No announcement yet.

*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah it would have been super tough to pick from that depleted player pool.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Good pick with Eck, fwiw, Mookie. I briefly considered him, but didn't want to take two big franchises that early. For the letter and his stats, he's great there.

Comment

• And nice pick with Ott. I almost pulled that trigger.

Comment

• When convenient for someone to post it, would love to take a look at the franchise eligibility formula. I noticed that Rogers Hornsby played 317 career games for the Cubs, making 1,321 plate appaerances. He played 67 career games for the Browns (i.e. BAL franchise), with only 138 plate appearances. Yet somehow, he's eligible for BAL but not for CHC. I'm sure it is correct just curious to see the factors used.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
            When convenient for someone to post it, would love to take a look at the franchise eligibility formula. I noticed that Rogers Hornsby played 317 career games for the Cubs, making 1,321 plate appaerances. He played 67 career games for the Browns (i.e. BAL franchise), with only 138 plate appearances. Yet somehow, he's eligible for BAL but not for CHC. I'm sure it is correct just curious to see the factors used.
            Look at seasons not games or PA.
            5 seasons = eligible.
            If a player doesn't have 5 seasons it's the team they played on the most # of seasons (or tied)

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
              When convenient for someone to post it, would love to take a look at the franchise eligibility formula. I noticed that Rogers Hornsby played 317 career games for the Cubs, making 1,321 plate appaerances. He played 67 career games for the Browns (i.e. BAL franchise), with only 138 plate appearances. Yet somehow, he's eligible for BAL but not for CHC. I'm sure it is correct just curious to see the factors used.
              It's good to point these things out ... it may find an error/anomaly in the process.

Hornsby played different 4 seasons (1929,30,31,32) with with CHC (CHN), and 5 (1933,34,35,36,37) for BAL (SLA).

If a player played any part of a season for a Franchise it counts as 1 year with that Franchise. 5 is the minimum number of years to eligible to be drafted for that franchise for our purposes.

Hornsby:

SLN = STL = 13
              SLA = BAL = 5
              CHN = CHC = 4
              NY1 = SFG = 1
              BSN = ATL = 1

Comment

• Makes sense. Thanks.

Comment

• Keefe time? Woohoo!
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I felt like it was time.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Feral still hasn't picked a BY for Bonds.

It's a bit ridiculous that Feral gets to see his options for the next 2 picks before he has to pick Bonds year.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                        Feral still hasn't picked a BY for Bonds.

It's a bit ridiculous that Feral gets to see his options for the next 2 picks before he has to pick Bonds year.
                        I'll go give him some negative rep for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Keefe time? Woohoo!
                          So, more wins and innings in 1883 or better ratios in 1888 for Keefe? Which way should I have gone?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            Feral still hasn't picked a BY for Bonds.

Yes, I'm an evil genius and will ignore the obvious year for Bonds just to mess with you all. I'll take the year with 73 HR's.
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              Yes, I'm an evil genius and will ignore the obvious year for Bonds just to mess with you all. I'll take the year with 73 HR's.
                              Ken took a different year last time--the one with the .609 OBP. But 2001 seems like the more obvious choice. Now we just need to update the post and we're good.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                So, more wins and innings in 1883 or better ratios in 1888 for Keefe? Which way should I have gone?
                                I generally side with better ratios.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X