you harp on Mookie struggling next year?
            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Awesome! Thanks.

Mookie said it was about his 10th perfect game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                Are you going to use this when you harp on Mookie struggling next year?
                I doubt that i will own Mookie next year. Going to spend my money on Altuve!!

Comment

• On the subject of luck in bowling.

I have been bowling pretty much my entire life since age 5. I have averaged around 215 for the last 20 years or so. I have NEVER had an 800 series and have 1 perfect game. I had 3 other chances at perfection, 296-297-299. I only bowl once a week so I am around 90-99 games per bowling season. You would think that someone averaging 215 would have at least 1 800 series and multiple 300 games, so why don't I?

One reason might be that the ball that I throw (speed, angle of attack, rotations, revs, etc) is strong enough to bowl consistently around 215 as an average, but just not powerful enough to bowl 800 series' or 300 games.

I know that I harp on luck in sports and you guys get tired of that trope, but dammit, I will staunchly stick to the reason that I don't have an 800 series or more "300" games is because I am not "lucky" enough.

You would think that just one night everything would go my way and i would get that 800 series...but nooooooooooo....

Thoughts?

Comment

On the subject of luck in bowling.

I have been bowling pretty much my entire life since age 5. I have averaged around 215 for the last 20 years or so. I have NEVER had an 800 series and have 1 perfect game. I had 3 other chances at perfection, 296-297-299. I only bowl once a week so I am around 90-99 games per bowling season. You would think that someone averaging 215 would have at least 1 800 series and multiple 300 games, so why don't I?

One reason might be that the ball that I throw (speed, angle of attack, rotations, revs, etc) is strong enough to bowl consistently around 215 as an average, but just not powerful enough to bowl 800 series' or 300 games.

I know that I harp on luck in sports and you guys get tired of that trope, but dammit, I will staunchly stick to the reason that I don't have an 800 series or more "300" games is because I am not "lucky" enough.

You would think that just one night everything would go my way and i would get that 800 series...but nooooooooooo....

Thoughts?
                    What is your high series?

Comment

• I think an 800 series is harder to get than a 300.
                      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

What is your high series?
                        I have a few in the 770's.

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                          I think an 800 series is harder to get than a 300.
                          I agree. But why don't I have one?

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                            I think an 800 series is harder to get than a 300.
                            It is. Something like 3-4 times harder.

300 takes 12 good shots. 800 takes 36.

I have one 300 in my lifetime and one 800 (actually 811).

The 300 was not part of the 811.

My 811 was 278, 255, 278. Kind of funny; I was cleaning the basement on Saturday and came across the score sheet from the 811.

Comment

It is. Something like 3-4 times harder.

300 takes 12 good shots. 800 takes 36.

I have one 300 in my lifetime and one 800 (actually 811).

The 300 was not part of the 811.

My 811 was 278, 255, 278. Kind of funny; I was cleaning the basement on Saturday and came across the score sheet from the 811.
                              I have had series' where all i had for 3 games was either a strike or a 10 -pin. 36 good shots!

I have had numerous series that were all strikes or 9 counts. 33-36 in the pocket.

Comment

I have had series' where all i had for 3 games was either a strike or a 10 -pin. 36 good shots!

I have had numerous series that were all strikes or 9 counts. 33-36 in the pocket.
                                I was answering the which is harder question not the why you don't have one yet question.

Comment

Working...
                                X