No announcement yet.

Bowling 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wife and I showed up the first week and had a team with just us and 2 vacants. No problem, we will take the 210 (handicap is 90% of 220) and try to find another couple of people. Except they changed the rules and a vacant gets 170. It was the 2nd week when the computer scores with handicap was up and running before I noticed and said something. The team we bowled was 86 pins under average and we still had to bowl over average to win. So I told them this was too unfair and we are now taking the year off. Kind of sucks. I wasn't a great bowler, 175 to low 180s the last couple of years, but it was fun and got me out of the house.

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
      Last night - what a success! I opened game 1 with a 195 - missing a 10 pin and chopping the 3 off the 3, 6, 10.... Otherwise I had a 4 bagger early on and was matched up really well. I did exactly what I said I needed to do last night. STAY BEHIND THE BALL. I put enough on the ball to move it without adding a lot of extra side roll. I switched balls on my last shot in Game 1 and labeled the pocket. Game 2 continued on, I left a rock 8, a rock 9, and a flyer 10 pin. Covered all of those - bowled a perfect no tap game finished 236. Made a ball change to cut down a bit of the angle to pocket in Game 3 and had a 203.

634 series. I told myself when I got there go back to basics. So for me I was standing about the 7 board on the left side - rolling in over 17 out to about 10 and let it just come running back. Getting more forward roll stopped it from over reacting and snapping to hard. Now to continue and build on that.
      Nice bowling.

It looks like you use 3 balls not counting a spare ball. How do you go about setting those up?

I use one ball aggressive ball and move when the lanes break down. I notice that I struggle with leaving corner pins on the adjustment. If I wanted to buy a transition ball how do I figure out which one and how to drill it? Obviously it would less aggressive but how much. I can't afford to make a mistake on selecting a new ball for transition. I will have to live with my decision.

Any thoughts or tips are appreciated.

Comment

I have 4 balls that I carry....

Hammer - Bad Intentions Hybrid
        Storm - Crux
        Storm - Tropical Heat (black /silver)
        AMF - SUMO (20 year old urethane ball and 10 pin spare ball)

Last night I started with the Storm TH - moved to Hammer then Storm Crux.
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Nice bowling.

It looks like you use 3 balls not counting a spare ball. How do you go about setting those up?

I use one ball aggressive ball and move when the lanes break down. I notice that I struggle with leaving corner pins on the adjustment. If I wanted to buy a transition ball how do I figure out which one and how to drill it? Obviously it would less aggressive but how much. I can't afford to make a mistake on selecting a new ball for transition. I will have to live with my decision.

Any thoughts or tips are appreciated.
          Let me think on this a bit..... gotta do some work before I think on this one..
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
            Mostly for fun - get out of the house ( I can walk to the Bowling Ally) - but I a pretty competitive so I always want to get better. Happy if I can get my Avg in 175 range with consistency not the wild swing games. Like my Ball action in week one ( I am not a big hooker or very hard thrower so carrying strikes is hard for me.) But am Left Handed so not a lot of Action on my side of the lane.

But this ball seemed to have a nice late snap to it that gave me more strikes once I dialed it in in week one. Tho it could all take a big shit tonight.
            Not a bad night stayed around my avg _ Mid 160's all 3 games. Was horrible in the middle of game 1 picking up spares. Game 2 - five - 7 pins left on first ball. Game 3 my Hip started bothering me so I struggle but ended up with a 163 anyway.

But I am liking my new Ball - if I do everything right and hit my mark My Strike rate is a higher hen in the past,

On a good note the team won 2 out of 3 and the total against the first place team!!!!

Comment

But I am liking my new Ball - if I do everything right and hit my mark My Strike rate is a higher hen in the past,

On a good note the team won 2 out of 3 and the total against the first place team!!!!
              what is your new ball??

Comment

Let me think on this a bit..... gotta do some work before I think on this one..
                Hurry up I gotta bowl tonight!

Just kidding...well I do bowl tonight, but no hurry...unless you want to hurry then that is ok...but you don't have to unless you want to. After all it is just bowling, no big deal really, thenwhydo IgetsoangrywhenIbowlbadly...or is it bowl bad...I'll go with badly.

Comment

Just kidding...well I do bowl tonight, but no hurry...unless you want to hurry then that is ok...but you don't have to unless you want to. After all it is just bowling, no big deal really, thenwhydo IgetsoangrywhenIbowlbadly...or is it bowl bad...I'll go with badly.
                  Gregg -
                  What balls do you bring with you and what kind of a shot do you throw?

Comment

Gregg -
                    What balls do you bring with you and what kind of a shot do you throw?
                    I am currently using a Storm Snap Lock 15lbs drilled as aggressive as possible.

I usually start at the middle and throw it out to about 5 board and let it snap back. I do not know my mph, but I consider myself a tweener when it comes to speed. I found I was leaving too many 10 pins so I moved to the right 6 boards with my feet. I also moved my target from 5 to 7 and started going more down and in. I am leaving less 10 pins and carrying a few more strikes.

Somewhere about the third game the ball starts overreacting and I am forced to throw harder which makes me pull it or I move my feet to the left 3-5 boards. I don't like this as I am back to not carrying strikes as well as leaving 10 pins.

I think I would like a less aggressive ball that would just allow me to stay put when the lanes start to burn up.

Comment

Originally posted by dslaw View Post
                      The wife and I showed up the first week and had a team with just us and 2 vacants. No problem, we will take the 210 (handicap is 90% of 220) and try to find another couple of people. Except they changed the rules and a vacant gets 170. It was the 2nd week when the computer scores with handicap was up and running before I noticed and said something. The team we bowled was 86 pins under average and we still had to bowl over average to win. So I told them this was too unfair and we are now taking the year off. Kind of sucks. I wasn't a great bowler, 175 to low 180s the last couple of years, but it was fun and got me out of the house.
                      My league is 100% handicap so it doesn't matter what the averages are.
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Not a bad night stayed around my avg _ Mid 160's all 3 games. Was horrible in the middle of game 1 picking up spares. Game 2 - five - 7 pins left on first ball. Game 3 my Hip started bothering me so I struggle but ended up with a 163 anyway.

Picking up spares is so important. Especially if a bowler is having trouble striking. I know everyone knows this, but it needs said
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Is there a Pro Shop of some sort at your lanes? The guy where i bowl has a small shop, but he knows his stuff.

I hear you about the anger, but i don't get angry i get more bummed out than angry.! Monday after the first game I was thinking, "I'm tired, this isn't fun, etc.. Made my move started stringing strikes and man it was fun again!!

Comment

I am currently using a Storm Snap Lock 15lbs drilled as aggressive as possible.

I usually start at the middle and throw it out to about 5 board and let it snap back. I do not know my mph, but I consider myself a tweener when it comes to speed. I found I was leaving too many 10 pins so I moved to the right 6 boards with my feet. I also moved my target from 5 to 7 and started going more down and in. I am leaving less 10 pins and carrying a few more strikes.

Somewhere about the third game the ball starts overreacting and I am forced to throw harder which makes me pull it or I move my feet to the left 3-5 boards. I don't like this as I am back to not carrying strikes as well as leaving 10 pins.

I think I would like a less aggressive ball that would just allow me to stay put when the lanes start to burn up.
                            Lefty or righty - I forget....

Comment

what is your new ball??
                              Storm Pearl - orange/black/silver - IT SMELLS PRETTY!!!!

Comment

Lefty or righty - I forget....
                                Oops. Righty.

Comment

Working...
                                X