*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frae View Post
    Heading to 36 hours. I’d love to see a post or something the no communication things is not ideal in round 1.
    I confirmed he was participating just a few days back. I guess he just isn't aware we've started.

Time to skip I think.

Revo Up

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      I confirmed he was participating just a few days back. I guess he just isn't aware we've started.

Time to skip I think.

Revo Up
      It's somewhat ridiculous to skip the guy in the 1st round. Either he's in or he ain't.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        It's somewhat ridiculous to skip the guy in the 1st round. Either he's in or he ain't.
        Well he said he was in a couple of days ago before we fixed a start date, so given that he clearly doesn't know we've started yet, I think the only reasonable thing to do is skip until we get confirmation.

Either way it won't make any real difference to move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Agreed.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• We probably need to make people at least post in the discussion thread once before they are in. This is pretty annoying both ways now. Skipping someone in round one is bizarre but waiting isn’t really any fun.

Comment

• We don't have rules to deal with this, so just move on until we get confirmation. The only rule we have is the 24 hour skip rule.

If he hasn't confirmed by his next pick we can assume he's out.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                We don't have rules to deal with this, so just move on until we get confirmation. The only rule we have is the 24 hour skip rule.

If he hasn't confirmed by his next pick we can assume he's out.
                Then it probably makes more sense to put him on the turn so he isn't being penalized from the start.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Then it probably makes more sense to put him on the turn so he isn't being penalized from the start.
                  Ken has made it clear he does not want to give up the turn. So that's a no go.

Let's just move on.

There are no good decisions here.

Comment

• Mookie just replied to my tweet and said he is coming over. Revo might as well wait now and hopefully, we can get going.

Comment

• Does anyone want to volunteer to keep the History thread Up to date?

This list:

1.01 Walter Johnson P 1913 Min
                      1.02 Cy Young P 1908 CLV
                      1.03 Barry Bonds OF YTF PIT
                      1.04 Robin Yount SS 1982 MIL
                      1.05 Babe Ruth OF 1921 NYY

I'll continue to do the copy/paste for the spreadsheet entries as I update the Spreadsheet, but if I have to update the pick list, it will only be done sporadically.

If someone can do this more regularly than I can, that'd be a great help.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                        Mookie just replied to my tweet and said he is coming over. Revo might as well wait now and hopefully, we can get going.
                        Nice one!

Comment

• still need BY for Bonds
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Sorry for the delay. And the upcoming delay. I had Foxx and Cobb a little lower on my list, so y'all left me three options I can't decide between. Also, I apologize in advance for what might be a long delay for my next pick. The outer bands of Cristobal are already here, and I have no idea when or if I will lose power or internet.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                              Sorry for the delay. And the upcoming delay. I had Foxx and Cobb a little lower on my list, so y'all left me three options I can't decide between. Also, I apologize in advance for what might be a long delay for my next pick. The outer bands of Cristobal are already here, and I have no idea when or if I will lose power or internet.
                              The old "Outer Bands of Cristobal" excuse. Tried and true
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                The old "Outer Bands of Cristobal" excuse. Tried and true
                                “Outer Bands of Cristobal” would be a good name for a band.

Comment

Working...
                                X