Bowling 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
    I didn't bowl this week but - one of my team mates picked up a 7 - 10 split.

have any of you ever bowled a 300 game? Closest I every got was 7th frame - and I will admit I was a little beer Happy at the time.
    I have one 300 game. 3 other times i had the first 11 strikes, but ended up with 296, 297, 299. I was pretty shaky on the final ball each time. And i cannot remember my 300 game all that well.

I have never seen the 7-10 made. I have seen the 4-6 split made.

0f1b45b3699240d9be592788840b3789.pdf

This is a link to the blurb in the local paper about my 300 game. Hope you can see it.
    Last edited by Mithrandir; 10-19-2017, 01:52 PM.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      I have one 300 game. 3 other times i had the first 11 strikes, but ended up with 296, 297, 299. I was pretty shaky on the final ball each time. And i cannot remember my 300 game all that well.

I have never seen the 7-10 made. I have seen the 4-6 split made.

[ATTACH]1014[/ATTACH]

This is a link to the blurb in the local paper about my 300 game. Hope you can see it.
      I have witness - 2 300 games in my life.
      The second one - in the tenth - the Guy first 2 balls were Brooklyn's and you could see him shaking on them. On the last one you could almost see him say shit I just lucked out twice and he buried the last ball.

I couldn't do it - if I ever got to the tenth I would probably end up with a gutter ball. As I said when I got my 7 straight I was feeling no pain and after the first 4 I was just just throwing and shooting at the Pins like I knew they were going down lol - 2 shit faced to be nervous LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
        I didn't bowl this week but - one of my team mates picked up a 7 - 10 split.

have any of you ever bowled a 300 game? Closest I every got was 7th frame - and I will admit I was a little beer Happy at the time.
        I have bowled a 300 and a 296. I have also bowled an 811 scratch series. All three were on different days.

That is one of the reasons my present state of bowling is so frustrating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          I have bowled a 300 and a 296. I have also bowled an 811 scratch series. All three were on different days.

I once golfed a 300, so i understand your frustration.
          --------------------------------------
          You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

I have never had an 800 series. It pisses me off big time! You would think that I could have just one series where I would have enough luck (I have the skill!) to break 800. I have about 5 series over 770.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Do you think getting older has negatively affected your bowling? I have not yet felt the sting of age hinder my game (the bit of tendonitis doesn't really hamper my game).

Comment

• I have one 300 - I got a couple years ago. Ive actually thrown 18 straight strikes and didnt get a 300 game. I picked up the 7/10 this summer. No 800 series, but I have a couple over 750.

I think Im actually getting better at the game because I am able to think through things better. That said, I can no longer throw hard enough to over power a pair of lanes, so its more about execution than just brute force.
                It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• I rolled a 299 one night a few years ago. We got to the 10th frame and the opponent who was bowling against me and the lanes on either side of me wouldn't bowl like the other 9 frames. That made me more nervous than I think I would have been. I was lucky on the 2nd ball in the 10th (brooklyn) and was lucky to get a 9 count with the last ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    Do you think getting older has negatively affected your bowling? I have not yet felt the sting of age hinder my game (the bit of tendonitis doesn't really hamper my game).
                    I do not think so. I have very little aches and pains while bowling after warming up (although first ball is a doozy). Speed is about the same.

I do not think it is a diminished hand eye coordination as I hit my mark pretty well. Plus over the last two years my golf game has greatly improved without more practice (indicator of the hand eye thing).

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight Otter
                      Give it up. These guys are WAY too serious.
                      Nope, you all are just funnier in the other threads.

Plus 300 for a mannequin in golf is pretty good.

Comment

• Last night was rather fun.

Started the night throwing the Hammer Bad Intentions Hybrid. Was hitting the pocket but not carrying well. Left a 7, a 9 and a 10 pin in the first 5 frames with only 1 strike. My line was 15 to 10 with very little hand (probably why I wasnt carrying well). So I did what I told myself to do last week, grab the urethane move a bit right and roll straight up 7 went strike, 8/, strike off the sheet 237. Game 2 I missed a 10 pin and pulled the ball in the 8th for the only split of the night - was in the pocket all game 231

Game three Im not sure what happened, I think I made the wrong adjustment and I got a bit lazy on my release and just wasnt carrying for the first 4 frames but stayed clean. Then the next 4 frames I just plain old threw some bad shots and missed a spare. Snapped out of it in the 9th with a good shot that left a 9 pin. Got to the 10th and needed the first strike to make sure we won total pins. Threw 2 strikes and a 7 count. Finished 176.

644 series last night that I am very pleased with - other than I was on a real nice 700 pace.

Always want to do better.
                        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                          Last night was rather fun.

Started the night throwing the Hammer Bad Intentions Hybrid. Was hitting the pocket but not carrying well. Left a 7, a 9 and a 10 pin in the first 5 frames with only 1 strike. My line was 15 to 10 with very little hand (probably why I wasnt carrying well). So I did what I told myself to do last week, grab the urethane move a bit right and roll straight up 7 went strike, 8/, strike off the sheet 237. Game 2 I missed a 10 pin and pulled the ball in the 8th for the only split of the night - was in the pocket all game 231

Game three Im not sure what happened, I think I made the wrong adjustment and I got a bit lazy on my release and just wasnt carrying for the first 4 frames but stayed clean. Then the next 4 frames I just plain old threw some bad shots and missed a spare. Snapped out of it in the 9th with a good shot that left a 9 pin. Got to the 10th and needed the first strike to make sure we won total pins. Threw 2 strikes and a 7 count. Finished 176.

644 series last night that I am very pleased with - other than I was on a real nice 700 pace.

Always want to do better.
                          Very Nice.

We took 7 on Wednesday. Tied for 2nd 1 point out of first.

I bowled a 522. Still not carrying. Smashed the pocket and left another 8 pin. Also had a pocket 7-10 split.

Did pick up a double in the 10th to help us edge out a win in that game.

Third game went straight over 13 board down and in. Got a double and then left the 6-7-4-10 split yay!

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight Otter
                            Depends on what services she's providing.
                            Ok young man go get the soap.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Otter
                              Depends on what services she's providing.
                              Ok young man go get the soap.
                              She's providing cleaning services, apparently.
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Nope, you all are just funnier in the other threads.

Plus 300 for a mannequin in golf is pretty good.
                                I was so nervous on that last putt...
                                --------------------------------------
                                You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

Working...
                                X