No announcement yet.

Bowling 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun night of bowling tonight it was playoff night for the 2nd of 3 rounds we were playing for 4th so just a throw away night. Got to see a 299 game - one lane over . And the team I was bowling had a women on it who threw a 698 Seris . She was the third bowler and so was I so after beating me the first game ( she had a 258) we started to talk shit ( in a fun way) I started the 2nd game with 2 splits she open with a 4 bagger and I was down a bunch in the 5 th. My teammates were cheering her on . In the fifth she rolled a 8 spare and I had a 9 spare. The first frame I beat her all night . I stood up and announce to the league I had just beat her the first frame of the night and was going to strike out and beat her. I proceeded to strike out to the tenth announcing LOUDLY to everyone I was hunting her down. Thought I was going to catch her in the eighth as she had a 7,4 10 split that some how she picked up . I spared - 9 in the tenth for a 199 and she got a Strike spare to finish with a 213.

I wear a black tee shirt when I bowl that sez Swag meter and shows the meter on Full . All in all a really fun night.

Comment

• That sounds like a fun night!
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• I did bowl last Thursday night. However, I hadnt posted anything as my kids had come into town earlier in the day from MN to visit for a week (for Christmas). I dont remember what my scores were, though I do remember 621 as the series final. It was a fun night and I just remember getting home and drinking and eating and having a great time until about 1am. Fortunately I didnt have to work until today.

We shall see what happens tonight.
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• I missed bowling yet again this past Monday. Weather sucked. it was about 5 degrees and ice and snow. i don't drive in that crap to go bowling !

This Monday supposed to be in the 50's, so i should be bowling.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
            Fun night of bowling tonight it was playoff night for the 2nd of 3 rounds we were playing for 4th so just a throw away night. Got to see a 299 game - one lane over . And the team I was bowling had a women on it who threw a 698 Seris . She was the third bowler and so was I so after beating me the first game ( she had a 258) we started to talk shit ( in a fun way) I started the 2nd game with 2 splits she open with a 4 bagger and I was down a bunch in the 5 th. My teammates were cheering her on . In the fifth she rolled a 8 spare and I had a 9 spare. The first frame I beat her all night . I stood up and announce to the league I had just beat her the first frame of the night and was going to strike out and beat her. I proceeded to strike out to the tenth announcing LOUDLY to everyone I was hunting her down. Thought I was going to catch her in the eighth as she had a 7,4 10 split that some how she picked up . I spared - 9 in the tenth for a 199 and she got a Strike spare to finish with a 213.

I wear a black tee shirt when I bowl that sez Swag meter and shows the meter on Full . All in all a really fun night.
            Nice. That's the way to have fun at bowling!!
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Well we got beat up last night as a team losing all 7. I had one of those nights where you throw a 610 that very easily could have been a 670. I left a couple rock 9 pins and and only had 3 opens (splits) the entire night, but man those big splits will absolutely crush your scoring. Started game 1 223, and then started hanging up in the thumb hole causing me to pull the ball. Changed balls and still ended up 210'ish. Game 3 I made a ball change again to the urethane and was coming up high leaving a split. Realized that everyone was playing in the same track and the shot was really burnt up. Noticed to late I should add! SO I moved left and played deep inside and swinging the ball and strung a couple strikes. In the 10th frame I needed a strike to get a chance to win, threw a really good ball and left a soft 7 pin (really weird pin action). Got the spare and then left a buried pocket 7/10 split. Oh well - like I said 610 that could have been a 670.

Such is the game we play.

Comment

• Annnd I get to bowl in the house I hate tonight......... I wonder what will happen tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                  Annnd I get to bowl in the house I hate tonight......... I wonder what will happen tonight.

Comment

left the 2/10 split 4 times, the 2/8/10 twice and pocket 7/10 twice and the 3/6/10 three times

Im surprised I broke 500. I did not leave a single 10 pin spare all night.

Have I said I hate this house?

Comment

left the 2/10 split 4 times, the 2/8/10 twice and pocket 7/10 twice and the 3/6/10 three times

Im surprised I broke 500. I did not leave a single 10 pin spare all night.

Have I said I hate this house?
                      It would have been more fun if you said 608.

580 is not bad considering the splits you left.

Comment

• I agree a 608 would have been more fun!

Actually had 4 frames back to back start 2/8/10 - 3/10 baby split - pocket 7/10 - 2/10 - almost soul crushing.

Comment

• I had a rough start last night. 1st game I opened in the tenth for 175. 2nd game came back pretty strong but opened in the 10th again for a 212. 3rd game needed a double in the tenth to make my 600. Yanked it 7 count spare, strike for a 203.

590 on the night. Not bad. I feel like I am making some progress and better things are coming. If I do not whiff two 10th frames I make my six.

Comment

• So the only way to explain my night last night is this

7 - yes 7 pocket 9 pins..... I watched the ball miss the 9 pin each and every time. These were not high shots, these were balls that just did not deflect off the 5 and take out the 9. Series was 586. I only left 10 pin (and missed it).

On the 5th one - I worked very hard not to swear extremely loud. On the 6th one - well I offended the 75+ little old lady bowling on the pair next to me.

Comment

So the only way to explain my night last night is this

7 - yes 7 pocket 9 pins..... I watched the ball miss the 9 pin each and every time. These were not high shots, these were balls that just did not deflect off the 5 and take out the 9. Series was 586. I only left 10 pin (and missed it).

On the 5th one - I worked very hard not to swear extremely loud. On the 6th one - well I offended the 75+ little old lady bowling on the pair next to me.
                              I have never seen or heard of this before.

I have left 2 plus an 8 pin. But nothing like ths.

Comment

So the only way to explain my night last night is this

7 - yes 7 pocket 9 pins..... I watched the ball miss the 9 pin each and every time.

And on the 7th one she laughed...

Comment

Working...
                                X