Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
    Had a 650 last night.

Got lined up pretty quickly in warm-ups. Frame 6 my ball started sliding by the head pin - made a ball change right away instead of fighting it. Finished game 1 192.

Game 2 I started with a strike. Pulled the ball 2nd frame left 4/7/10. Ran a string of 8 and finished 255.

Shot change in gm 3 and I started by moving left, but was sliding past the head pin again. So I changed balls and straightened the shot out a bit closing with a 203.

Only had 4 opens last night and 3 were splits. OOOF!
    Nice night.

Splits are one of the issues I have when I try to straighten my shot out. I can also leave some ringing 10 pins.

I had a good night Wed. as well. 207, 225, 222 for a 654.

Only two opens. One split and I chopped the 10 off the 6/10. Blew the rack and left an 8 pin which I converted. Even the other team said that one wasn't right.

We only went 2-5 as the other team bowled out of their minds.

Comment

• The good news is we went 5-2.

The bad news I shot 535.

It was a weird night/shot. I had a 9.13 first ball ave. Only had 11 strikes. Had 6 opens; 4 were splits. Two of the splits were in the 10th frame. Grind out night.

Comment

• Getting a new ball today. Ebonite Verdict Pearl.

Im having this ball drilled pin down so that I dont have a big left turn, rather a more consistent arcing shot. Really looking forward to trying this ball out.
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
          Getting a new ball today. Ebonite Verdict Pearl.

Im having this ball drilled pin down so that I dont have a big left turn, rather a more consistent arcing shot. Really looking forward to trying this ball out.
          I hope the ball is a blessing to your bowling game. Have fun!

Comment

• Thanks - League tonight - avg is finally back to 200. Struggled early in the season and got back to basics. My only other pearl ball is a Storm Tropical Heat that has a very hockey stick type reaction. The new ball looks like something I can a house shot 12 to 7 and have a nice reaction and carry into the pocket.

I really like these guys ball reviews:

It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
            Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• We completed our 2017-2018 season last Wednesday. We went 6-1. Unfortunately we ended up in second place 2 points out of first.

I shot a 628. Games of 248, 159, and 221.

It was an exciting year. I look forward to summer league in 4 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                We completed our 2017-2018 season last Wednesday. We went 6-1. Unfortunately we ended up in second place 2 points out of first.

I shot a 628. Games of 248, 159, and 221.

It was an exciting year. I look forward to summer league in 4 weeks.
                So what did you finish up with average-wise? Were you happy with the season you had? I tried Summer league once, never again as I found that I need a break from bowling.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  So what did you finish up with average-wise? Were you happy with the season you had? I tried Summer league once, never again as I found that I need a break from bowling.
                  I was personally not happy with my ave. I ended up with 188 and change. This was my worst season in ten years or more. We bowl trimesters and I blew chunks the first trimester with a 179 ave.

This is will be my 3rd year of summer league. I am not sure if it helps or hurts. It is a 13 week league on Thursday nights. It is fun.

Comment

Working...
                  X