• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
    This is the first I have ever heard of a three game rule
    I wonder how quickly Rizzo will be in my MI spot

Comment

• I took 3 SP in the first 5 rounds and if they perform as expected, it might have been a solid strategy.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Man Mike, you sniped me twice there...those are 2 great picks at this stage of the draft. Post hype sleeper in Dahl, and a potential 25 HR bat at 2nd in Calhoun. Nice work!
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• How does the "auto draft" feature work?
          Fresno Bob shows to be on auto, but its sitting there on his pick and the clock is just counting down...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            How does the "auto draft" feature work?
            Fresno Bob shows to be on auto, but its sitting there on his pick and the clock is just counting down...
            I had no one left in my queue, so it would have just counted down, then probably given me Brad Peacock.....
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
              I had no one left in my queue, so it would have just counted down, then probably given me Brad Peacock.....
              So instead you took Choo who was by far my #1 target at this point. Why did I say anything

Comment

• How many steals does one realistically need to finish mid-pack in a 17-team league? I am thinking the number is pretty low, not that much more than what B.Ham or Dee would get by themselves. Last season 105 steals would have gotten you 6 points out of 15 in PONY, but that seems like more steals are needed than I expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  How many steals does one realistically need to finish mid-pack in a 17-team league? I am thinking the number is pretty low, not that much more than what B.Ham or Dee would get by themselves. Last season 105 steals would have gotten you 6 points out of 15 in PONY, but that seems like more steals are needed than I expected.
                  Very good question, and in the general sense anyone have a good resource on category targets? Seems like that should be widely available with the amount of data that is collected by the providers.

Comment

Very good question, and in the general sense anyone have a good resource on category targets? Seems like that should be widely available with the amount of data that is collected by the providers.
                    When I plugged the league into last year's version of rotolab it suggests a goal of 150 stolen bases.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
                      When I plugged the league into last year's version of rotolab it suggests a goal of 150 stolen bases.
                      That seems high. 150 would have been 1st place, 2nd place, and 4th place in my three 15 team mixed leagues last year.

Comment

That seems high. 150 would have been 1st place, 2nd place, and 4th place in my three 15 team mixed leagues last year.
                        I agree. I was aiming for 100-120 personally.

Comment

• in RJEL (18-team mixed) last year, the top SB totals were 159, 157, 152, 139, 128, 122, 121, etc.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                            in RJEL (18-team mixed) last year, the top SB totals were 159, 157, 152, 139, 128, 122, 121, etc.
                            Good info. Obviously it depends on distribution, the bottom end of that curve is relevant as well.

Looking at startable players Steamer predicts an average of right around 106 SB per team

Comment

Good info. Obviously it depends on distribution, the bottom end of that curve is relevant as well.

Looking at startable players Steamer predicts an average of right around 106 SB per team
                              That's good info. I was just wondering if we were at the point yet where you could ignore steals but cobble together 40-50 and finish 4 or 5 places above the bottom. Maybe not quite there yet.

Comment

Good point - RJEL is a very dump-y league compared to some others I've been in, and certainly compared to what this league will be, so the extremes are more extreme.

159, 157, 152, 139, 128, 122, 121, 117, 112, 110, 109, 103, 96, 95, 92, 86, 84, 60. Average 113.5
                                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X