Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    And on the 7th one she laughed...
    Probably - she probably thought I deserved it........ prude!
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Bowled at my "favorite" place last night. The night started with a decent shot 15 to 10, occasionally the carry would get weird. Started with a split was on pace for a deuce and the shot started changing and left big splits in 9 and 10

Game 2 I managed a deuce with 3 opens (2 splits and a 10 pin)

Game 3 couple splits and a deuce. Series was 590's
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• I was able to go 2-4 on seven pins woo hoo... not. Add that to lot's of taps, and the inability to string strikes and ended up with 553. Games of 191,182,180.

I felt like I bowled better than I scored.

At least we went 5-2 as a team

Comment

• I went 584 last night had a real good game 1 - 243. Then the shot just deteriorated and by the end of the night I was lucky to hit the pocket.

I can live with a 584, but I had such really good potential and just lost the shot.

Oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
            I went 584 last night had a real good game 1 - 243. Then the shot just deteriorated and by the end of the night I was lucky to hit the pocket.

I can live with a 584, but I had such really good potential and just lost the shot.

Oh well.
            Yep. When I start with a big number and then falter I am more disappointed than if I start out short and finish strong.

With a 243 I expect to at least get me six.

Comment

• With a 243 start I would like to expect at least a 650.

Comment

With a 243 start I would like to expect at least a 650.
                That is because you are a much better bowler than me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  That is because you are a much better bowler than me.
                  Not with how my average has been this last year. I should be a 210 and am barely at 200 or just under it. Ive been working on my release a bunch over the last year. Im not consistent in my release on ball one and mechanically I get quick to the line causing me to pull the shot - tightening my line and causing weird splits.

Always things to work on.

Comment

• 4-3 last night. We got spanked hard the first game. Won the last game by 1 pin.

I was ok, still couldn't string strikes. 190-203-187 for a 580.

Comment

• I had to quit again this year...sadly

Work and family issues had me missing the last 5 weeks and i just lost the desire to go back
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        I had to quit again this year...sadly

Work and family issues had me missing the last 5 weeks and i just lost the desire to go back
                        I am sorry to read this.

i pray all works out for you and yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          I had to quit again this year...sadly

Mith - Sorry that you may be experiencing a rough stretch. Hopefully things get better and you have some other things that allow you momentary escapes. Bowling for me was a way to turn off the brain and just be in a moment. Now that I work at home it is one of my social outlets where I actually get to talk to someone other than my wife.

Comment

• Had a 614 last night. Started and finished solidly with games in the 220's, but game 2 I pulled 3 balls through the nose leaving me big splits so a big night was ruined by the operator this week.

Happy with the 614 as I covered up my spares other than the big splits, though I did pick up the 2,4,6,7.

Won all 3 hands of poker last night also.

Comment

Mith - Sorry that you may be experiencing a rough stretch. Hopefully things get better and you have some other things that allow you momentary escapes. Bowling for me was a way to turn off the brain and just be in a moment. Now that I work at home it is one of my social outlets where I actually get to talk to someone other than my wife.
                              Thanks. Its going ok. Appreciate the kind words guys.
                              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Had a 650 last night.

Got lined up pretty quickly in warm-ups. Frame 6 my ball started sliding by the head pin - made a ball change right away instead of fighting it. Finished game 1 192.

Game 2 I started with a strike. Pulled the ball 2nd frame left 4/7/10. Ran a string of 8 and finished 255.

Shot change in gm 3 and I started by moving left, but was sliding past the head pin again. So I changed balls and straightened the shot out a bit closing with a 203.

Only had 4 opens last night and 3 were splits. OOOF!

Comment

Working...
                                X