Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    194-213-232 = 639

Lanes were still a bit on the dry side. I had a decent shot, but again last night i didn't really have a lot of energy. I threw a number of shots way too slow, came up high and got splits.

The only opens that i had were the 3 or 4 (can't recall) splits that i had.

I left a 7-9 split on a shot that was maybe a wee tad high. Second one this year. I can't recall getting that particular split in years and years and years.

Average at 209.
    Nice ave.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Nobody else bowled this week?
      We went into Wednesday's game in 4th place playing the 1st place team. We took all 7 points. The 2nd and 3rd place teams played each other. We move up to second 1 point out of first.

I had a weird night trying some of the new tools. First game 155 with my only strike coming as my fill ball in the 10th frame. Left some splits, washouts. I was not consistent in hitting my mark.

I shortened my back swing in the second game. Ended up with 223 including a 4 bagger. 3rd game was 202.

I am looking forward to putting it all together for this Wednesday.

Comment

Where is your ball finishing through the pins?
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
          Where is your ball finishing through the pins?
          I am not sure yet. Quite frankly I had a hard time following it all the way through. My eyes move to the pins by habit and so quickly that I do not realize I missed the ball exit until it is too late. I am going to try to watch that again this week.

I did throw a bomb that left the 8 pin causing both teams to gasp and shake their heads.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            I am not sure yet. Quite frankly I had a hard time following it all the way through. My eyes move to the pins by habit and so quickly that I do not realize I missed the ball exit until it is too late. I am going to try to watch that again this week.

I did throw a bomb that left the 8 pin causing both teams to gasp and shake their heads.
            It does take a while to start seeing it. Last Thursday, I was watching my buddy and he was hitting the pocket all day, but the ball wasnt carrying through the pocket. It was deflecting off the head pin and his ball was finishing where the 9 pin stands. He left plenty of 10 pins or 6/10's. He moved to a more angular ball and started getting through the pins a bit better.

First its a matter of getting to the pocket - then it is seeing how the ball is finishing once you get there. How your ball gets through the pins will tell you alot about how you are throwing it.

Rock 8 pins are the suck!
            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

And tonight I get to bowl in the house that has given me fits... The back ends are really snappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve
                wow!
                I throw darts in the house. My wife wouldnt like me bowling at home.

Comment

I throw Jarts in the house. My wife wouldnt like me bowling at home.
                  Fixed.

Comment

Bowl last night - Team won 2 out of 3 and the total so that was good.

Still a work in progress but feel I am making progress after 2 years off and a new Ball. I am definitely getting more Pin action and strikes but had issues with 7 pin (lefty) probably 4 of my opens.

Biggest issue over past bowling is - Old age and the aches and Pains that go with it. Having right heel and Hips issue that is effecting my consistency - esp in the third game. We are an older league so you see all kinds of styles that I am sure the cause of old age.

I did happen to bowl on the same lanes as 2 young ones yesterday - They threw about a thousand miles per hour!!!!

Comment

Well last night was lets say interesting. We had 2 people pre-bowl for our team. So when practice starts the guy I bowl with throws his first warm up shot. He typically rolls the ball of the 15 board swings it to 10 and comes back to the pocket. Well he got his ball over 15 and took out the 7 pin. My first warm up shot was with my Tropical Storm. It is a pearlized ball. I stood left as far as I could get rolled the ball over the middle arrow and the ball didnt make it out to the 10 board. I broke across the head pin..........

At any rate - it seems that the oiling machine may not be working correctly. It was as if the fronts got stripped and then nothing got laid down. I ended up playing 3 games with my 20 yr old urethane ball. I was trying to roll over 15 out to 7 but it literally started breaking at the arrows. So it was throw as hard as I can, straight up 7 with no hand. If I missed 1 board left I was crossing over. If I threw it good, I would leave a 4, or a 9, or a 10. Even the occasional 6/10. The guy I was bowling with was using his plastic ball for the last game throwing it out to 7 board. Problem was there was no drive in that ball - so he wasnt scoring with it.

Needless to say the scoring was way way down. I was high on our set with a 466. Yes a 466 and the other guy on my team barely covered a 400. I talked with at least 4 other people on different lanes and we all had the same issues.

Not cool. Oh and I am sore, sore, sore today. There is a really helpless feeling leaving a 6 pin or a 10 pin and realizing it may be virtually impossible to get the ball to go that far right.

Comment

Well last night was lets say interesting. We had 2 people pre-bowl for our team. So when practice starts the guy I bowl with throws his first warm up shot. He typically rolls the ball of the 15 board swings it to 10 and comes back to the pocket. Well he got his ball over 15 and took out the 7 pin. My first warm up shot was with my Tropical Storm. It is a pearlized ball. I stood left as far as I could get rolled the ball over the middle arrow and the ball didnt make it out to the 10 board. I broke across the head pin..........

At any rate - it seems that the oiling machine may not be working correctly. It was as if the fronts got stripped and then nothing got laid down. I ended up playing 3 games with my 20 yr old urethane ball. I was trying to roll over 15 out to 7 but it literally started breaking at the arrows. So it was throw as hard as I can, straight up 7 with no hand. If I missed 1 board left I was crossing over. If I threw it good, I would leave a 4, or a 9, or a 10. Even the occasional 6/10. The guy I was bowling with was using his plastic ball for the last game throwing it out to 7 board. Problem was there was no drive in that ball - so he wasnt scoring with it.

Needless to say the scoring was way way down. I was high on our set with a 466. Yes a 466 and the other guy on my team barely covered a 400. I talked with at least 4 other people on different lanes and we all had the same issues.

Not cool. Oh and I am sore, sore, sore today. There is a really helpless feeling leaving a 6 pin or a 10 pin and realizing it may be virtually impossible to get the ball to go that far right.
                        Ouch. That is just not right.

Just curious, did you try launching it to take some of the lane out of play?

Comment

That was what I was going to ask. I saw a video that Said instead of moving right or left - Try adding or taking off loft. That is what I trid last night and it seemed to help . But it was just the first week of trying it

Comment

I tried lofting a bit further on to the lanes - to no avail. There was a gal on the other team rolling a DV8 Diva ball. She lofts naturally. Her ball would slide a bit but would pick up almost right away. I watched her throw a ball that was on the 10 board when it picked up and took out the 7 pin.

The only oil I actually could find was outside 5 - and that was essentially an out of bounds. If you got into that - it was not ever coming back.

Comment

I had this happen in a league about 10 years ago and the league voted to not even bowl that night.
                              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
                                Bowl last night - Team won 2 out of 3 and the total so that was good.

Still a work in progress but feel I am making progress after 2 years off and a new Ball. I am definitely getting more Pin action and strikes but had issues with 7 pin (lefty) probably 4 of my opens.

Biggest issue over past bowling is - Old age and the aches and Pains that go with it. Having right heel and Hips issue that is effecting my consistency - esp in the third game. We are an older league so you see all kinds of styles that I am sure the cause of old age.

I did happen to bowl on the same lanes as 2 young ones yesterday - They threw about a thousand miles per hour!!!!
                                I can relate to the aches and pains. I get tendonitis in my right elbow from time to time and some nights it does affect my bowling a bit. The pain isn't real bad, but just enough to twinge once in a while.
                                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                                X