RJ Mock One Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    How many steals does one realistically need to finish mid-pack in a 17-team league? I am thinking the number is pretty low, not that much more than what B.Ham or Dee would get by themselves. Last season 105 steals would have gotten you 6 points out of 15 in PONY, but that seems like more steals are needed than I expected.
    Mid pack in my 16-team redraft last year was 108.

Comment

• I drafted Dyson to fill my utility slot and fantrax put him on my reserves. Is the league set up so anybody can be at ut?

Comment

• I have never played in an OBP league. What is solid team OBP?
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          I have never played in an OBP league. What is solid team OBP?
          Again with the caveat that RJEL has a wider spread than normal because of all the dump trades - .354, .353, .340 (big jump), .339, .339, .338, .338, .338, .337, .333, .332, .331, .329, .328, .326, .325, .324, .321
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
            I drafted Dyson to fill my utility slot and fantrax put him on my reserves. Is the league set up so anybody can be at ut?
            Yessir

Comment

• As I was entering the rosters into Rotolab, I saw some teams who appeared to have big holes this late, yet had drafted players who in prior years would have qualified at those positions that needed to be filled. For instance, Hanley at 1B or Nelson Cruz in the OF. Knowing that I set the eligibility for 20 games last year and that these players did not qualify there, I was wondering what was going on. Only now did I see a small box, on a hidden page in their front office, was checked off for "Also Use Fantrax's Default Position," which unbeknownst to me wrongly gave these players eligibility at these positions.

It only affects a small handful of players, and while it's too late to make any changes now, I do believe this should be corrected before the season begins.

It was well-stated that 20 games is the eligibility requirement, so I don't think anyone should object, even if it was a mistake.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                As I was entering the rosters into Rotolab, I saw some teams who appeared to have big holes this late, yet had drafted players who in prior years would have qualified at those positions that needed to be filled. For instance, Hanley at 1B or Nelson Cruz in the OF. Knowing that I set the eligibility for 20 games last year and that these players did not qualify there, I was wondering what was going on. Only now did I see a small box, on a hidden page in their front office, was checked off for "Also Use Fantrax's Default Position," which unbeknownst to me wrongly gave these players eligibility at these positions.

It only affects a small handful of players, and while it's too late to make any changes now, I do believe this should be corrected before the season begins.

It was well-stated that 20 games is the eligibility requirement, so I don't think anyone should object, even if it was a mistake.
                Yeah, I saw the Nellie Cruz one and was a bit perplexed, since he only played a few games in the field last season. Definitely should be changed one the season starts, and those owners should make note to cover themselves.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  Yeah, I saw the Nellie Cruz one and was a bit perplexed, since he only played a few games in the field last season. Definitely should be changed one the season starts, and those owners should make note to cover themselves.
                  Agree 100%.

Comment

• What's the rule for rookies? Is it expected position or where they played in the minors? I'm okay with Pirela losing 2B qualification, I guess I needed to double-check, but if Calhoun doesn't have 2B it's going to be annoying.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                      What's the rule for rookies? Is it expected position or where they played in the minors? I'm okay with Pirela losing 2B qualification, I guess I needed to double-check, but if Calhoun doesn't have 2B it's going to be annoying.
                      From Fantrax:
                      "If a player does not qualify for any positions based on the above selections, he will qualify at the position(s) played most in the previous MLB season. If he did not play at all last season, then the default position(s) will be used."

Calhoun played 11 games in the majors last year, all in the OF.

Comment

• Aren't we required to fill our active rosters before we can choose reserves?

Comment

• Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                          Aren't we required to fill our active rosters before we can choose reserves?
                          Nope. That was discussed earlier.

Comment

• Alright

Comment

As I was entering the rosters into Rotolab,
                              I'd be interested in seeing the Rotolab projections for the league, if possible.
                              One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

From Fantrax:
                                "If a player does not qualify for any positions based on the above selections, he will qualify at the position(s) played most in the previous MLB season. If he did not play at all last season, then the default position(s) will be used."

Calhoun played 11 games in the majors last year, all in the OF.
                                I don't think Calhoun has 2B eligibility in any league this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X